What will happen with the two plastic franchises?

Remove this Banner Ad

and the SANFL have done such a good job running it yer? running it into the ground.

The sooner a few higher ups get the flick and an overhaul of administration is done the better.
hopefully this way they can get their financials in order and stop the huge losses of money!
Bringing the Crows and Port into the SANFL has brought around some crowds plus brought youngsters and oldies to the footy that want to watch and hopefully that brings interest back to it also. plus the cash benefits they will see

But your right Poor sanfl and what not :s

Well I would say quite the opposite. They owned the two AFL licences, agreed to sell them back on the provision that they became the landlords at the new oval agreement, which by the way, the AFL, Adelaide Crows and Port Power agreed to. Thats right the Adelaide Crows and Port Power agree to it, thats why they are playing there DH! Who are the dumbwits when it comes to negiotiating?

As far as running teh comp into the ground with a national league in place being the AFL, I would say out of the VFL, WAFL,SANFL, NEAFL. We would be the strongest league when taking into the consideration of population and economy. We are a fair bit smaller than all other states. So really are they terrible managers.

The only one mistake they have made as far as I can see is allowing AFL into their league!

This attitude is what has made people following your 'plastic franchise's' say **** it, let it all burn. We will tear the SANFL to pieces before ever letting you mob of backwater hicks win. Port and the Crows will pass the premiership around for the next 15 years. Not a single SANFL club will ever win it again. Personally I hope we start resting some real stars back in the Maggies, to **** your shit right up.

I love it, the more people that whinge and complain the more likely things will change. Public pressure on on our clubs from their supporters will force it to happen. As we both know who owns and runs the league. I wish my club had the balls of South and Centrals, but I am confident the more people get onboard the more likely it will change. So keep up the whinging and complaining I say!!!!!!!!!!

I love it, the more people that whinge and complain the more likely things will change. Public pressure on on our clubs from their supporters will force it to happen. As we both know who owns and runs the league. I wish my club had the balls of South and Centrals, but I am confident the more people get onboard the more likely it will change. So keep up the whinging and complaining I say!!!!!!!!!!

Your club cant have any balls as its balls are backed by a mere 3000 people!

The SANFL right now as it stands needs the income generated by the 2 clubs and are still struggling to get their heads above water.

You cant tell me your happy with the backwards old foggies running the SANFL? have a shake up and the SANFL would look better for it almost immediately

If it changes, the SANFL is dead. End of story, and we will all be better for it.

Hahahaha, you do realise its the SANFL and there for SANFL clubs who represent the SANFL. Port Power and Adelaide Crows want to play in a league that they do not have any say in how it runs as they are AFL clubs. You can see this is why they want to stay in relevant in their competition.

And the SANFL would be more than welcome to run their competition free from AFL influence, if they could survive without the AFL's money. It's a symbiotic relationship. The AFL benefits from a competition which develops talented young South Australians through junior ranks until they reach draft age. Port and the Crows benefit from having somewhere to play their reserves teams, which indirectly benefits the AFL by improving the quality of the competition. The SANFL stays afloat because of the money that comes to prop up their otherwise unsustainable competition from the AFL, the PAFC and the Crows.

It's been all one way for too long, and this year steps have finally been taken to address the balance. Stop having a cry because the SANFL is finally having to give something back after years upon years of doing nothing but taking.

And the SANFL would be more than welcome to run their competition free from AFL influence, if they could survive without the AFL's money. It's a symbiotic relationship. The AFL benefits from a competition which develops talented young South Australians through junior ranks until they reach draft age. Port and the Crows benefit from having somewhere to play their reserves teams, which indirectly benefits the AFL by improving the quality of the competition. The SANFL stays afloat because of the money that comes to prop up their otherwise unsustainable competition from the AFL, the PAFC and the Crows.

It's been all one way for too long, and this year steps have finally been taken to address the balance. Stop having a cry because the SANFL is finally having to give something back after years upon years of doing nothing but taking.

so much this!! well said!

If it changes, the SANFL is dead. End of story, and we will all be better for it.

Would dare say Port Power would fold well before the SANFL does. Their income stream will be sufficient to ensure them long term. Unlike your club, doing Dumb arse deals.

Would dare say Port Power would fold well before the SANFL does. Their income stream will be sufficient to ensure them long term. Unlike your club, doing Dumb arse deals.
Adelaide Oval makes us viable. Having our license stops you going into us without lube. We are fine, you wont be without AFL money. Deny it all you like, you're just proving that you're over the age of 55, needed your grandson to turn this computer thingy on for you, and don't actually read/watch/listen to the news. It was cute when you started this little crusade, now it's just sad.

You honestly think its the tail wagging the dog. The SANFL is the Dog and the two franchises are the tail. The AFL is far more interested in having a strong SANFL than the franchises in this state. Its more important to the growth of Australian Rules football as a brand, forget the clubs these leagues being AFL, VFL,SANFL,WAFL,NEAFL are the key. The brand is more important than the clubs and the administrators of these leagues are far more relevant than say Port Power, who are self interested unlike these leagues. Saying that Port Power should be self interested, they wont to win not develop umpires or admistrators to ensure the show can actually be put on.

Adelaide Oval makes us viable. Having our license stops you going into us without lube. We are fine, you wont be without AFL money. Deny it all you like, you're just proving that you're over the age of 55, needed your grandson to turn this computer thingy on for you, and don't actually read/watch/listen to the news. It was cute when you started this little crusade, now it's just sad.

So remind me how you were granted the right to actually purchase a licence as you never had one remeber, you only sub leased one. So dont say our licence, you have been given the opportunity to purchase one, but at what cost!

So remind me how you were granted the right to actually purchase a licence as you never had one remeber, you only sub leased one. So dont say our licence, you have been given the opportunity to purchase one, but at what cost!
Whatever the cost, it was well worth it. See you at the Bay in the few weeks, I'd lube up before we get there, could get ugly.

Whatever the cost, it was well worth it. See you at the Bay in the few weeks, I'd lube up before we get there, could get ugly.

Whatever the cost! All I hear is how you got screwed on teh OVAL deal, work it out, its what you agreed to, so that you got that licence. I didnt go to the Port Power game last time nor the Adelaide Crows out of my disgust towards my clubs vote and wont be going this time! But happy to go to the true SANFL comp!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You honestly think its the tail wagging the dog. The SANFL is the Dog and the two franchises are the tail. The AFL is far more interested in having a strong SANFL than the franchises in this state. Its more important to the growth of Australian Rules football as a brand, forget the clubs these leagues being AFL, VFL,SANFL,WAFL,NEAFL are the key. The brand is more important than the clubs and the administrators of these leagues are far more relevant than say Port Power, who are self interested unlike these leagues. Saying that Port Power should be self interested, they wont to win not develop umpires or admistrators to ensure the show can actually be put on.
How stupid are you? The AFL's sole interest in this state is PAFC and AFC. Their interest ends there. There's plenty of development, the SANFL does **** all for the SAAFL anyway. Your sense of self importance is hilarious.

Whatever the cost! All I hear is how you got screwed on teh OVAL deal, work it out, its what you agreed to, so that you got that licence. I didnt go to the Port Power game last time nor the Adelaide Crows out of my disgust towards my clubs vote and wont be going this time! But happy to go to the true SANFL comp!
Love it. Claim to love your club, won't go and watch them play. You are a die hard supporter of the Glenelg Football Club, when it is convenient. Keep up the good work.

How stupid are you? The AFL's sole interest in this state is PAFC and AFC. Their interest ends there. There's plenty of development, the SANFL does **** all for the SAAFL anyway. Your sense of self importance is hilarious.

Seriously are you that stupid, why did the AFL put the Oval deal together, so weighted towards the SANFL in terms of income, was it because they where more interested in the Adelaide Crows and Port Power! Sure no problems, we are fully aware of who it favors yet the AFL did the negiotiations!

Love it. Claim to love your club, won't go and watch them play. You are a die hard supporter of the Glenelg Football Club, when it is convenient. Keep up the good work.

I do, but my club failed me by allowing AFL teams into the league so they will have to deal with myself and other die hards failing them on 4 occassions per year.

Seriously are you that stupid, why did the AFL put the Oval deal together, so weighted towards the SANFL in terms of income, was it because they where more interested in the Adelaide Crows and Port Power! Sure no problems, we are fully aware of who it favors yet the AFL did the negiotiations!

I do, but my club failed me by allowing AFL teams into the league so they will have to deal with myself and other die hards failing them on 4 occassions per year.
Sounds like you're happy with the current arrangements after all. Boycott 4 minor round games a year, refer to those games as 'exhibition matches', maybe even hold an unofficial finals series excluding the AFL reserves teams following the SANFL grand final, and everyone lives happily ever after.

Youve said it yourself, your club / sanfl clubs voted it in.
how about direct your anger towards them as they allowed it.
and think for a second why they did.... $$$$$
They see themselves dying a slow painful death and took their only option....

$$$$$$$$

Youve said it yourself, your club / sanfl clubs voted it in.
how about direct your anger towards them as they allowed it.
and think for a second why they did.... $$$$$
They see themselves dying a slow painful death and took their only option....

$$$$$$$$

Ive said that my club voted them in, which is the reason I wont support my club against either AFL team. So yes I am directing something towards them aswell. With the public outcry, I and others are hoping this will be fixed. However the only solution I seem acceptable is to kick the AFL players out of the SANFL, doesnt mean the Port Magpies cant have a team in the SANFL without any AFL influence. Forget weakening the teams, that isnt the issue here as its so subjective to so many variances. As for $$$$ its more then just $$$ it was voted in with considerations on where these AFL teams would develop their players and the close link between the AFL and SANFL probably played a major role.

Which brings me to the point of the "SANFL dying a slow death". It will never happen whilst the AFL wants to grow its brand. If it was to reduce numbers or stay where it is, it doesnt need a controling body in the main football states. If it wants to grow and expand it needs a controling body, because its sure as hell, both Port Power and the Adelaide Crows wont do it justice. They are more interested in their own success which is fair enough. Imagine giving control of football to those teams in South Australia, the rest of the AFL clubs would have a hernia (simply wont happen).

But without the major $$$$ they would have voted against it. clear and simple, what other benefits is there for the SANFL teams? as 3000 strong cant support a club!

Believe it or not, the SANFL and AFL work in conjunction to ensure footbal grows as a brand. Yes my interests are theh SANFL and couldnt give a toss about the AFL. But both the SANFL and AFL see a responsibility towards both the Adelaide Crows and Port Power to ensure that they have a development team and they grow the brand. Yes the AFL is the major league in Australia no one is denying that, it is a fore gone conclusion and was agreed to by the SANFL buying two AFL licences. They did this to ensure they control football in this state, so that they can always fund their league. The Afl wanted and it seemed fair and reasonable for the two AFL clubs to purchase their own licence. The SANFL were reasonable about selling them to the two AFL franchises but obviously wanted a guaranteed long term income stream in return which they got through Adelaide Oval, or else why sell the licences they owned.

The so called $$$$ from the Adelaide Crows or port Power is insignificant compared to the OVal deal which will support football in this state. Which was negiotiated by the AFL to ensure the SANFL where going to be here for years to come or else their brand being AFL would not continue to grow.

Its along term view on how football will continue to grow. Im glad in a way the SANFL have more interests than ensuring the Adelaide Crows or Port Power are on the top of the heap, as believe it or not, and as the AFL know they need the SANFL far more than the franchises they have here in South Australia. Fanchises can be easily replaced as is seen in the USA with their sports system. Go have a look at some of the major franchises that have been relocated. The AFL is modelling itself on them.

Believe it or not, the SANFL and AFL work in conjunction to ensure footbal grows as a brand. Yes my interests are theh SANFL and couldnt give a toss about the AFL. But both the SANFL and AFL see a responsibility towards both the Adelaide Crows and Port Power to ensure that they have a development team and they grow the brand. Yes the AFL is the major league in Australia no one is denying that, it is a fore gone conclusion and was agreed to by the SANFL buying two AFL licences. They did this to ensure they control football in this state, so that they can always fund their league. The Afl wanted and it seemed fair and reasonable for the two AFL clubs to purchase their own licence. The SANFL were reasonable about selling them to the two AFL franchises but obviously wanted a guaranteed long term income stream in return which they got through Adelaide Oval, or else why sell the licences they owned.

The so called $$$$ from the Adelaide Crows or port Power is insignificant compared to the OVal deal which will support football in this state. Which was negiotiated by the AFL to ensure the SANFL where going to be here for years to come or else their brand being AFL would not continue to grow.

Its along term view on how football will continue to grow. Im glad in a way the SANFL have more interests than ensuring the Adelaide Crows or Port Power are on the top of the heap, as believe it or not, and as the AFL know they need the SANFL far more than the franchises they have here in South Australia. Fanchises can be easily replaced as is seen in the USA with their sports system. Go have a look at some of the major franchises that have been relocated. The AFL is modelling itself on them.
Love how AFL players in the SANFL was fine last year. Your point is entirely that the Crows and Port are winning. If it was not you would have been boycotting all games last year featuring AFL players. Many of which played at your club. You're club getting a 150 point slapping is exactly why you're having this little tantrum.

Let's expand on your relocation theory. Say both SA AFL clubs relocated to say, Tasmania. Where does that leave your oval deal? Where does that leave SA footy? You don't give enough respect to the AFL teams in this state. It is insulting. Just because you're some ****ing bumpkin hick living in footballs long forgotten past, don't expect to gather support from people with actual functioning ****ing brain cells. You pull facts out of thin air, and spin better then Warnie, you do not know anything, the AFL engineered the license by back to stop the AFL clubs getting reamed by your corrupt and childish SANFL. The SANFL gave up the licenses to keep the AFL happy, because the AFL hold the purse strings. Idiot.

Let's expand on your relocation theory. Say both SA AFL clubs relocated to say, Tasmania. Where does that leave your oval deal? Where does that leave SA footy? You don't give enough respect to the AFL teams in this state. It is insulting. Just because you're some ******* bumpkin hick living in footballs long forgotten past, don't expect to gather support from people with actual functioning ******* brain cells. You pull facts out of thin air, and spin better then Warnie, you do not know anything, the AFL engineered the license by back to stop the AFL clubs getting reamed by your corrupt and childish SANFL. The SANFL gave up the licenses to keep the AFL happy, because the AFL hold the purse strings. Idiot.

So its just coincidence that the AFL engineered the Licence sale the same year as they engineered the Oval deal. Yes that is right, the AFL engineered it with the state government. So they effectively gave it to the SANFL with your whole board blaming everyone but the AFL, talk about Warnie, your own club is great at spin doctoring your dumb arse supporters. And as you indicated it was a buy back, The Adelaide Crows and Port Power cant buy back something they never owned, get it right.

Remove this Banner Ad

What will happen with the two plastic franchises?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back