Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
what punishment would you inflict on the playing group if you were in charge

i would start by making them donate all of there match payments to charity
and i would then make all of them donate there jumper to a charity, give it to someone who would value it

the players wont touch a footy at training for the week , they will be made to run and run and run and run

thats just to get the ball rolling...

I'd just drop their asses. It's not a matter of skill, it's commitment and effort and until they show that at Casey or at training they can gtfo.

Seeing as how they couldn't hit a stationary target when they did have the ball, I'd say not touching a footy isn't a wise thing.

If anything they should be kicking until they can't feel their legs underneath them.

id argue that should be the pre season focus along with the game plan, we have to be one of the worst kicking sides in the comp

i think the footskills were irrelevant in that game, it was the want and desire that was completely missing

im thankful that we get to face carlton next week and not adelaide or freo at the G so the players can 'respond' in an easy game

The (un)fortunate situation is that we have field a side against Carlton next week. It is going to be the game that defines our club. I dont give a shit if a dozen players are reported, but if they play that piss weak brand of footy again, I am done with football for good. Rip their bloody heads off next week. I want pure aggression. Show the supporters that you give a shit. This bloody club has been around longer than anyone else, show that it means something to you.

The (un)fortunate situation is that we have field a side against Carlton next week. It is going to be the game that defines our club. I dont give a shit if a dozen players are reported, but if they play that piss weak brand of footy again, I am done with football for good. Rip their bloody heads off next week. I want pure aggression. Show the supporters that you give a shit. This bloody club has been around longer than anyone else, show that it means something to you.

So much this.

Tell them all that it's the game that will define the rest of their career.

+1:thumbsu:

+2

Further to this, if the running rumour of a 'player protest' is true, any ringleaders should find their arses in the Casey reserves with a view to being traded or delisted.

Would be interesting to know how many Richmond players that played in the big 160 plus loss to Geelong in 2007 are still on Richmond's list.
I think quite a few of our 22 from yesterday will be gone from club in next three years. Considering how young yesterdays team this will be the punishment I inflict.
These players are pro footballers. Most not good enough to ever be in best 22 of a top 4 side.
Effort was lacking yesterday. Pathetic.
After yesterday I cannot entertain the prospect that any of the 22 will ever be AFL premiership player (Jordy excepted, he gives his all and deserves respect each and every week).
So disappointed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think the archaic days when they would be thrashed to within an inch of their life is gone from today's football.

What I would do I have every player on the team attend a press conference to explain what they did wrong, what they plan to do to fix it & how they feel this humiliating loss has affected them & how they feel towards the supporters. Or make them answer the MFC phones for a few days to see how we all feel.

Something like that.

Players these days continue to be sheltered from the real scrutiny of their performance. Just don't watch the footy shows or read the papers & they can encapsulate themselves in a world blessed with ignorance. Don't worry the club will take it all for us & we'll try to make up for it next week.

I think the archaic days when they would be thrashed to within an inch of their life is gone from today's football.

What I would do I have every player on the team attend a press conference to explain what they did wrong, what they plan to do to fix it & how they feel this humiliating loss has affected them & how they feel towards the supporters. Or make them answer the MFC phones for a few days to see how we all feel.

Something like that.

Players these days continue to be sheltered from the real scrutiny of their performance. Just don't watch the footy shows or read the papers & they can encapsulate themselves in a world blessed with ignorance. Don't worry the club will take it all for us & we'll try to make up for it next week.

now that would be awesome, although have you guys ever rung melbourne? i was waiting for 45 mins to speak to memberships services because they were 'out to lunch'

The aftermath of their performance, IMO, is punishment enough. Their reputation as players is in tatters and it's up to them to pick up the pieces. Dropping a few players is the usual way to go but every single player at the club (even those who didn't play) are now seen to be soft, heartless and weak. They need to turn it around and prove them wrong, even if it takes a few years to do it, but everyone in football now sees them and the club as pathetic and the only way is up.

The aftermath of their performance, IMO, is punishment enough. Their reputation as players is in tatters and it's up to them to pick up the pieces. Dropping a few players is the usual way to go but every single player at the club (even those who didn't play) are now seen to be soft, heartless and weak. They need to turn it around and prove them wrong, even if it takes a few years to do it, but everyone in football now sees them and the club as pathetic and the only way is up.
Yes, yes, yes!

Unfortunately, it's us as supporters who'll cop it come tomorrow.

Get ready. Buckle up.

The Ludovico Technique.

Take every Melbourne-listed player (including those who played in the Scorpions curtain-raiser debacle). Strap them all to a chair each, put them in front of a large screen, force their eyeballs open and heads still, so they can't look away or close their eyes.
Make them watch every horrifying second of the match. Every horrifying Geelong goal. Every horrifying contest shirk. Every horrifying turnover.
We had to endure the entire match, so should they. Have one session per day up until the Carlton match. Eventually even the thought of turning the ball over, the thought of squibbing, the thought of letting your opponent getting the ball without us making them earn it will create a feeling of sickness in the pit of their stomachs.
Have playing in the background of said match, an infinte loop of Russell Robertson, Mark "Jacko" Jackson and Allen Jakovich (featuring a re-formed Trial by Video) all performing a rock rendition of "Grand Old Flag", accompanied by the match day trumpeter.
Viddy well little brothers, viddy well.

Jim Stynes should name and shame just about every player except perhaps McKenzie, Watts and Dunn. Thats the ultimate humiliation, the guy who is the ultimate inspiration telling publicly saying you've embarrassed him. Doesnt get any lower than that.

I think a weekly viewing of the debacle pre game until the season is finished should be a fine motivational tool.

Green should lose the captainesy, he has been poor all year.
Moloney, Green, and Sylvia should be playing at Casey next week.
I do not care who we bring in could they get less possesions than these three.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back