What are your plans for Grand Final Day ?

Remove this Banner Ad

My plans =

DMbeer%26stout00154.jpg

edit, i also plan to watch a game of football:D

Whats that a WA beer or something?

Whats that a WA beer or something?

It's not called 'Red Death' for nothing over this way.

If Geelong win I'll either (fourth time lucky) score a ticket through the ballot and be at the game or at the supporters club in Perth.

Last year with no Geelong around 8 mates and I were given the keys to a mate's brother's holiday house on the river down South...top stuff...especially with one mate there being a St Kilda fan. The week after was at home with a couple of people and it was all a bit meh.

This Grand Final day, hopefully a party/bbq hastily chucked together if we somehow blow it against the Eagles.

When I moved to Sydney I was shocked at how different it is up here for the NRL GF. I had expected the same as the AFL in Melbourne - you know - the place is a ghost town during the game. But up here it was just like any other day (this was before they moved it to Sunday night).

There's so much tradition surrounding GF day in Melbourne I hope they never do the play it at night thing.

The NRL in Sydney is considerably less popular than the AFL in Melbourne.

Will be heading round to a mates parents place for the big game as they ahve a massive screen inside and a big screen out in the patio as well. They usually get between 30-40 people there.

But before the game 12 of the boys are heading down to our local park and we all get 10 shots on goal from different angles. The two blokes who kick the least amount of goals will have to serve beers to the rest of the lads for the remainder of the afternoon.

Most of us are in our early 30s and there are only a couple that still play footy so the chance of a pinged hammy is high.

lol ,what a great way to start the day, have a great day.

Fixing the garden for party the following weekend..if Geelong is playing I will be furiously ripping shit out randomly and pacing a lot. If it's the Eagles I will leisurely sipping sav blanc whilst carefully constructing topiary elephants, and wandering in and out for a score check.

You forgot the part about pouring petrol down the well and throwing a match down :thumbsu:

:eek: how could i forget!?!?!?!

i hope its not like last year how we were kicking the footy before half time.

Level P in the GSS :D

Before the game I will find a pub around the ground, went to the cricketers before last years prelim so most likely go there again.

Taking Thursday and Friday off work; and combined with it being a long weekend, will be a nice break. Will be staying with my parents in Victoria. I don't fancy my chances of getting a ticket, so I'll be watching the grand final with my Dad on telly.
On the Friday I'll go in to the parade - and go down in history as the first person ever to wear Giants gear to a Grand Final parade.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Taking Thursday and Friday off work; and combined with it being a long weekend, will be a nice break. Will be staying with my parents in Victoria. I don't fancy my chances of getting a ticket, so I'll be watching the grand final with my Dad on telly.
On the Friday I'll go in to the parade - and go down in history as the first person ever to wear Giants gear to a Grand Final parade.

I saw a young kid wearing Giants gear at a Dogs v North game earlier this year, my first ever sighting of a Giants supporter.

On topic, probably the standard BBQ. Agree that it's the best day of the year.

BBQ at a mates cheering on the cats seeing if they can overcome a minor handicap with 18 on 21 on the field.

I'll be in the Lucca hills of Tuscany. Booked a holiday in late 2010, just after Bomber and Ablett left Geelong, thinking we might finish 5th or 6th, if lucky. I discovered today just how unuser friendly the AFL website is when it comes to tuning into the finals radio broadcast.

Remove this Banner Ad

What are your plans for Grand Final Day ?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back