What do we want in this rebuilding (third) year?

I absolutely want in 2022:

• Competitiveness in most games

Votes: 16 42.1%
  • More wins than 2021

Votes: 6 15.8%
  • More tanking than 2021

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • General team skills and fitness improvements

Votes: 19 50.0%
  • Making the Finals

• Winning the premiership

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • I don’t know what I want

• All the above

• Other - more might be added depending on the replies

Votes: 2 5.3%
  • Sackings

Votes: 17 44.7%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Fogarty, Berry, Hately, Thilthorpe, Hinge, Parnell & Gollant, have improved ....some small steps, others larger steps
Coming off a low base you would expect improvement!

How many of these are capable of rising to finals standard, that's what we saw from the Swans yesterday in the first quarter when as a side we melted.

Only Berry of those shows he's up to it. Fog now in patches, but he's always been like that. The rest are still in the fingers crossed basket.

Coming off a low base you would expect improvement!

How many of these are capable of rising to finals standard, that's what we saw from the Swans yesterday in the first quarter when as a side we melted.

Only Berry of those shows he's up to it. Fog now in patches, but he's always been like that. The rest are still in the fingers crossed basket.
Given we need to make 3 list deletions each year ....over the next 3 years, we'll see 10-12 changes to the current list

Who stays, most often is not a talent deficiency .....but a will to work hard, and a want to be good, as an individual

Rozee was criticised early this year for "coasting" by teammates .....likewise Gary Ablett Jnr .....sometimes it just clicks with a player, the need to work on his craft harder ....the change can be dramatic

Who fits into that category at the Crows ....who really knows ....but my wishlist:
1. Cook
2. Pedlar
3. Milera
4. McAsey
5. Newchurch

Given we need to make 3 list deletions each year ....over the next 3 years, we'll see 10-12 changes to the current list

Who stays, most often is not a talent deficiency .....but a will to work hard, and a want to be good, as an individual

Rozee was criticised early this year for "coasting" by teammates .....likewise Gary Ablett Jnr .....sometimes it just clicks with a player, the need to work on his craft harder ....the change can be dramatic

Who fits into that category at the Crows ....who really knows ....but my wishlist:
1. Cook
2. Pedlar
3. Milera
4. McAsey
5. Newchurch
I reckon Newchurch is an almost certain delist given the way they passed up the opportunity to debut him when he was in good SANFL form and mumbled about consistency as the reason he wasn't picked. Then brought in useless and inconsistent Murphy instead.
Newchurch has had his papers stamped IMO, will be delisted this year.

Milera is sitting on a nice contract and shows little effort to exert himself on field, coasting or not up to it, a star that never was.

McAsey is a mystery, good enough to get games in his first year, lucky to be playing SANFL by his third. What gives here?

Picks 11 & 25 you would hope would be playing regularly by their second year if you were a bottom three team. Maybe ready to explode in their third year, we wish. Errol Gulden pick 32 and probably not matched in the first or early second

1. Cook
2. Pedlar
3. Milera
4. McAsey
5. Newchurch
Was he? His form has improved as he moved to the midfield, when was this coasting comment and from who?

Was he? His form has improved as he moved to the midfield, when was this coasting comment and from who?
Was an interview with Rozee feedback himself .....not happy receiving the blunt assessment, but now thankful

This is one of the pieces on the subject

Inside tough feedback that sparked Rozee revelation

– Matt Turner

While Port Adelaide was searching for answers on how to turn around its horror start to the season, the team’s leadership group and coaches challenged Connor Rozee.

They urged him to play tougher, stay in contests longer, improve his efforts without the ball and become more of a leader.

Rozee’s form had been down, much like the team’s.

The Power knew if he could address those areas of his game, it would benefit both him and the side.

Fast-forward to round 17, Rozee is playing the best football of his career.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

What do we want in this rebuilding (third) year?

Back