What Are You Listening To?

Remove this Banner Ad

Allegiance Destitution was my favourite Aussie Album

I was lucky to see them twice

The green n gold was a soccer shirt they designed
Can you remember a band - RAWKUS ??
Played at the Indi bar in the early 90’s - seem to remember them being labelled as the loudest band in the world back then..😬.

Played at the Indi bar in the early 90’s - seem to remember them being labelled as the loudest band in the world back then..😬.

No I don't
I was only legally old enough to go to hotels in 97

I just checked them out though. They sound pretty good

They did a special show in the Grosvenor Backroom where they cranked the bejesus out of everything at a preordained point to claim the official title of "the world's loudest band".

My band at the time had a show at the grotty Grosvenor the following day. Walking into pubs/clubs during the day is always a bit weird - there is the usual unpleasant smells and sights but also this almost palpable absence - but walking into the Backroom that Sunday arvo was genuinely disturbing. Blood and broken bottles all up the stairs, these sad little earplug packets dotted around (with earplugs still in them) giving silent testimony to bad choices and good times.

They did a special show in the Grosvenor Backroom where they cranked the bejesus out of everything at a preordained point to claim the official title of "the world's loudest band".

My band at the time had a show at the grotty Grosvenor the following day. Walking into pubs/clubs during the day is always a bit weird - there is the usual unpleasant smells and sights but also this almost palpable absence - but walking into the Backroom that Sunday arvo was genuinely disturbing. Blood and broken bottles all up the stairs, these sad little earplug packets dotted around (with earplugs still in them) giving silent testimony to bad choices and good times.
oooh who was your band? are you famous? Don't tell me it was V Capri?

Not my earplugs but more than likely my blood…..
The blood could’ve been from many an orifice….possibly ears, nose, eyebrows - definitely inflicted by mates and drunken punters - punch on one week - get on the piss again and laugh about it the next week.
Feeling old and broken now…

Not my earplugs but more than likely my blood…..
The blood could’ve been from many an orifice….possibly ears, nose, eyebrows - definitely inflicted by mates and drunken punters - punch on one week - get on the piss again and laugh about it the next week.
Feeling old and broken now…

Sounds like the good ol days

Yeah, midweek was even worse!

It was crazy some nights

As a young bloke back then it was a good eye opener. I used to rock up there half cut and after a few more drinks have a few ladies older than me chatting me up.

The place was a haven for fights and cougars on the prowl.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It was crazy some nights

As a young bloke back then it was a good eye opener. I used to rock up there half cut and after a few more drinks have a few ladies older than me chatting me up.

Sounds like you were talking about FScotts used to go off on a Tuesday night you might not be old enough to remember though lol.

Yeh I saw Rawkus a few times at Club Original ( Downstairs Grovesner) . Also another band used to always play there with Alligiance called SFD. Good times.

It was crazy some nights

Remember being there at 2am on a Sunday and seeing 50-60 something Ross Glendinning there in a tight muscle shirt. I sarcastically commented on how ripped he looked and he thanked me for the compliment.

Anyway, Luke Jackson.

Slayer green devil..
Wore that to an old folks home and the nun asked me to leave..
Complete lack of social awareness as a teenager 🤣

I will wear it when I end up there in a few years..

Reign in Blood is the best metal album of all time

Agreed. Followed closely by The Sound of Perseverance

I can't make an informed opinion on that album. I like death metal do ill listen in. If you like Dealth and Slayer go listen to Vader a Polish band they have elements of Slayer plus other mental bands. The drummer IMO is world class.

My fav metal bands are Slayer, Pantera, Sepultura and Metallica

I can't make an informed opinion on that album. I like death metal do ill listen in. If you like Dealth and Slayer go listen to Vader a Polish band they have elements of Slayer plus other mental bands. The drummer IMO is world class.

My fav metal bands are Slayer, Pantera, Sepultura and Metallica
Metallica died for me when they released the black album. Justice was the last album of theirs I got into.

Slayer green devil..
Wore that to an old folks home and the nun asked me to leave..
Complete lack of social awareness as a teenager 🤣

I will wear it when I end up there in a few years..
I wore a Dying Fetus "One shot one kill" shirt that featured an image of Osama Bin Laden with a target on his forehead through the streets of Perth City. Yeahh, I was lacking a little social awareness as a teenager too. I remember a woman that walked past me commented, "How charming". I now understand how inappropriate it is to have the words "Dying Fetus" printed across your t-shirt. They're a killer band though!!! The band name is actually a reference to society, but of course it's easily misconstrued, given the nature of death metal.

Anyways, enjoy this headbanger!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back