What are you Listening to?

Remove this Banner Ad

You got 24hrs Mutts. Clock ticking.
That was tough Hoj, but like blackshadow, way too hard to rank them, apart from the usual suspects like Jimi Hendrix, Jimmy Page, Eric Clapton, Ritchie Blackmore, and Jeff Beck, and in absolutely no particular order these are the first dozen odd that came to mind, and i'm sure there plenty more :

Alex Lifeson, Rory Gallagher, Eddy Van Halen, Nuno Bettencourt, Steve Vai, Joe Satriani, Yngwie Malmsteen, Tony Iommi, Leslie West, Stevie Ray Vaughan, Tom Morello, Robin Trower.....................................................................................

Here goes nothing - my favourites aren't the virtuosos that some others will have on their list but players who have deeply impacted me.

Neil Young
Malcolm Young
Ron Asheton
Pete Townshend
Jeff Beck
Keith Richards
Dave Navarro
Tony Iommi
Kent Steadman
Link Wray Billy Gibbons

If Steve Jones had done more than one album with the Sex Pistols he'd be on the list.

Last edited:
That was tough Hoj, but like blackshadow, way too hard to rank them, apart from the usual suspects like Jimi Hendrix, Jimmy Page, Eric Clapton, Ritchie Blackmore, and Jeff Beck, and in absolutely no particular order these are the first dozen odd that came to mind, and i'm sure there plenty more :

Alex Lifeson, Rory Gallagher, Eddy Van Halen, Nuno Bettencourt, Steve Vai, Joe Satriani, Yngwie Malmsteen, Tony Iommi, Leslie West, Stevie Ray Vaughan, Tom Morello, Robin Trower.....................................................................................

In no particular order, really;
Alvin Lee
Rory Gallagher
Jimmy Hendrix
Eric Clapton
Wilko Johnson
Mick Ronson
Jeff Beck
Duane Allman
Lobby Loyde
Norman Roue
Shin Joong-hyun ( father of Korean rock )

Last edited:
Alvin Lee
Rory Gallagher
Jimmy Hendrix
Eric Clapton
Wilko Johnson
Mick Ronson
Jeff Beck
Duane Allman
Lobby Loyde
Norman Roue

Mick Ronson was close to making the cut for me.
Lobby - what a legend!
I’d take Dickie Betts over Duane.

Alvin Lee
Rory Gallagher
Jimmy Hendrix
Eric Clapton
Wilko Johnson
Mick Ronson
Jeff Beck
Duane Allman
Lobby Loyde
Norman Roue

Norman Roue!!!! Not a massive catalogue but savage on the slide, and an interesting cat!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Any Accept fans here? New album out last week. Their last few efforts have been quite pedestrian and very same-ish. I like Mark Tornillo as a singer. He does the Udo stuff very well and, in theory, allows the band to continue in the same vein... but the songs just aren't there. Not terrible by any stretch, but it's been more of the same for the last 3-4 albums (Blind Rage was the last really good one). Reminiscent of Ballbreaker/Stiff Upper Lip era AC/DC. Fantastic when I saw them live in 2014, but probably highlights reliance on the classic material.

Any Accept fans here? New album out last week. Their last few efforts have been quite pedestrian and very same-ish. I like Mark Tornillo as a singer. He does the Udo stuff very well and, in theory, allows the band to continue in the same vein... but the songs just aren't there. Not terrible by any stretch, but it's been more of the same for the last 3-4 albums (Blind Rage was the last really good one). Reminiscent of Ballbreaker/Stiff Upper Lip era AC/DC. Fantastic when I saw them live in 2014, but probably highlights reliance on the classic material.

Udo is a pretty interesting cat, Mark sounds like he would have no issues fronting JP as well as he seems to have a bit of a Rob Halford quality to his vocals.

Remove this Banner Ad

What are you Listening to?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back