What are you listening to right now? Pt VI

Remove this Banner Ad

catching up on prong. never really listened to them until now despite knowing about them forever. i remember reading them in terrorizer mag slagging off metallica's live shows.

was reminded of prong because the drummer sits in category 7 (live drummer for prong).

love john bush. but the fact in their 4 music videos the band set up exactly the same way in each one, says all you need to know about category 7. pass.

also type o

perfect for housework/brooding after arguments

Slightly NSFW

so this song, i was really into back in 2019 for a while, it was the soundtrack to a crush i had that would never eventuate, she was kinda rock-star-ish like the lead singer is here, hair and clothes etc, and i knew i'd never stack up to her coolness, was happy just to be balancing on the edge of the friendship group for a space of time, lol.

Last edited:

Anyone catch the Linkin Park stream this morning & new single? New singer isn't too bad - was a good nostalgia trip
Mixed emotions.
Don’t like the fact she covered the previous songs. Her voice sucks. But the new song, Emptiness Machine, her voice is suitable for that type of song.

Haven't listened to this song in ages, but it popped up on my recommended list this morning. The power of AI, I suppose.

there’s a new Jungle song out. It has the usual dance video and teases another track at the end the way all the Volcano vids did. could we be getting another album already?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Isn't there some controversy about the new Linkin Park singer that she's a hardcore Scientologist and supported the rapist Masterson in his trial?
Yeah seems to be blowing up quite a bit. 2nd gen scientologist whose folks are quite high up so she's probably had no chance. Hasn't publicly commented on her scientology but did comment on the Masterson thing saying she was asked to attend his case, but never went back or spoke to him once info came to light. However, she's still best friends with a lot of his cronies so who knows how legit that is.

Mixed emotions.
Don’t like the fact she covered the previous songs. Her voice sucks. But the new song, Emptiness Machine, her voice is suitable for that type of song.
Yeah in the same boat - have been quite a passionate LP fan over years (was your cliche lent on their music in a dark time type operator), and Chesters passing + the radio silence really hit me. The comeback was always going to be a weird moment - she really struggled in the live stream too which made it worse. Not sure if nerves (apparently her performance last night in LA was 100x better but it's all just choppy streams) or trying too hard to hit notes she couldn't, but it chopped, cut out a lot and she relied on the crowd to keep it going too much. Emptiness Machine is a banger though - doesn't feel like Linkin Park yet but am honestly more in the "glad they're back" camp, as my kids are both into LP now too and it'd be a dream for me to take them to a gig

Remove this Banner Ad

What are you listening to right now? Pt VI

Remove this Banner Ad

Back