ballanFYNE

Cancelled
May 19, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
bushrangers, NYG, ducks
Which club did you play footy if you played at all??
I'll start:

Club: Bass
Position: Rover/Forward Flank
Preferred foot: Lefty:thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:
B&Fs:
I'm proud to say yes. but only once.

Willetton Juniors U11's to U16's
Cockburn U17's
South Freo District Colts
Trinity/Aquinas
Wesley Curtin

Right foot

Centre, Ruck Rover, Back Pocket

Swanbourne Tigers and Claremont Combined sides. Many many moons ago.
My proudest moment was winning the Claremont District Medal for most umpies votes for all teams in the comp over the year in U14's. The M.F Bridgewood Medal.
To give you some idea how long ago that was, the U16's medal was won that year by one Steven Malaxos.
Not long after that I discovered sex, drugs and rock & roll and that was it for footy.

First team (ripe old age of 32) - Dianella Morley Raiders
Since then Beverley Redbacks.

Kram when did you play at Raiders?

We use to play Karoonda (and would always cop a flogging), depending on how old you are legitimatic, maybe our paths crossed at some stage:)

I doubt our paths every crossed in that case, because when I payed we were complete rubbish.

LF Wing

Melville JFC
East Fremantle FC
North Fremantle AFC
Right foot
Utility...mainly forward line
No B&F's.....Came 3rd 3 times though, leading goalkicker, Best utility

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Played one game for Derby 1980 I think.
Me and a mate both injured drove from Wickham to catch up with his cuz in Derby. We both had broken fingers. Turns out they needed some players. So we drove to Broome and played against one of their teams. Got beaten.

Funny story trying to catch popeye mullet with a throw net off the Derby jetty. My mate reckons "we need throw net to land underneath them". At the time ...crack up.:D

manning
and south perth

positions back pocket and wing.

no best n fairests highest was 4th.
couple of best player awards for something they had called a mozzies day carnival or something like that.

Think its coz i used to be able to just run an run all day an never give up, while others struggled to have an impact after 1 game.

Interesting...what era?

mid 90's. Just one and a bit seasons. My shoulder is still rooted from an injury against North Beach.
"Oh we're a jolly bunch and each one is a star, and if u care to join us you'll find us at the bar"

Some great memories down at the club after the game.:thumbsu:

South Coogee Saints
South Freo for a little
North Freo Amateurs

Won 1 B&F at North Freo in the colts

Complete left footer (no right side whatsoever)

Played wing, back flank, pocket, forward flank and stints in the guts

and to continue on from 4n20

"and if you care to join us you'll find out where alright cause each one is a member of the mighty black and white"

Our song is very similar in the middle:

And if you care to join us youll find us at the bar and if you care to join us youll find that were alright cos each one is a member of the mighty blue and white to old acquaintance be forgot keep your eye on the blue and the white.

"so, join in the chorus and sing it one and all....join in the chorus North Freos' on the ball"

Man, that clubhouse got you in the right mood for a big night out. Great location, just across the Stirling Bridge from the Left Bank, which was an awesomely successful hunting ground for me pre-marriage. Class everywhere.
masthead-maggie.gif

and all this time i though our song was original.:eek:

Our club is, Kilcunda-Bass or Killy Bass or just Bass. Our Nickname is the Panthers.

so Killy bass panthers.

we are one of the only teams in our league that didn't copy an AFL nickname.
The only other club im aware of is Leongatha Parrots:eek:

(BTW, Jarryd Roughead came from Leongatha, whilst Jaryd Blair, Tristian Francais, Brent Maccafer and Mitch Golby came from our league.The ones in bold cam from my club.

Waikerie Mapgies (SA)
West Adelaide Bloods (SA)
Ramco Roosters (SA)
Western Warriors (SA)
Irymple Swallows (Vic)
Newtown-Chillwell Swans (Vic)

23 and i haven't played for a few years now. Had a few shoulder jobs.
Played a bit of under 17's and 19's at Westies.
As a junior played primarily FF/CHF but trimmed down heaps and then started running around on the wing and half back.

Won 2 junior flags and 2 A grade flags.

Waikerie Mapgies (SA)
West Adelaide Bloods (SA)
Ramco Roosters (SA)
Western Warriors (SA)
Irymple Swallows (Vic)
Newtown-Chillwell Swans (Vic)

23 and i haven't played for a few years now. Had a few shoulder jobs.
Played a bit of under 17's and 19's at Westies.
As a junior played primarily FF/CHF but trimmed down heaps and then started running around on the wing and half back.

Won 2 junior flags and 2 A grade flags.

Why support the Double Blues then?:confused:

Why support the Double Blues then?:confused:

Always have been a Double Blue, i was just zoned to WA so that's where i had to play.
My entire family are Blues fans and i also worked for them for two years after i left school.

Always have been a Double Blue, i was just zoned to WA so that's where i had to play.
My entire family are Blues fans and i also worked for them for two years after i left school.

Fair enough.

I was zoned East Freo but there was no way known I was ever going to play for them, so I had to play in Souths zone to qualify.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back