What are you currently watching?

Remove this Banner Ad

Rachael Gunn 'breakdancing'

:roflv1::roflv1::roflv1::roflv1::roflv1::roflv1::roflv1:
It is clear the Federal Government needs to commit millions of dollars in funding Breakdancing. After all, a gold medal in breakdancing has the same value as a gold medal in 3x3 basketball and the same value as a gold medal in the 100m sprint.

It must be like some of those contestants on xxx's Got Talent. You know, those ones that are so bad it is embarrassing. The ones that have absolutely no shame and just want to appear on TV.

I hope the bboys can at least score a point.

I must say I looked better than that the last time I had a fit.

Nautilus Season 1 (Disney+). Stars Shazad Latif as Captain Nemo and about half the cast are Australian actors. Set in 1857 when the British East India Company was at its height. The BEIC, in secret, designs and builds the Nautilus with slave labour who ultimately rebel and steal the sub. Very loosely based on Jules Verne's book and seems a little over the top in the BEIC pursuit. Only seen episode 1 but looks OK for the lack of anything else to watch. All episodes available so a binge night may be in order if you get into it.

Started to watch Wyatt Earp and The Cowboy War. Essentially starts off with the OK Corral gunfight and then explores the aftermath. Might be alright but I stopped after 20 minutes when the story was interrupted by historians giving their input. Cut them out and let the show run and it might be enjoyable.

There have been a few of these types of shows. George Washington and Benjamin Franklin (starring Michael Douglas) are two that I know of. Started the Washington one but stopped for the same reason as above. Never bothered with Franklin.

Not saying you shouldn't watch it, but the historian pieces really shit me. You can learn some stuff, though. For example, I did not know Washington was a Redcoat Officer before he changed sides. Can't trust those F&*ckin' treacherous Yankees.

With Wyatt Earp, I knew he was no saint and this show highlights that. Certainly not the Kevin Costner hero type. Also, the Clanton gang was much bigger than the movies indicated. They stole 1000s of head of cattle from Mexico and made a fortune.

Up to you if you want to watch. On Netflix.

Treadstone (2019 series). We all thought Treadstone was shut down after Jason Bourne kicked all that arse. Apparently not. The Cicadas (sleeper agents) are waking up.

First episode was extremely promising. Lesser-known but highly competent cast. Recommended.

Oh, and LOTR - Rings of Power Season 2 is kicking some serious butt.

Treadstone (2019 series). We all thought Treadstone was shut down after Jason Bourne kicked all that arse. Apparently not. The Cicadas (sleeper agents) are waking up.

First episode was extremely promising. Lesser-known but highly competent cast. Recommended.

Oh, and LOTR - Rings of Power Season 2 is kicking some serious butt.
An update on Treadstone. It is an excellent series and well worth watchin. However, none of the story threads were completed, suggesting a continuation into season 2, which never happened. I suspect this show was a victim of COVID when Hollywood shut down.

A couple of new TV shows to look out for if you can access them:

1. Agatha All Along - Spin-off from WandaVision with the character Agatha Harkness. Witch stuff. Disney+
2. Paris Has Fallen - French show but there is an English language version out there. Terrorists take over some place and the sky falls in. Heroes save the day. SBS On Demand
3. The Penguin - Stars Colin Farrell. 8 Episodes on HBO
4. Tulsa King Season 2
5. The Old Man Season 2
6. Slow Horses Season 4
7. Only Murders In the Building Season 4

Also an interesting interpretation of The Crow. OK if you liked the Original Brandon Lee version.

Remove this Banner Ad

What are you currently watching?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back