What I am looking for in 2006

Remove this Banner Ad

WhyWilliams

Debutant
Aug 18, 2005
Other Teams
Collingwood
This thread is not the business of Da Shag on Fire, Wttf, Koutou 43, Flowerpower (aka Gunnars longshanks)

Looking at our list as it is this is my view into 2006

Buckley Stay fit give us 20 games and 60 goals
Burns Much the same as he has given us always hard at it , just another year from Burnsy and hopefully we can repay him and Bucks for their commitment. But probably he will be off the bench in the guts and up forward.
Caracella Probably off the bench and up forward only. He can kick goals from 40 but he did not win me in 2005
Clement Want to see him move up the ground more in 2006 someone else needs to be defensive down back. Want him to remain our quarter back.
C 2 Off the bench ruck forward and maybe even a stint as a tall defender. I am a fan of C2 as he loves a bit of body on body and we are short on that type.
T Clo Stand him beside Anthony , Josh, Tazza and Bucks let him learn and not let him get beaten up like last year. Refer C2 to assist here
J Cloke Back into the back pocket help release Clemo.
Leon Davis Learn to run long distances at pace. Not in my starting 22 but clearly has great skills when he wants to get the ball. I reckon make or break for Leon in 2006
Didak Time to get those bandy legs right and play pivot with a couple of goals every other game. No sniping just get the footy and deliver it to Bucks and co lace out.
Egan Sit on the wing switch through the middle play every game and use that skill learn how to play 100 minutes per game.
Josh Just play every game swapping with Richards in the ruck resting in the goal square and at CHF kick 35 goals
Hall Showed nothing in his limited time last year if he was running next tuesday you would hate to get him in the sweep. Not sure what he is there for.
Holland Until 2005 I thought he was a forward with limited tagging ability but was our big success story in 2005. Hope he can keep improving will be first rover if we have such things in the 21st century.
Yakka Needs to keep learning and picking the pace. Had a taste but needs to keep improving you never know he might be the new Licka but lets talk in four years time if he is still there.
Ben Johnson Ruck Rove use pace and that wonky left foot. Has to step up for us to do anything cannot go back to the back pocket he has played there enough.
Licka Stay fit fix up that calf he has carried for three years and again be the yard stick but he might have to play forward if Anthony, T Clo, Tazza, Josh etc play forward. Iwas not a fan until 2002 but now reckon he is our measure of success.
Tarkyn Move through the ground reckon he might find it hard to get into the 18 but can fill a number of small position like to see him around goals.
Lonie Break the flood run 20 kick 55 but will struggle into our best22
Maxwell Again reckon he is great has not played 30 games would not mind him playing a bit more attacking off half back with a run up forward but must play all games and keep learning.
The Chad Needs to be an enforcer and direct traffic but gee he was slow last year. He can play but not in our best 22
Cheesey I regarded him like Holland but Holland stepped up. Interchange at best.
Presti Fantastic we know what he can and cannot do just hope we do not confuse him by trying to get him to do other stuff.
Richards I would like him with football boots on and playing in the ruck 20 games. The games in 2004 were good but too few he needs some roids to get a bit harder and bigger.
Anthony Fullforward not too much running just break up big packs. He is never going to be able to ruck and do everything like he did in 2002 but would be awesome next to Bucks out of the square.
Heath I am not a fan but he has at least another year. Keep learning and be a work horse. In and under but should spend plenty of time at Willi.
Rhyce Hope he can come back at the 2005 level and improve and continue to make people eat their words
Swannie See Heath Shaw. But he is hard at it and can kick a goal
Tazza With the other talls back a fixed knee back to 150 marks a season as our transition player into the forward line. Unstoppable on the lead.
Wakes this year might be it but he has been great since moving to us.
Rowe He looks like a class winger who can kick goals but needs more time
Rusling Cannot wait to see what he is like after 50 games but that is two years away. Must play and lets watch (and be a little excited)
Walker Might have to try and do what Wakes and Presti have done. I think he can play but he needs to stay fit.
Davies Keep trying you just never know
Fanning Hopefully keeps learning did a great job for absoulutley no experience in 2005. Full list should struggle to get a game but worth keeping
Harry Just keep at itKeep learning Could be anything

Who knows with a reasonable run with injuries and a couple of kids and no trumped up tribunal charges there is something to look forward to.

im looking forward to seeing all these new faces improve as the rounds go by, i wanna see a future brownlow medalist coming out of the collingwood rooms

well done willo , just to throw my two bobs worth in, i really think that kid rusling will be some thing special as bruce would say!

DSCF6156.sized.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

What I am looking for in 2006

Remove this Banner Ad

Back