What kind of fan are you?

Remove this Banner Ad

The last few years have had an impact. Permanently? Dunno.

It's evened everything out. It's made me realise it's just a game and to get too caught up in it isn't worth it. I used to be furious for days if we'd lost and annoyingly over the top of we'd won. Now it's just a game I go to watch weekly. Don't get me wrong, still love the club and hope we do well. Still hope to see players come on, love watching players develop. I just think now I'm much less reactionary and more content to let things slide.

Football should be fun. And the fact is that the last few years whenever I've thought about Essendon inevitably my thoughts have quickly turned to ASADA and will our players be suspended and what the hell was happening at our club and so forth. It shouldn't be like that. That was a big part of me getting a Melbourne membership too. Been thoroughly enjoyable to just be able to go to the footy and support a side with no real pressure or expectations and nothing else to worry about except what happens on the weekend.

I'm positive I'll get back there with Essendon too. But to say "it's changed absolutely nothing at all the ASADA thing I'm still exactly the same with the club" would be a lie.

Remove this Banner Ad

What kind of fan are you?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back