What do you call the Bulldogs?

By which name do you refer to the Bulldogs?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

TheHoneyBadger

"I lost my phone"
10k Posts Western Bulldogs - Cordy, Honeychurch, Prudden, Dale Player Sponsor 2015
Sep 17, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Footscray
It's a topic that interests me greatly, as I'm firmly on the Footscray side of the debate, and have had more than my fair share of arguments on the matter.

Do you call us Footscray, or do you call us the Western Bulldogs?

We're getting to the point where some 'adults' have grown up knowing nothing other than 'Western', so I think it's an interesting time to put it out there.

For what it's worth, a few Footscray and neutral supporters have started to push the agenda in recent weeks, and there's been some debate on the WB board on the matter.

i/m older than most ................. but have meet nick columb and he was in favour

well i'm not ................ all other 10 vic clubs have kept their original names !!

I usually just call them Bulldogs. They were never Footscray while I followed football. Though it would be cool if they changed back to Footscray.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I usually just call them "the Bulldogs" or "the Dogs", but if I'm naming a bunch of teams by their club names, I'll opt for "Footscray" over "Western Bulldogs". "Western" by itself just sounds stupid.

It is Footscray Football Club. That is why they have FFC on the back of their jumpers.

How can they be the Western Bulldogs when they are in the East? To truely be the Western Bulldogs they would have to move to Western Australia.

Remove this Banner Ad

What do you call the Bulldogs?

Back