What'd Brent Harvey do?

Remove this Banner Ad

Gotta love them facts

North fans cry about stereotypes when people call Harvey selfish (putting out facts about his goal assists in response) yet happy to fling shit at other players

You've think you've had it hard with people calling Picken a dog? Boomer's been called a dog after 3 incidents from 2 games in a 380+ game career. Let's not pretend that Boomer's been given a fair run by you blokes either. Yes, Picken was holding Boomer off the ball. Did it warrant Boomer's reaction? No, but you'd be kidding yourself if you really believe that Picken (and other taggers) play within the rules.

I think you'll find Picken is an absolute saint.

Good cuddler, too. ;)

74481_169a7066bf96f8a6043a48973e812bc6.jpeg

Harvey was holding Pickens arms closed because logic. Just like how Picken jumped over Harveys back and held Harveys forearm/elbow on his windpipe.

I've seen your supporters call for Pickens bones to be broken next time we play you. Pretty pathetic.

Harvey was holding Pickens arms closed because logic. Just like how Picken jumped over Harveys back and held Harveys forearm/elbow on his windpipe.

I've seen your supporters call for Pickens bones to be broken next time we play you. Pretty pathetic.

And I've seen your supporters make personal attacks on Harvey's partner. It goes both ways champ.

But I'm sure tiny Boomer Harvey is so strong that he can completely flip Picken over his shoulder like it's a Tony Jaa movie. No acting at all...

You've think you've had it hard with people calling Picken a dog? Boomer's been called a dog after 3 incidents from 2 games in a 380+ game career. Let's not pretend that Boomer's been given a fair run by you blokes either. Yes, Picken was holding Boomer off the ball. Did it warrant Boomer's reaction? No, but you'd be kidding yourself if you really believe that Picken (and other taggers) play within the rules.
Sorry, but I think you'll struggle to get much support or sympathy for Harvey from neutral fans, and not just based upon this incident either.

So you legitimately think Picken jumped over Harveys shoulder? This isn't a troll? I was having a bit of a laugh.

Wow.

No, I think Harvey wanted to throw him and Picken pulled a Lindsay Thomas.

Sorry, but I think you'll struggle to get much support or sympathy for Harvey from neutral fans, and not just based upon this incident either.

And I don't expect it. I don't expect intelligence from footy fans so it's easy for the best of us to skim over the 380 games he hasn't done anything.

And I don't expect it. I don't expect intelligence from footy fans so it's easy for the best of us to skim over the 380 games he hasn't done anything.
Personally my disliking of him is not overly related to his tribunal indiscretions (that's more of an afterthought)

I don't like his selfish play, wouldn't fly at many other clubs, he only ever passes to a teammate when there is a good chance of getting it back, he's a sook and a tightarse.

An indictment frankly that north still require him, let alone rely on him still

Personally my disliking of him is not overly related to his tribunal indiscretions (that's more of an afterthought)

I don't like his selfish play, wouldn't fly at many other clubs, he only ever passes to a teammate when there is a good chance of getting it back, he's a sook and a tightarse.

Really? He has pretty good goal assist stats each year and has the second most since the stat has been recorded. The 'sook' label also amuses me. Why is he a sook? Because he called a tagger out for playing dirty? That's a pretty loose definition. And tightarse? Well, I'll give you that one. It's notoriously hard to squeeze a dollar out of him. ;)

It's an 'indictment' on your lack of football knowledge considering how well he's been playing this year. You only have to hear ex-players saying the same thing like Jason Dunstall, Gerard Healy, Dermott Bereton, Michael Voss & Mark Maclure - but hey what would they know.

Picken's a negative, niggly little unit but so are most taggers. One thing he ain't is a dog, or weak.

Picken was just doing what he was allowed to, which was to molest Boomer most of the match. If the umps had puller him up early, he'd have eased up on the hugging etc.

Boomer aside, the umpires have a lot to answer for.

Yep well said.
And you can bet that when Picken plays the Swannies this week the umps will go back to paying the free kicks against him. Can't have Picken scragging the chosen ones.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hah...... the karma train arrived and Crowley sends his regards 300 times!
Much as I dislike the filthy little liar....... really, 3 weeks for that? FFS this MRP/Tribunal system is just a mess. 1 week for stupidity - no real harm done.

Agreed on the 1 week for stupidity.
So now flipping people onto the ground is a suspendable offence but you can bet that the rampant inconsistency will continue. I'm still reeling how Daniel Merrett got off for breaking a guys nose so badly it required surgery and he wasn't even looking at the ball. But they called that a 'legitimate spoil'. Or you can bet that if the AFL's pinup boy Franklin snipes another player with that elbow or shoulder of his he'll be given another free pass.

also said if he was trying to strangle him he'd use all his force. whack job

He could've used Luke Hodge's defence after elbowing Kade Simpson in the head that he was trying to get out of the way. Better yet, maybe Franklin can use it when he's up for another of his flying elbows:)

Cats, Hawks, etc can boast of more

You could have just said, yes.

Petrie's so-called eye-gouging was him trying to stop Lake choking him. Full stop. Get over it.

Laughable. Petrie eye-gouged Lake BEFORE there was any "choking".

You were wrong the entire time about that incident. Karma has now paid you back in spades.

Suck it up.

Laughable. Petrie cheek-gouged Lake after he was thrown to the ground in a tackle, sat on and held down BEFORE there was any "choking".

EFA.

Lake was such a victim. :rolleyes:

He could've used Luke Hodge's defence after elbowing Kade Simpson in the head that he was trying to get out of the way. Better yet, maybe Franklin can use it when he's up for another of his flying elbows:)

I don't think the Swans defence team needs judiciary advice from north.

Still don't get it do you?

Get everything you deserve.

Karma.

I don't want to ruin it for you but like Santa Clause, karma doesn't exist.

Tell that to Brent Harvey - he's got some time off to think about it :thumbsu:

Wait, so Brent Harvey is suspended because of bad karma from Brain Leak flipping out and choking Drew Petrie?

According to Mooney on AFL 360 even Picken said there was nothing in it and thought 3 weeks was to harsh.
All the panellists on league teams also thought it was worth 2 weeks max.
That's merely what I'm so frustrated at, the tribunal is so inconsistent.
Conca runs up and hits someone in the back of the head with intent.
If what Boomer did gets 3 weeks and misses a crucial elimination final.
Surely what he did would get 4+ weeks?
Also Fyfe clocked Lewis around the head, how come he is conveniently back for finals?

Anyway I hope the bad blood between North and WB supporters can simmer down now.
Time to move on.

The selfish aspect of Boomers game is overstated, we like him to have ball in hand as he makes good decisions.
I think you will find he is right up there for goal assists for our club.

But hey don't let facts get in your way after all it's cool to hate on Boomer.

Remove this Banner Ad

What'd Brent Harvey do?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back