What would make Fox Footy a great 24/7 channel?

Remove this Banner Ad

But organized... say 60s night, 70s night, 80s night, 90s night, 00s night, last time they played etc.

Thatd be the best. And then they could have a viewers choice night where they play 3 games and you choose through the red button

On games that Fox AFL re-broadcasting from Channel 7 games you can press the red button and change the commentary to Radio Commentary (for melb games- Triple M, SEN, ABC or 3AW. for interstate games- local radio).

would love Last time they met, Classic Quarters, and From the Fox Footy Vault to return. a bring back a real pregame studio show before the 30 min pregame from the ground, and red button with the 4 screens to choose from like they had the first time around (because the red button analyser is crap) bring back shows like grumpy old men and White line fever.

LESS Dwayne Russel

^ this x 1000. Was it Saturday Morning Central (?) that they ran in the final couple of years of Fox Footy that ran from 12.00-2.00pm on Saturdays? Great start to a Saturday afternoon of footy when you're itching to go from about lunchtime.

And WLF.

A Dream Team and Super Coach show (The Fan Show would have been perfect had it got the go-ahead).

The return of the Fox Footy Quiz.
More episodes of Open Mike (or someone else seeing as though he has retired now).
Footballer's Wives.
Last time they met.
From the vault.

Loving AFL 360 four nights a week. Can't wait. Going to be my favourite show beside live Footy.
The Fan Show with Calvin, Roy and Warnie from DT Talk
Classic matches from the archives midweek (last time they met and From the Vault) and from October-January.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If by less, you mean zero, I am with you.

i would love that but just cant see it happening, hope he only does 1 game and they replace him on AFL winners, so i might watch that at times.

State league and international cup replays would be great. They do a good job of televising the Sydney footy/NEAFL on Main Event before the Friday game, great exposure although pretty ordinary compared to the bigger leagues.

Looking forward to more Foxtel Cup too, maybe a preview of each club before each game. Grass roots stuff, ya know?

State league and international cup replays would be great. They do a good job of televising the Sydney footy/NEAFL on Main Event before the Friday game, great exposure although pretty ordinary compared to the bigger leagues.

Looking forward to more Foxtel Cup too, maybe a preview of each club before each game. Grass roots stuff, ya know?

i doubt we will get state footy on fox footy, due to broadcast restrictions, like how the NSW and Qld game of the week games on Mainevent on Fridays are blacked out for all other states. and doubt there will be enough interest in the games so will be put on huge delays and in the middle of the night if they could get in on the rights.

Other than the obvious classic matches I want to see AFL doco's similar to the NFL Films series or the recent ESPN 30 for 30. The Final Story was on the right track but they could broaden to include topics on say the national expansion/birth of each expansion club, death of Fitzroy/merger with Brisbane, failed Fitzroy/Footscray merger, failed Melbourne/Hawthorn merger, the "super" clubs (Collingwood 1920's, Melbourne 1950's, Hawthorn 1980's Brisbane & Geelong 2000's) etc etc So much potential here and this is only off the top of my head. I know they had the Headliners series last time but those were only 20 minutes each, they need to be at least 45-60 minutes each.

I agree with X BOX X a dream team / super coach show would be perfect in the US ESPN have a dedicated show to the fantasy sports its huge over there and would be the same here if a network would get behind it...

I would also love to see a Football Analyst show picking apart a game from the weekend like you would if you were inside the club .. would be a great tool for other local coaches to use as a resource for how they should address their team...

I would also love the AFL to do the whole NFL films thing .... those ones channel nine did last year on the 71,81,91,2001 grand finals were great ... more of that and more of the stories of the the kids who didn't quite live up to there potential .... I a follow up documentary on Adam Ramanaskas (not sure if I spelt that correct .. sorry Ramma) Des Headland and Brendan Fevola now that they have all retired and were apart of the 90's documentary " The Draft" ... just a few thoughts .. excited about Fox Footy in HD ... 12 more sleeps

Other than the obvious classic matches I want to see AFL doco's similar to the NFL Films series or the recent ESPN 30 for 30. The Final Story was on the right track but they could broaden to include topics on say the national expansion/birth of each expansion club, death of Fitzroy/merger with Brisbane, failed Fitzroy/Footscray merger, failed Melbourne/Hawthorn merger, the "super" clubs (Collingwood 1920's, Melbourne 1950's, Hawthorn 1980's Brisbane & Geelong 2000's) etc etc So much potential here and this is only off the top of my head. I know they had the Headliners series last time but those were only 20 minutes each, they need to be at least 45-60 minutes each.

Would love that Kind of Show but don't expect it to be as good as the NFL Films Shows.

Would love a TOP 10 Show that NFL Films does

I agree with X BOX X a dream team / super coach show would be perfect in the US ESPN have a dedicated show to the fantasy sports its huge over there and would be the same here if a network would get behind it...

I would also love to see a Football Analyst show picking apart a game from the weekend like you would if you were inside the club .. would be a great tool for other local coaches to use as a resource for how they should address their team...

I would also love the AFL to do the whole NFL films thing .... those ones channel nine did last year on the 71,81,91,2001 grand finals were great ... more of that and more of the stories of the the kids who didn't quite live up to there potential .... I a follow up documentary on Adam Ramanaskas (not sure if I spelt that correct .. sorry Ramma) Des Headland and Brendan Fevola now that they have all retired and were apart of the 90's documentary " The Draft" ... just a few thoughts .. excited about Fox Footy in HD ... 12 more sleeps

I totally agree. The 30 for 30 docos have shown what can be done when it comes to sports doco. It is a real shame that Robert dixon passed away a couple of years back as he was starting to lift the game in aussie sports docos. There is so many Aussie rules stories that should be put into docos. The sacking of Norm smith, the nicky winmar jumper lifting are two that I can think at the top of my head.

Best idea in the thread :thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

What would make Fox Footy a great 24/7 channel?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back