What was the best side of the 16 team era?

• Adelaide (1997-1998)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sydney (2005-2006)

• Hawthorn (2008)

• Western Bulldogs (2008-2010)

• St. Kilda (2009-2010)

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

geelong edge is that we beat two very dominant teams in grand finals where as Brisbane beat very ordinary sides in collingwood twice and then essendon who was good but on the decline already.
Lions played on their GF oppositions home ground plus went back to back to back.

Essendon side of that era was spoken of as one of the best sides of all time, lost 1 game in 2000 and were overwhelming favourites to go back to back in 2001.

Lions played on their GF oppositions home ground plus went back to back to back.

Essendon side of that era was spoken of as one of the best sides of all time, lost 1 game in 2000 and were overwhelming favourites to go back to back in 2001.
Very impressive and I can’t say a bad thing as outside of the geelong dynasty that Brisbane side is my most respected. Merely highlighting they had their own respective points of difference with what I mentioned being one of them.

Essendon was not the same in 2001 and had declined a bit from 2000. 1999-2000 was their years, with 1999 probably the one that got away and they blew. They should have won that Carlton prelim and were the best team all year.

Collingwood were average opponents, but as you say.. b2b2b was incredible!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back