What is Perth's shittest suburb?

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know a fair bit of South-of-the-river suburbs (from living, footy, etc.), I'll have to go with:

Maddington (except the new estate)

Gosnells

Westfield (at Grovelands half the kids don't have shoes but their mums have a pack of winnie reds every day)

Queens Park (my dad lived around there, trying to fix it up but the shades of Maniana remain (for those of you who dont know about 30 years ago they tried to make a new estate called Maniana. It was a shithole. They're trying to rebuild it as "Quatro" now. Good luck ********s)

Armadale (theyre trying to fix it up though)

Gosnells (lived around there a lot, some parts arent that bad but there are some really awful places)

Thornlie (I live here, there are some nice parts but go down Spencer Road. The Chicken Treat gets held up every few days. The area closest to Spencer Road is a dump.)

Here are a few suburbs that aren't that nice but are often considered shitholes

Huntingdale (very dodgy in parts but for the most quite a pleasant place to live. Saw a prossie on Mildenhall Street last week :p)

Kenwick (again, awful in places but not THAT bad)

Lynwood/Ferndale (used to live there, its actually quite nice despite what you might hear)

That's the general area around me and I won't list suburbs I know nothing about, I live in and around each of these.

MG

EDIT: Can't say anything for north of the river. Theres a big area (Subiaco/East Perth footy district area) that I have NEVER been to...

I know a fair bit of South-of-the-river suburbs (from living, footy, etc.), I'll have to go with:

Maddington (except the new estate)

Gosnells

Westfield (at Grovelands half the kids don't have shoes but their mums have a pack of winnie reds every day)

Queens Park (my dad lived around there, trying to fix it up but the shades of Maniana remain (for those of you who dont know about 30 years ago they tried to make a new estate called Maniana. It was a shithole. They're trying to rebuild it as "Quatro" now. Good luck ********s)

Armadale (theyre trying to fix it up though)

Gosnells (lived around there a lot, some parts arent that bad but there are some really awful places)

Thornlie (I live here, there are some nice parts but go down Spencer Road. The Chicken Treat gets held up every few days. The area closest to Spencer Road is a dump.)

Here are a few suburbs that aren't that nice but are often considered shitholes

Huntingdale (very dodgy in parts but for the most quite a pleasant place to live. Saw a prossie on Mildenhall Street last week :p)

Kenwick (again, awful in places but not THAT bad)

Lynwood/Ferndale (used to live there, its actually quite nice despite what you might hear)

That's the general area around me and I won't list suburbs I know nothing about, I live in and around each of these.

MG

EDIT: Can't say anything for north of the river. Theres a big area (Subiaco/East Perth footy district area) that I have NEVER been to...

C'mon you mentioned Gosnells twice!

Have any of you guys been to West Armadale? its so dodgy. My friends and I often travel there late at night to see the dodgyness and it doesn't take us long to see it.

Karrawara - Never seen so many shopping trolleys in one suburb

Not even close.

Karawara isn't pretty in parts, but its a suburb that had lots of state housing in the past. The rubbish 'Village Green' shops have been renovated and there have been plenty of new houses built in the last few years.

Apart from the uni, it borders Waterford, Como, Manning and Kensington. All above-average 'burbs. I can definitely think of worse places to live in Perth. Mind you, if you don't like Asians, you won't like Karawara.

I see all of your dodgy Perth suburbs and raise you.....South Hedland.

No point arguing.....I win:thumbsu::)

Gotta love suburbs which attempt to dress up their names to mask what they really are.

Orelia, Calista, Medina - it's bloody Kwinana.

Seville Grove - it's still Armadale, and rising house prices doesn't make it any less s**t.

Sinagra, Tapping - it's Wanneroo. Miles North of the river and not near the coast - awful.

The part of Armadale beyond the train station near the rec centre is quite possibly the worst pocket of Perth.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back