Whats the truth behind Kellaways dismissal?

Remove this Banner Ad

oxx

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 23, 2003
Here.
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
())(())(())(())(())(())((
Gotta be something more to it.

Any of u monkeys with sauce connections get a handle on this one ?

<not even remotely a veiled comment - Khan>

Let us know what you come up with.

yellowandblack2007 said:
That and he's lack of commitment..... surfs up
You can't doubt the guys commitment just because he went surfing! The guys have to be able to have a life outside of footy and I know a lot of them surf here in WA. That's not to say they aren't committed.

Matt9 said:
You can't doubt the guys commitment just because he went surfing! The guys have to be able to have a life outside of footy and I know a lot of them surf here in WA. That's not to say they aren't committed.

When you are paid the level that the employees(players) are then any outside activity that could hurt your employers should not be partaken in. As a (very) ex surfie there are lots of things that could cause you to be injured before a game. I somehow doubt that this was the first time, just the firts time the truth was told as to his absense (sydney game this year)

Khan

p.s I dont like losing Andy but there proberaly is something else in it other than being too slow or too old.

Khan said:
When you are paid the level that the employees(players) are then any outside activity that could hurt your employers should not be partaken in. As a (very) ex surfie there are lots of things that could cause you to be injured before a game. I somehow doubt that this was the first time, just the firts time the truth was told as to his absense (sydney game this year)

Khan

p.s I dont like losing Andy but there proberaly is something else in it other than being too slow or too old.
How do you think a total lack of stimulation outside of the footy would affect their ability to prepare mentally for a game, over 25-30 consecutive weeks. If the money they get equates to wrapping themselves up in cotton wool, only to be released for training and match day, they would go crazy sitting inside watching foxtel all day. They have to have a life with interests and hobbies that interest them. They get paid so much because the money in the game should go to them, they put the show on after all. It doesn't increase their obligation beyond the already high expectations for their time that clubs and the league place on them.

Thats my pont.

I feel his activity outside the club may have been a deciding factor in his arsing.

I don't rekkon it's right,if this is the case, and was interested if anyone had some juice as to why he may have been dismissed

oxx said:
Thats my pont.

I feel his activity outside the club may have been a deciding factor in his arsing.

I don't rekkon it's right,if this is the case, and was interested if anyone had some juice as to why he may have been dismissed

cause he is a dud.

Matt9 said:
How do you think a total lack of stimulation outside of the footy would affect their ability to prepare mentally for a game, over 25-30 consecutive weeks. If the money they get equates to wrapping themselves up in cotton wool, only to be released for training and match day, they would go crazy sitting inside watching foxtel all day. They have to have a life with interests and hobbies that interest them. They get paid so much because the money in the game should go to them, they put the show on after all. It doesn't increase their obligation beyond the already high expectations for their time that clubs and the league place on them.

That is the point however, Footballers aren't allowed to ski, during the season, rock climb and any other sport they put them self at risk. They get paid to perform , there are plenty of other jobs that limit what you can do outside of work as well if it puts at risk the job at hand. So either they are paid the same as you and I or they accept the responsibility and look after themselves. Thats all this comes down to.

Khan

not as big a dud as Gaspar........

Khan said:
That is the point however, Footballers aren't allowed to ski, during the season, rock climb and any other sport they put them self at risk. They get paid to perform , there are plenty of other jobs that limit what you can do outside of work as well if it puts at risk the job at hand. So either they are paid the same as you and I or they accept the responsibility and look after themselves. Thats all this comes down to.

Khan
He didn't get delisted because he goes surfing and just because he likes to surf, doesn't make him any less committed to the club than any other player. You don't drop in holes and push back into packs like he does if you aren't totally 100% committed. There are plenty of blokes who live and breathe footy but don't have the courage and commitment of this bloke.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Matt9 said:
He didn't get delisted because he goes surfing and just because he likes to surf, doesn't make him any less committed to the club than any other player. You don't drop in holes and push back into packs like he does if you aren't totally 100% committed. There are plenty of blokes who live and breathe footy but don't have the courage and commitment of this bloke.

The surfing incident would have affected the final decission in my opinion. The point that he was injured we were knocking on the eight and to go out and partake in a risky sport would have been seen as irresponsible or at least poorly thought out. I like Andy and I dont see him as a dud however when I heard that he injured himself in an avoidable incedent then I thought and said to a friend that day he'd be lucky to make it back into the team.

Yes I agree that he is couragous (like his brother was) and commited once on the field but I believe that his was a very bad mistake. I dont know and this is just my opinion.

Khan

p.s I would have thought the same as this with the Gale brothers if they had gotten hurt this way and Benny was one of my favorite players.

Khan

Khan said:
The surfing incident would have affected the final decission in my opinion. The point that he was injured we were knocking on the eight and to go out and partake in a risky sport would have been seen as irresponsible or at least poorly thought out. I like Andy and I dont see him as a dud however when I heard that he injured himself in an avoidable incedent then I thought and said to a friend that day he'd be lucky to make it back into the team.

Yes I agree that he is couragous (like his brother was) and commited once on the field but I believe that his was a very bad mistake. I dont know and this is just my opinion.

Khan

p.s I would have thought the same as this with the Gale brothers if they had gotten hurt this way and Benny was one of my favorite players.

Khan
Cheers mate, I've enjoyed the too-ing and fro-ing, but maybe we'll have to agree to disagree? I don't think the accident had much to do with the delisting, I reckon TW had already made up his mind. You are right in saying the timing was very bad and maybe he needed to show some restraint but we all think we're invincible and he had probably surfed during the week hundreds of time for no incident.
At least we agree on the Gales- Benny and Butch were great players and good blokes too.:D

Matt9 said:
Cheers mate, I've enjoyed the too-ing and fro-ing, but maybe we'll have to agree to disagree? I don't think the accident had much to do with the delisting, I reckon TW had already made up his mind. You are right in saying the timing was very bad and maybe he needed to show some restraint but we all think we're invincible and he had probably surfed during the week hundreds of time for no incident.
At least we agree on the Gales- Benny and Butch were great players and good blokes too.:D
you would be suprised what the reason might be, for example i have a good mate who is a trainee manager at coles and is also a very talented footballer but has to give that up because he knows if he ****es his knee shoulder or what ever the company isnt going to wait for him to recover they will hire someone else to take over him. i dont know the full story on AK but football is his fulltime job and his club shouldnt have to pay him if he is going to go hurt himself surfing. im not saying i think thats the reason but if it is i can understand why

Matt9 said:

Give Fabio a big kiss from uncle Oxx:p

yeah,he was a dud...but the fact remains - he's not the lone ranger

Matt9 said:

Been surfing during the week for at least 5 years, from what I've heard. Part of his match rehab process.

skybeau said:
Been surfing during the week for at least 5 years, from what I've heard. Part of his match rehab process.

and if u believe that u r a tool! swimming as rehab yes, surfing !!! what a crock!

ak was dropped
a/ cos his contract was up
b/ his age
c/ the timing of his surfing incident/he should have known better!!
d/ he may have courage , and can mark, but his skills are only slightly betetr than his overrated dud of a brother!!!
e/ slow in the body
f/ slow in the mind!
g/ he is just an overrated hack who can only play one position!!!!

ppl say ray is crap, yes as a defender hall is crap, but thats not where terry wants him, watch rayo hall in a diferent role next yr and then make a decision on him

AK RIP!!! u were lucky to get this far

Remove this Banner Ad

Whats the truth behind Kellaways dismissal?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back