Movies & TV What's the last movie you saw?

Remove this Banner Ad

USA today complained about Dunkirk saying that the movie lacked strong female lead and lead actors of colour.

I don't think they realise that it's based on actual history

Apparently the quote was actually "Some might complain that the movie lacked a strong female lead and lead actors of colour."... in an article about why people might complain about the movie.

Also, apparently 1-D fans are going to see it because of Harry Styles. So if you're wondering why teenager girls are going to a war movie...

USA today complained about Dunkirk saying that the movie lacked strong female lead and lead actors of colour.

I don't think they realise that it's based on actual history
Forrest Whittaker didn't want to reprise his role as The Last King of Scotland?

Well I did see Dunkirk and was a great movie. Cinema had 11 people in it, which works for me. Isn't the cycle quick these days, after a few weeks a movie is ready for cable and online release.
Will monitor this thread for ideas and try to contribute but had my fill of planet of the apes movies when It way Friday nights at the cinema as a teenager, and girls were the main focal point.

I watched A Dog's Purpose last night. I was really sad. Yes, it legit made me cry. :(

Hope you're all good with a bit of swearing though. It does have SLJ who says MFer a lot.

There's a ripper quote from the movie too but I don't want to post it and potentially ruin its X factor.
No problem I'm no prude. Just brought up in the generation when you didn't swear in mixed company.

Went and saw The Dark Tower on Sunday, big fan of the books but the movie is a very pale representation of them, think Cliff notes with CGI

That's a bit of a worry. Was looking forward to seeing it. I haven't actually read the books, so I suppose, I have less preconceptions and might enjoy it a bit more as a result.

Is it a stand-alone or the first of a franchise? because there were lots of books and if a single book can be broken down into a couple of movies, you'd think there'd be more in this one.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's a bit of a worry. Was looking forward to seeing it. I haven't actually read the books, so I suppose, I have less preconceptions and might enjoy it a bit more as a result.

Is it a stand-alone or the first of a franchise? because there were lots of books and if a single book can be broken down into a couple of movies, you'd think there'd be more in this one.
I expected it to be book 1 of 8, but was in fact 8 books in one, (kind of), if I hadn't read the books I would have enjoyed it a lot more tbh as to call the tale abridged would be an insult to bridges, if you watch it and then read the books you'll probably see what I mean..

I expected it to be book 1 of 8, but was in fact 8 books in one, (kind of), if I hadn't read the books I would have enjoyed it a lot more tbh as to call the tale abridged would be an insult to bridges, if you watch it and then read the books you'll probably see what I mean..

If they can spin the 250(ish) page Hobbit out into three movies, WTF are they doing trying to condense the 4,500(ish) page, 8 novel, series into a single movie?!?!?!?!?

No wonder you thought it was cliff notes + cgi.

Terrible decision.

Long time fan of the Dark Tower series. Not rushing out to see the movie. The whole project has been a drawn out affair over years trying to settle on the best way to capture the story on film. So many producers, writers and directors have come and gone over the journey. Various actors rumoured, and even a plan to combine movies with a TV series. It really needed a Peter Jackson to come along and be uncompromising in the vision to bring it to the big screen. I am not that interested in this completely compromised effort.

Long time fan of the Dark Tower series. Not rushing out to see the movie. The whole project has been a drawn out affair over years trying to settle on the best way to capture the story on film. So many producers, writers and directors have come and gone over the journey. Various actors rumoured, and even a plan to combine movies with a TV series. It really needed a Peter Jackson to come along and be uncompromising in the vision to bring it to the big screen. I am not that interested in this completely compromised effort.

Elba does a really good job of bringing Roland to life for mine, certainly in that I had zero problems matching him the picture and character I had framed in my mind, the issue for the book readers is the massive weight/impact of the story is 98% missing, the 2% isn't bad, it's just unavoidably 2%.

Saw Kingsman: The Golden Circle last night (without having seen the first movie) and I really liked it. Great action scenes. The storyline holes I think were mostly because I hadn't seen the first. But was really good.
Excellent, Vestal and I are looking to go this weekend :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back