Social What takes the place of footy from October to February?

Remove this Banner Ad

Other than that been spending my uni break watching my Gilmore Girls and 24 DVD's (yeah I know, I have varied tastes) and having as many afternoon coffees as I want. Been watching our woeful cricket team (and even more woeful selectors), reading and hanging out with friends. Probably gonna go to the tennis next week, and then it will be almost pre season time so I better start watching the boys train!

Sorry PO- have to admit i had a giggle at that one. Gilmore Girls?? Are you dead set serious???? That show is not only got girls... its ****ing woeful. :D:p

Sorry PO- have to admit i had a giggle at that one. Gilmore Girls?? Are you dead set serious???? That show is not only got girls... its ****ing woeful. :D:p

I'm very serious.

Admittedly it can become a bit tedious when Lorelai never stops talking, but I love the quality of the dialogue anyway, and the show does have some heart underneath it.

And Emily and Richard are deadset snobs but very funny in their own way, and most importantly I can relate to Rory because I was a geek in HS too.

Dooes this mean we can't be friends anymore? :D

(I am happy to watch many 24 DVD's with you to assist in building a bridge :p)

Here's a link to a blog run by a mate of mine.
It's actually a spanish wine site really. But he puts a lot of recipes on there too etc.
He is the best spanish wine reviewer in oz.

But if you are ever heading over there and want a heads up on what to do / where to go he is your man.

This part of the site is about travel there etc.

http://www.tintoyblanco.com.au/category/travel/

Cool, thanks Dude. :thumbsu:

A League soccer. Starts this year in Oct and finishes next Feb. I never had much interest until started working with Heart, now I love it. Will never replace AFL, but doesn't need to given the complementary timing. There was a bit of overlap in 2010, but the A league has sensibly shortened the season. The local derbies might not get crowds > 35000 but the atmosphere is electric and noisier than most footy games.

Otherwise, having 5 dependents at home , ages ranging 22 to 17, makes life busy as. No off season there. My wife has her escape at Fernwood gym and at tennis, I need to do an hour of exercise every day, and like PO, BF is also part of stress management, except during footy season.

I know someone that goes to Fernwood and they crap on normal gyms shell.
And veedub is a doc so he's travelling ok

I know someone that goes to Fernwood and they crap on normal gyms shell.
And veedub is a doc so he's travelling ok
Hey, I'm not poverty stricken, but we're educating , feeding and housing 5 adult kids at our place, I work 6-7 days every week, and have 2 weeks off a year. None of these are likely to leave home for the next 5 years, and I'm nearly mid 50.

But the real point is, and Shell is probably correct, Fernwood is a costly hobby, BUT my daughter started a membership at $16pw and pulled the pin, we couldn't break the contract, so my wife took it over and has been able to stay on the same rate since. Fernwood rules.

I am a workaholic, but a lot of the work involves sport, so that's a winner.

Tennis. No other sport exists. :cool::p

And Veeds, not that its any of my business, but Fernwood is soooooo expensive. You wife could be going to a gym thats just as good for alot less. :thumbsu:
You may be right, see above. But it's around the corner from home, she goes b4 work, and only goes because she can stick to the original deal of $16pw. If she had to join today, she couldn't and wouldn't

Hey, I'm not poverty stricken, but we're educating , feeding and housing 5 adult kids at our place, I work 6-7 days every week, and have 2 weeks off a year. None of these are likely to leave home for the next 5 years, and I'm nearly mid 50.

5 kids. Are you nuts?
You're going to have to start kicking them out whilst your still young enough to do stuff when they are gone :D;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

5 kids. Are you nuts?
You're going to have to start kicking them out whilst your still young enough to do stuff when they are gone :D;)
they're old enough for us to go away for periods of time, though my son is doing VCE this year, so we need to hang around , but our time will come. 2 of those 5 are boyfriends of daughters who find our location convenient, etc.

You may be right, see above. But it's around the corner from home, she goes b4 work, and only goes because she can stick to the original deal of $16pw. If she had to join today, she couldn't and wouldn't

Do they still have free breakfasts for their members?? I remember being told that by the lady that was showing me around, i was like yeah big ****ing benefit to me since i work out at night thank you. Do you provide us with dinner then??? :rolleyes:

So yeah....... lol jesus 5 kids. Im scared of having just one. Sif giving birth is a natural thing, no ****ing way. :thumbsdown:

Do they still have free breakfasts for their members?? I remember being told that by the lady that was showing me around, i was like yeah big ****ing benefit to me since i work out at night thank you. Do you provide us with dinner then??? :rolleyes:

So yeah....... lol jesus 5 kids. Im scared of having just one. Sif giving birth is a natural thing, no ****ing way. :thumbsdown:
All I know is you can't give them back. Don't let that put you off. The joys far outweigh the stresses. I think.

Without opening the thread I had planned on mentioning the Victory Pack DVDs ha.

I am about to finish my uni course and am in the final month, so it will be a pretty hectic October for me. In November I head overseas for two months till mid january, and when I get back I will have to enter the real world and find a proper job. So I am set.

I follow Tottenham Hotspur in the EPL which keeps me occupied, but nothing can ever fill the void of not being able to watch this Football team for 5 months of the year!

A League again. Heart plays Victory 3 x this season. Really just spak-filler until COKE starts again in March. But an ok distraction.

Bit of Big Footy therapy. Can not believe that I have this daily fix on BF, more so Oct to March.

ever since I got espn I am currently auditioning for college and NFL teams to follow. I did jump on the Saints bandwagon before they won the superbowl but I'm not feeling it.

I'm leaning towards the Chargers.

College wise maybe Ohio State...

Suggestions most welcome.

As soon as I'm on holidays (Dec 13th), I'm outta here up to Surfers for 5 nights. Then xmas, then probably go to the folks holiday house near the beach after xmas, leading up to New Years, then week 2 or 3 of January book a hostel in Apollo Bay, stay there for a few nights, then come back and watch the tennis.

Its a hard life.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back