• None all ********

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Gimme all of them!!!!

Votes: 2 3.1%
  • None ill stick to handhelds/computer

Votes: 6 9.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

PS3 will be my priority, then down the track when they are cheaper 360 and Revolution.

1st console purchase before them though is a PSP.

Does anyone know what the price of the PS3 will be when it comes out?
I saw the Xbox360 advertised for $680 or something similar (cant remember exact figures) and i saw an ad at EB for $499 when you trade in your PS2 or Xbox and 7 games (no exclusions) meaning you SHOULD be able to trade peiece of ******** games you haven't played since 2002 but knowing how much of ripoff that shop is they probably wont.
Personally I'd rather keep my PS2 and the 7 games and pay $180 more. I would prefer a PS3 anyway and the prices will drop hundreds of dollars in 6 months so waiting would be the best option.

Locky said:
Does anyone know what the price of the PS3 will be when it comes out?

No. Nobody knows, except Sony, and they probably don't know either.

Xbox360 will be $650 for the Premium and $500 for the Core, RRP.
Don't buy the core, it's a piece of ********.

Hoops_is_better said:
The latest specualation is $399 to $499 for the PS3 in the US so like around 530-660 here... but it has been rumoured to be as high as 799 and as low as 299 US dollars

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/680/680835p1.html

Doesn't matter what the price for me i will be down at EB midnight of its release hopefully getting Killzone and NBA 2k6 or 2k7

If it's $500 in the US then it'll be closer to $900 in Australia. That's after import fees, and the "let's screw Australia over" crap. :mad:

Hoops_is_better said:
The latest specualation is $399 to $499 for the PS3 in the US so like around 530-660 here... but it has been rumoured to be as high as 799 and as low as 299 US dollars

So between $299 and $799 in the US.

See, I thought "Nobody knows" was more helpful.

I don't blame anyone for consoles being so expensive. State of the art hardware doesn't come cheap. But $120 for an XBOX 360 game? :eek: WTF?! It's just a bloody DVD!

Binxy said:
Will the PS3 launch with Final Fantasy XII?

Final Fantasy PS3
Publisher: Square Enix
Developer: Square Enix
Genre: RPG
Release Date: TBA

What We Know: Much to the dismay of the 2000-plus people in attendance at Sony's E3 2005 press conference, the next Final Fantasy game won't be a remake based on the FF7 Tech Demo used to show off Square's programming chops, but rather an all-new title designed specifically for the PlayStation 3. Confirmed to be in development by Square Enix President Yoichi Wada, the first next-gen FF will likely be Final Fantasy XIII. But until any official details about the story, release date, and mechanics come to light, no other information other the game's eventual existence is currently unknown.

Clickity.

FF XII is a PS2 title, IIRC.

watched a video of fiught night 3 today for ps3, and holy jesus, i'm getting me one of them.
curretnyl own both xbox and a ps2. both have pro's and cons, but i'm more willing to wait for the ps3 than get a 360 after seeing some of the 360 games, they really didn't impress me that much.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Funkalicous said:
I don't blame anyone for consoles being so expensive. State of the art hardware doesn't come cheap. But $120 for an XBOX 360 game? :eek: WTF?! It's just a bloody DVD!

If you're interested in learning about the costs of game development, check it out: http://www.raphkoster.com/gaming/moore.shtml

watched a video of fiught night 3 today for ps3

Keep in mind that no video or screenshots of anything for ps3 are anywhere near accurate. They represent guesses about target hardware with perfect optimisation, and you won't see games that look as good as any PS3 video for at least three years.

I haven't seen the Fight Night 3 videos for PS3, because of the above, but here's some videos of the same game for X360: http://media.xbox.gamespy.com/media/766/766603/vids_1.html

cosby said:
watched a video of fiught night 3 today for ps3, and holy jesus, i'm getting me one of them.
curretnyl own both xbox and a ps2. both have pro's and cons, but i'm more willing to wait for the ps3 than get a 360 after seeing some of the 360 games, they really didn't impress me that much.

So let me get this straight...you're not impressed by the X360 games, and are planning on buying a PS3 based on Fight Night Rnd 3 footage....when FNR3 is *also* being released on X360 (in about 6 weeks, IIRC)??

nonchalance said:
If you're interested in learning about the costs of game development, check it out: http://www.raphkoster.com/gaming/moore.shtml

I understand that games are becoming increasingly expensive to produce, but I also understand that the game industry is expanding. So I won't buy that excuse.

I already have Perfect Dark Zero in the VIP pack, and I'll probably buy TES4:Oblivion when it's released for $110. But from then on I won't buy any game for more than $75. And if prices don't drop fast enough, I'll have to join the 'modding' club.

nonchalance said:
Keep in mind that no video or screenshots of anything for ps3 are anywhere near accurate. They represent guesses about target hardware with perfect optimisation, and you won't see games that look as good as any PS3 video for at least three years.

I haven't seen the Fight Night 3 videos for PS3, because of the above, but here's some videos of the same game for X360: http://media.xbox.gamespy.com/media/766/766603/vids_1.html

Dude, you beat me to it. :D Whats say you and i just start blogging our gaming/culture/technology diatribes in the hope that publishers start sending us games for free? You know, kinda like IGN before it sold out or Penny Arcade before it was good....and without the comics..... ;)

Funkalicous said:
I understand that games are becoming increasingly expensive to produce, but I also understand that the game industry is expanding. So I won't buy that excuse.

Costs are rising faster than revenues.

That said, I'm not buying $120 games either. I generally wait until they're budget games, hunt around until I find them cheap, or rent and return.

MonkeyButterer said:
Dude, you beat me to it. :D Whats say you and i just start blogging our gaming/culture/technology diatribes in the hope that publishers start sending us games for free? You know, kinda like IGN before it sold out or Penny Arcade before it was good....and without the comics..... ;)

Brilliant plan.
We should whore ourselves to Alienware too, and get hardware to play our free games on.

nonchalance said:
Costs are rising faster than revenues.

That said, I'm not buying $120 games either. I generally wait until they're budget games, hunt around until I find them cheap, or rent and return.

You know what's really annoying? In the US, normal retail prices for 3rd party games have increased from $50 to $60, yet in Australia it's gone from $100 to $120. Why are we getting taxed more than America? It's not like import prices have increased this generation. It's bloody extortion! I wanna know where this money is going!

Funkalicous said:
You know what's really annoying? In the US, normal retail prices for 3rd party games have increased from $50 to $60, yet in Australia it's gone from $100 to $120. Why are we getting taxed more than America? It's not like import prices have increased this generation. It's bloody extortion! I wanna know where this money is going!

Into the pockets of the distributors, publishers and manufacturers.

Ever wondered why GameCube games are significantly cheaper than PS2 or Xbox games over here?
It's not because they're cheaper to produce, and it's not because they're cheaper anywhere else.
It's because Nintendo charges the same over here as they do everywhere else - and they don't pricegouge Australia on their first-party titles, while Sony or Microsoft do.
Of course, the trade-off is that Nintendo in Australia has no advertising budget, poor support, few games,etc etc.

There's now strong rumours that the XBOX 360 will be delayed to March 23rd. There are also some contradicting rumours that the release date will be moved forward to the 23rd of February.

We won't know for sure until their announcement next week, but one thing's for sure, you can forget about March 2nd being the release date.

Funkalicous said:
There's now strong rumours that the XBOX 360 will be delayed to March 23rd. There are also some contradicting rumours that the release date will be moved forward to the 23rd of February.

We won't know for sure until their announcement next week, but one thing's for sure, you can forget about March 2nd being the release date.

As much as i like the second romour better, release dates are *never* brought forward. Would love to be proved wrong, tho.

Where you getting your gossip?? You're a badge-wearing 360 VIP pack buying nerdlinger too, right??

MonkeyButterer said:
As much as i like the second romour better, release dates are *never* brought forward. Would love to be proved wrong, tho.

Where you getting your gossip?? You're a badge-wearing 360 VIP pack buying nerdlinger too, right??

This rumour's basically doing the rounds now, but it was first created on the Derwent Howard forums by the cheif editor of the Official Aussie XBOX Magazine. He claims to have seen confidential information leaked from Microsoft retailers, stating that the 360 will be delayed 3 weeks. That thread was quickly destroyed, and since then a number of threads with 2nd information (like this one) have emerged.

Apparently the official announcement will be on Australia Day.

Remove this Banner Ad

What Next-Gen Console will you get?

Back