What are you currently playing?

Remove this Banner Ad

Far Cry 6 - not sure what all the hate is about over this game. It's not too bad at all. I have enjoyed doing all the Far Cry games to 100% and it's kinda disappointing they didn't really cater towards that so much this time around. No achevievements on Steam is another bummer, but big map and plenty to do like treasures hunts, etc. Good game overall.
e.

It's not bad. I think the main problem people had were the ending left them a bit unsatisfied and the very little use of Giancarlo Esposito. Just doesn't hold a candle to the religious cult villains of Far Cry 5.

Takes at least 3 run throughs before I re-learn enough to 'properly' play the game. So many little nuances that help/hinder your gameplay.

I always like to play tall with Brittany as a refresher. Usually by the time I feel comfortable again I've managed to weasel a few cheeky marriages in west Francia that are exploitable.

Now I'm trying to resist the urge to go play again myself.

It's not bad. I think the main problem people had were the ending left them a bit unsatisfied and the very little use of Giancarlo Esposito. Just doesn't hold a candle to the religious cult villains of Far Cry 5.
I could not get into 6 at all. Just felt worse to FC5 in pretty much every way.

View attachment 2120118View attachment 2120119

Well that was fun. 8 hours all up including a lunch break for pizza. We ended up playing:

Quake
Overwatch 2
Team Fortress 2
Counter-strike 2
Unreal Tournament 2004
Dawn of War
Age of Empires 2

Man that is so cool. I haven't done that since we were teenagers. We'd always have to start with Red Alert 2 and Age of Empires 2 because once we got to Day of Defeat we wouldn't play anything else.

Man that is so cool. I haven't done that since we were teenagers. We'd always have to start with Red Alert 2 and Age of Empires 2 because once we got to Day of Defeat we wouldn't play anything else.
Day of Defeat 3.1 beta has claims to be one of the greatest video games of all time.

Day of Defeat 3.1 beta has claims to be one of the greatest video games of all time.

We stopped playing mostly once it went to Steam. I think that's when it became Source? Naturally most of us had dodgy keys so couldn't upgrade.

Omaha beach with bots was absolutely nuts. I loved the Kalt map because I had an awesome camping spot to lock down the flag on the bridge. Forest and Anzio were great maps too. What was the snakey town one with the British? That was fun as long as your team didn't get beaten back to the spawn because you were never getting out.

We stopped playing mostly once it went to Steam. I think that's when it became Source? Naturally most of us had dodgy keys so couldn't upgrade.

Omaha beach with bots was absolutely nuts. I loved the Kalt map because I had an awesome camping spot to lock down the flag on the bridge. Forest and Anzio were great maps too. What was the snakey town one with the British? That was fun as long as your team didn't get beaten back to the spawn because you were never getting out.
Nah it went to source later. It first changed from a HL mod to an officially released game on steam ie "DoD retail". This was the start of the downfall though, as they really dumbed the game down for a wider audience. It was still good but the beta days were the best. Had a pretty fun AU community as well, clans etc.

Later on they released the source version as a remake using the new Source engine from Half Life 2.

Yeah it was good fun! The second time I've done this in the last decade. It's so hard to organise around adult lives!

We also played Mario Kart on the Switch. Four-player splitscreen. They don't make 'em like they used to!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I always like to play tall with Brittany as a refresher. Usually by the time I feel comfortable again I've managed to weasel a few cheeky marriages in west Francia that are exploitable.

Now I'm trying to resist the urge to go play again myself.

I usually start with Sigurdr in 867 and take the viking pillaging approach until West Francia starts to dissolve, wrestle ownership of West Francia, switch to Catholicism to prevent the inevitable holy war, and then eventually jump over to becoming Norman once onagers are needed.

Current play through is also an 867 start with Hermenexildo Gutierrez Menéndez as part of the Struggle for Iberia. Downside is there's a bit more sitting around waiting because you're not able to annex others as easily, and obtaining gold isn't as simple as going on a raid.

Nah it went to source later. It first changed from a HL mod to an officially released game on steam ie "DoD retail". This was the start of the downfall though, as they really dumbed the game down for a wider audience. It was still good but the beta days were the best. Had a pretty fun AU community as well, clans etc.

Later on they released the source version as a remake using the new Source engine from Half Life 2.

Oh that's what it happened then. I remember me and my friends all had the same HL key and one by one the servers must have been switching to retail. Optus I think were one of the last to fall. By then eventually Call of Duty had launched and we all moved over to get our WW2 fix and I think a lot of other DoD players did too because you'd say many of the same clans and players.

Oh that's what it happened then. I remember me and my friends all had the same HL key and one by one the servers must have been switching to retail. Optus I think were one of the last to fall. By then eventually Call of Duty had launched and we all moved over to get our WW2 fix and I think a lot of other DoD players did too because you'd say many of the same clans and players.
Yep. Both CoD and WoW took the majority of the player base.

Remove this Banner Ad

What are you currently playing?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back