What people ignore

Remove this Banner Ad

I hope you are right but i am not as sure.

Apart from the guys in the team these past few weeks (so including Reid, Jones, Wood and Grant) to me only Cordy seems a certainty of the pups to play long term senior footy if all the hype is true. We have high hopes for Howard and possibly Tutt but the rest seem to me to be pure speculation and not showing sustained excellent performances at Willy. I don't think our depth is as good as some are saying but happy to be shown up as a poor judge.

Thats exactly what it is, hype. He needs to get through a season at senior level before we can even judge what he will be like.

All good points Temple. Faulks is definitely the guy we need. He's a special if we can get him, but I seriously doubt he'll be on the board when we draft in the 3rd or 4th round.

Boumann is not ever going to be able to play a key position at AFL level. He's got one of those bodies that cant sustain weight gain, and he's not a physical player at the best of times. Its just not him.

Given we have Grant, Cordy/Roughie and Panos in the vicinity, I can see Jones being moved back at some point if absolutely necessary. Although lets not get crazy here....Lake and Morris will be around for another 4 years at least IMO. Then we have Tommy with 50 games under his belt now, so things arent exactly dire.

I'm a bit bored so I decided to have a crack at what our side would look like if all 25+ players left (the numbers in brackets is games played):

FF: Stack (11) - Grant (16) - Hill (54)

HF: Higgins (68) - Jones (3) - Everitt (35)

C: Griffen (116) - Ward (33) - Reid (6)

HB: Wood (11) - Williams (51) - Picken (38)

FB: Addison (51) - Tiller (21) - Harbrow (65)

Ruck: Roughead (7) - Cooney (154) - Moles (11)

Inter: Cordy (0) - Rose (0) - Markovic (0) - Hooper (0)

This leaves Mulligan, Boumann, Prato, Thorne, Daniels, Panos, Howard and Tutt.

Anyone else think this 22 can change? Personally, I think it looks like a very reasonable side.

EDIT - Thought I'd add the players that just miss out: Minson (25yr 4mth), Callan (26yr 7mth), Cross (27yr 4mth), Morris (27yr 7mth) and Boyd (27yr 11mth).

Nice effort Jack. The guys in bold I cant see going the journey:

FF: Stack (11) - Grant (16) - Hill (54)

HF: Higgins (68) - Jones (3) - Everitt (35)

C: Griffen (116) - Ward (33) - Reid (6)

HB: Wood (11) - Williams (51) - Picken (38)

FB: Addison (51) - Tiller (21) - Harbrow (65)

Ruck: Roughead (7) - Cooney (154) - Moles (11)

Inter: Cordy (0) - Rose (0) - Markovic (0) - Hooper (0)

I really really like the look of Howard, so am confident he can fill a role off half back. Throw Libba and Wallis in and there arent too many holes. We definitely need some more leg speed thuogh.

We need to draft some tall defenders IMO.

Couldn't agree more. Lake 28, Moris 27, Hargrave 29 are all getting on. Other than that we have Williams 24 and Markovic 23. A KPD won't be ready for 4-5 years from when they are drafted and in 4-5 years the first 3 I mentioned will probably be gone.

People dont recognise our youth coming through because everyone assumes that top sides are all old. Realistically of our 5 30+ players we are only going to miss 2 of them (Hudson and Hall) on current form. Add Wallis and Libba and I think we will be right.

We desperately need Higgins, Reid and Ward to get healthy. Our midfield guys are overwhelmed at the moment (you need more than 4 midfielders) and they will all be over 30 in 3 years.

Cooney and Griffen will be over 30 in 3 years? I think not

Remove this Banner Ad

What people ignore

Remove this Banner Ad

Back