What video game series do you want to see make a comeback?

Remove this Banner Ad

I really don't like how there are constant remakes / remasters - but honestly after seeing how the Final Fantasy 7 remake revisioned Midgar I wouldn't be against SE going through some of the other Final Fantasy entries and to remake and extend them.

1, 4, 6 and 9 come to mind as ones that are a must.

I had an idea for a Jurassic Park game, a FPS where you crash land and have to build a base to survive and grow food. Leaving the base to find resources but at night the aggressive dinosaurs like Raptors hunt in packs. Meaning you have to make it back to base by nightfall to help survival. Aim is to retrieve items to make an radio to call for rescue and then survive until they arrive.
This sounds absolutely terrifying

I would love to again roam the zone as a stalker. I know that Metro is carrying the torch but Stalker was an immensely brave piece of game development.

I want a modern new Matrix game, 3rd person action. There was a MMO I never played but the movie came out before the tech was ready to make something decent. I recon you could have an awesome upgrade path, environments and settings. Could be a brand new story too.

They are currently making a 4th movie so wouldn't be ready in time for that but the setting/genre would sell gang busters.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I want a modern new Matrix game, 3rd person action. There was a MMO I never played but the movie came out before the tech was ready to make something decent. I recon you could have an awesome upgrade path, environments and settings. Could be a brand new story too.

They are currently making a 4th movie so wouldn't be ready in time for that but the setting/genre would sell gang busters.

There was a really good Matrix game on xbox in the early 2000s, and a great Buffy game. Shame neither were continued as both had a lot of fun elements to gameplay.

They need to remake:

- LOTR- Fellowship of the ring
- LOTR- The two towers
- LOTR- Return of the king
- LOTR- Conquest
- LOTR- War in the north

just bring em back, please!!!
Man I'd kill for a proper open world LoTR RPG that takes place in the whole Middle Earth

Sid Meier's Pirates
Populous: the Beginning

SNES era Square Enix storytelling. Secret of Mana was the shit, and while Trials of Mana in the 25th anniversary edition in the SNES version was great, the actual remaster was very, very ordinary. The voice actors were completely ****ing wrong, the dialogue was left in kitchy 90's poorly translated english and the plots - which were extremely cliche, but were still charming for it in a written format - were simultaneously too important and not drawing enough.

They were adventure games, first and foremost; going to fantastical places, kicking a weird boss' arse, saving the kingdom from an invasion, fighting against indoctrinated soldiers. They told a story, but the adventure was the centre of it. Now, it's RPG's and trying to put you into the soul of the character, overemphasizing character over story or adventure. You can deal with death and violence and grief without ruining the adventure inherent in foiling the bad guys.

And why they haven't updated Chrono trigger is entirely beyond me.

Wouldn't mind a sequel to Mischief Makers, either. Weird game, but massive amounts of fun.

I had an idea for a Jurassic Park game, a FPS where you crash land and have to build a base to survive and grow food. Leaving the base to find resources but at night the aggressive dinosaurs like Raptors hunt in packs. Meaning you have to make it back to base by nightfall to help survival. Aim is to retrieve items to make an radio to call for rescue and then survive until they arrive.

I love this. It's basically Dying Light x Subnautica, with dinosaurs. Brilliant.

Remove this Banner Ad

What video game series do you want to see make a comeback?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back