what's happened to Gus

Remove this Banner Ad

this time last year he was emerging as one of the feared Big men in the game, 2008 have heard ____ all, to the point where could it be possible that he be given the lemon and sarss at year end and Cartledge is upgraded as a third string ruck option. Could be a plan at this point:eek:

Golden Staff.... was the rumor I heard.

Gus was injured early in the season and is working back from that. Cartledge is an excellent tap ruckman but doesn't do enough around the ground. Gus is a bit the opposite but has a good leap and can easily work on his rucking !

He's young and Raw but i reckon Putt is going to be a really good player, has a HUGE leap and can run all day, just needs to bulk up a bit!

Not prepared to write him off yet, he has a quality about him that makes me want to see how he turns out.

But how long he gets depends on what he does at training so I can't judge this. Any project player who takes a step backwards after taking one forwards shouldn't raise too many eyebrows. Could easily take two forward next month, let's wait and see.

this time last year he was emerging as one of the feared Big men in the game, 2008 have heard ____ all, to the point where could it be possible that he be given the lemon and sarss at year end and Cartledge is upgraded as a third string ruck option. Could be a plan at this point:eek:

What game was it he was feared in? Ludo? Ker-Plunk?

He's a rookie project. He's 10 ft tall, weighs 500 grams, and would get broken in two every time he rucked against a senior AFL Footballer.

I don't spend enough time at Coburg or training to know if he is coming on OK - but even if he is, I don't expect to see him as a regular in the Seniors till at least second half 2009. Yeah, that's a long time to wait.

Turn it up :eek:

sorry but cartledge is not an afl player, he was on our list for a couple of years and from what i have seen now he still is not good enough even as a third string ruckmen...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cartlege hasn't defiantly gone ahead of Graham imo. I would love to see him get a run at AFL level before seasons end as he been the dominant ruckman of the VFL. Should get evelvated before any of our other rookies at this stage imo. Collard can be kept on the rookie list because he is younger

Feared by whom Bo?

by Simon Eastaugh...his world record game tally in the 2s is under threat....

But having said i dont mind the look of Gus...reckon he might make the grade...as for cartledge?.....well, lets just say, that he was delisted by the bummers, totally understand why...say no more. ;)

Have been to the last 2 Coburg games and Angus is not showing the signs of an emerging ruckman. Cartledge is streets ahead of him and Graham spent most of his time on the pine. Putt looked ok in the magoos - Id invest in him - Id be staggered if Graham is retained as he does not kick well at goal for Coburg - gets pushed off the contest easily and has no agro in him - he was murdered on the weekend when he even got near it. I read with interest that he 'spreads' well from the contest - great - how about spreading to where the ball is? Recruiting a non proven ruckman from another club is just changing the lipstick on the pig!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

what's happened to Gus

Remove this Banner Ad

Back