What happened to......??

Remove this Banner Ad

I never watched Saved By the Bell, but...
The Dark Side of Comedy the other night was about 'Screech'/Dustin Diamond. It's an understatement to say that he had his ups and downs later in life, then he died of cancer last year at 44.

It had Elizabeth Berkley in it who went on to start in show girls ...

There's threads on Big Footy for Celebrity Lookalikes (like Jamie Presley and Margot Robbie) and for AFL players who look like famous people (such as Brett Heady and King Charles III), but this is hardly a new phenomena.

Back in the early 1980s two young Australian actors commenced their careers who looked like brothers separated at birth - Peter Mochrie from Sydney and Dean Nottle from Melbourne. Both tall and slim with dark hair, swarthy complexions and handsome, somewhat brooding features the two actors had close to identical speaking voices too.

Peter Mochrie and Dean Nottle appeared in many TV shows of different genres - soap operas, medical dramas, historical dramas, police/crime/legal dramas, sci-fi & fantasy shows, kids shows and sitcoms - plus Australian movies playing a wide variety of characters. Thanks to major roles in police shows Water Rats and Murder Call in the mid-late 1990s Peter Mochrie would achieve greater fame than his lookalike, however in another interesting coincidence both he and Dean Nottle would be in TV shows in which they played characters who seemed like really nice guys but turned out to be the hidden villains towards the end.

Now aged in his mid 60s Peter Mochrie has had only limited acting roles in recent years but keeps very busy behind the scenes as a producer, presenter, public speaking coach, teaching acting and as a real estate auctioneer in Sydney. But as for lookalike Dean Nottle, he has had no credited roles after 'All Saints' in 2001 and nothing at all to say what became of him 23 years later or whether he is still alive today. I couldn't even find an online image of him for comparison to Peter Mochrie. I wonder what became of forgotten Australian actor Dean Nottle?

There's threads on Big Footy for Celebrity Lookalikes (like Jamie Presley and Margot Robbie) and for AFL players who look like famous people (such as Brett Heady and King Charles III), but this is hardly a new phenomena.

Back in the early 1980s two young Australian actors commenced their careers who looked like brothers separated at birth - Peter Mochrie from Sydney and Dean Nottle from Melbourne. Both tall and slim with dark hair, swarthy complexions and handsome, somewhat brooding features the two actors had close to identical speaking voices too.

Peter Mochrie and Dean Nottle appeared in many TV shows of different genres - soap operas, medical dramas, historical dramas, police/crime/legal dramas, sci-fi & fantasy shows, kids shows and sitcoms - plus Australian movies playing a wide variety of characters. Thanks to major roles in police shows Water Rats and Murder Call in the mid-late 1990s Peter Mochrie would achieve greater fame than his lookalike, however in another interesting coincidence both he and Dean Nottle would be in TV shows in which they played characters who seemed like really nice guys but turned out to be the hidden villains towards the end.

Now aged in his mid 60s Peter Mochrie has had only limited acting roles in recent years but keeps very busy behind the scenes as a producer, presenter, public speaking coach, teaching acting and as a real estate auctioneer in Sydney. But as for lookalike Dean Nottle, he has had no credited roles after 'All Saints' in 2001 and nothing at all to say what became of him 23 years later or whether he is still alive today. I couldn't even find an online image of him for comparison to Peter Mochrie. I wonder what became of forgotten Australian actor Dean Nottle?
I remember Peter Mochrie in the very early 80s as Channel 10 were repeating THE RESTLESS YEARS mid-morning during school holidays. He also appeared in a Palmolive Gold TV ad around that time (where he hops into bed and his partner tells him he needs a shower. He does so using said soap and she is up for fun afterwards).

A few years later - and this does not appear on his IMDb credits - he was in a PSA thing that aired on SBS or ABC in which he was a sporty young man, with a girlfriend, who happened to enjoy sex with his mate at the soccer club. After one fling he becomes worried about AIDS and visits a clinic and they discuss the dangers of such sex with him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

What happened to......??

Remove this Banner Ad

Back