What is your resting heart rate?

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 17, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
I just checked, mine is 65 beats per minute (bpm).

For a male, a healthy resting heart rate is apparently between 60-75 for a man and between 60-80 for a woman.

Any higher indicates a health risk, whereas very fit athletes resting heart rate can be as low as between 30-40 bpm. Lance Armstrong's resting heart rate is 32.

I'm kind of happy because I am a recently reformed smoker so I expected higher but also very active, do at least an hour worth of exercise 3-4 times a week for the past 3 months.

Might make a new goal to get my resting heart rate to 50, then I am better than normal haha also a goal to drop another 5% body fat and get to 15% or lower for that.

What's your routine and resting heart rate?

BTW I am a 27 year old male.

Depends on a few things but mine is usually between 40 and 46.
Have had it as low as 38 when training much heavier.
First thing in morning is best time to measure BTW.

mines around 70 now. not in the best shape i've ever been after nearly 2 years of travel.

usually around 55-60.

the only exercise i'm getting at the moment is lugging bags of clothes around... if not for that it'd probably be up around 80 :D

Not entirely sure, but coincidentally I had an ecg today and my doctor's sending me to the path to do more tests - because it's too low. :p Something screwy with the Q wave too ...

I'd assume based on that it'd be under 60.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

had a heart rate and blood pressure check last night at the doctors. heart rate 66 to 68, bp was 130 over 70.

not too bad.

did a fitness test on my polar rs2000 hrm on the 6/7/08, 50bpm.
38 year old male, 85kg's. exercise 5 times a week for an hour at a time.
happy with that.

That's very good for you age, how tall are you? Must be over 6 foot...

ease up there, i'm not on the pension yet:rolleyes:
i'm 6'2". doing a boot camp at the moment, 3rd one this year, and just completed 3k time trial in 12:23sec. would love to get it under 11min.
the only thing that increases with age is soft tissue injuries. i have to warm up a lot longer before exercise now otherwise first set of step runs or sprints and my calves will strain. quads need plenty of warm up too.

ease up there, i'm not on the pension yet:rolleyes:
i'm 6'2". doing a boot camp at the moment, 3rd one this year, and just completed 3k time trial in 12:23sec. would love to get it under 11min.
the only thing that increases with age is soft tissue injuries. i have to warm up a lot longer before exercise now otherwise first set of step runs or sprints and my calves will strain. quads need plenty of warm up too.

Nah didn't mean offence but 50 is real good, wish I was there!

I don't enjoy running that much though... wish I did! Probably best thing for your heart along with skipping, swimming... I'm hindered by a tender right knee so I try to do as much as I can without putting myself in too much discomfort...

Nah didn't mean offence but 50 is real good, wish I was there!

I don't enjoy running that much though... wish I did! Probably best thing for your heart along with skipping, swimming... I'm hindered by a tender right knee so I try to do as much as I can without putting myself in too much discomfort...

tour de france legend miguel indurain had a resting heartrate of 22bpm, he was 6'5".

34 y.o runner (nothing quick, just competes in track in summer and road/cross country in winter), resting HR 40. Working my way back to a desireable level of fitness after an April marathon.

I did this test a couple of months ago studying the cardiovascular system. I was surprised I had the lowest in the class, but it was only 62. Everyone else was around 65-80.

I didn't know of Lance Armstrong having a resting heart rate of 32. Our Teacher had written down that some other guy who competed in the Tour de France had an amazing resting hear trate of 27. Can't remember his name, unfortunately.

I did this test a couple of months ago studying the cardiovascular system. I was surprised I had the lowest in the class, but it was only 62. Everyone else was around 65-80.

I didn't know of Lance Armstrong having a resting heart rate of 32. Our Teacher had written down that some other guy who competed in the Tour de France had an amazing resting hear trate of 27. Can't remember his name, unfortunately.

You're thinking of Miguel Indurain, Xbox, as mentioned by sirloithe (22-27, either way you'd count to three and you'd hear a ba-boomp of his heart just b4 three)

He had a huge heart (literally, not in the sporting cliche sense) and, for a tall bloke, was also a beast in the mountains as well as the time trials.

Remove this Banner Ad

What is your resting heart rate?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back