Think Tank What's Lachie Schulz Worth?

What pick will Lachie Schulz cost Collingwood?

• Pick 5

Votes: 3 20.0%
  • Pick 6

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pick 7

Votes: 4 26.7%
  • Pick 8

• Pick 9

• Pick 10+

• Jack Watts Pick

Votes: 8 53.3%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Is that the same Ollie Henry has kicked more than any Collingwood forward this year despite being down on form?

That's the one, he also has no premiership medal but he gets to spoon with his brother every night.

WCE will never trade with us for the next 25 years after that deal.

Fremantle still won't take our calls after giving us Pick 1 all those years ago.

CarLOLton’s obsession with individual achievements continues :$

One day you’ll realise it’s a team game
schulz is so shit, he hasn’t even won a john nicholls medal.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

…after we knew he was leaving 🤦‍♂️
LOL more revisionist history....you were playing him as sub prior to that and he was told to go back to VFL to work on his defensive forward pressure and work rate. My Pies mates and I have spoken about this at length. They at the time said the exact same things. "He's a talented kid but he doesn't work hard enough or apply pressure like he should"

Noting in 2022 he played Rounds 1-4, Round 8-13, Round 15-18
Then once more in Round 23 right before Finals, if he was dropped "…after we knew he was leaving" then why did he get consistent blocks of games all throughout the season and not just completely dropped in the back half of the season?

It's almost like he was a fringe player who then got replaced by your mid season pickup. He's still mates with all the Pies blokes and holds no ill will towards them. It's ok to say that sometimes things just don't work out.

Jordan Clark went through similar with us. He wanted to go Home and get more opportunities. Sometimes that's just the way it goes. Cats won 2022 right after Clark left, Pies won 2023 right after Ollie left.

LOL more revisionist history....you were playing him as sub prior to that and he was told to go back to VFL to work on his defensive forward pressure and work rate. My Pies mates and I have spoken about this at length. They at the time said the exact same things. "He's a talented kid but he doesn't work hard enough or apply pressure like he should"

Noting in 2022 he played Rounds 1-4, Round 8-13, Round 15-18
Then once more in Round 23 right before Finals, if he was dropped "…after we knew he was leaving" then why did he get consistent blocks of games all throughout the season and not just completely dropped in the back half of the season?

It's almost like he was a fringe player who then got replaced by your mid season pickup. He's still mates with all the Pies blokes and holds no ill will towards them. It's ok to say that sometimes things just don't work out.

Jordan Clark went through similar with us. He wanted to go Home and get more opportunities. Sometimes that's just the way it goes. Cats won 2022 right after Clark left, Pies won 2023 right after Ollie left.
Thanks Ollie

And Ash has played in more winning finals than Ollie 🤷‍♂️

Oh because every single one of those Finals was an Ash Johnson showcase?
Is that the reason Johnson got replaced by Krueger and couldn’t get a gig even with a lot of injuries?

Almost like you could use some young forwards that bailed out right about now (Henry, Ginnivan)

Funny hearing Eddie trying to defend the Wobblers decision to give away Ginnivan and a first round pick for old Twisties Schultz.

Schultz wouldn't even get a game for the Shockers these days, they made off like bandits with that deal.

Have you seen our small forwards at work ?
They wouldn't know how to crumb if they worked in a bakery

I reckon if we had Schultzy this year we’d be comfortably in the 8

Crying shame for the pies on that first round pick though

1723384616030.gif

View attachment 2076711

That speaks volumes to the lack of good consistent small/3rd tall forwards in your side though, not necessarily about Schulz himself.

Your boys need to get on the recruitment drive and try and bring in a couple of talented forwards, you’ve got enough young talent around the ground but you need to start swinging for some established players who know how to win big games and can set standards.

You have the elite young mids with Jackson/Brayshaw/Serong but you don’t have an elite forward outside Treacy. Amiss? Not sure yet. Has the tools to be a good player but again consistency is key.
Backline has great players in Ryan and Clark, a great leader in Pearce and some decent bit part players so probably sorted there.

It’s your forward line that will hold you back from truly competing….but anyway

Shultz is a good complimentary player, but he’s never been worth a first round pick…at any stage.
It was dumb at the time and it still doesn’t make sense. Freo laughing all the way to the Draft.

Deez Nuts GIF

View attachment 2076711
Nice.

I would’ve gone for schnitzel factory.

Remove this Banner Ad

Think Tank What's Lachie Schulz Worth?

Back