Whats the truth behind Kellaways dismissal?

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm a surfer and I find it suspicious that you could do your hammy while surfing. For starters you are barely ever on your feet when you surf. 95% or more of the time you are prone. Even when you are standing it's not like you are moving your legs that much. How do guys do hammys? While running.

My conspiracy theory is that he did it doing something else, or that he never did his hammy at all and it was invented to cover up something else.

The conspiracy might not be right, but I really can't see how you could do a hammy while surfing.

footy4eva said:

So I guess you've tried surfing as a rehab process for footy, then? Tried it for an excessively long time? So you know all about its benefits and risks then? Care to chuck a few answers my way, based on your obviously expert knowledge?

I dislocated my shoulder by jumping into a swimming pool, something you could do a 1000 times without hurting yourself...strange, unlikely things happen.

IMO, the Kellaway decision was a disgrace, regardless of whatever conspiracy theory you care to bring up. But, as Wally says, the decision has been made. So move on. Leave whatever thoughts you had of his service, and focus forward.

No conspiracy theory. Just a 30 year old player with limited ability reached the end of his usefulness. Ak had a lot of admirable qualities, but he moved the ball on too slowly and didn't fit where we are headed. End of 2003 and 2004 we got rid of about 25 blokes without even having to think about it. This was a harder decision, but it was also a gutsier decision and the right one. The type of decision the club has largely avoided for 20 years, which has left us mired in mediocrity.

AK was a great player and should have been allowed to play out his career with us. He had a couple of years left. No harm having him on the list at all. I'm sure he would have played quite a few senior games even if Terry wants to play the kids more. Injuries come up and I'd prefer Kellaway as a back up than Hall. Here's some goodbye music for the man lol
http://raylomus.com/LIVE_Watchers_of_the_Storm1979/ELEGYfull.mp3

IDGAF said:
Exactly

I`m with Oxx ...more to it

Cher bro.

Im with you too.:cool:

I asked Wayne Johnson about it the other nite and he seemed to be stumped
over it as well.

He may have even agreed that he was a better option than some who remain....but he may not have

Spoke to a not-so-long-ago-delisted RFC player on the weekend and he said there was nothing sinister to it. Chubba, in his words, was a victim of TW's new breed of wanting running, skilled players in defence.
Make of that what you will. I'm just the messenger.

tugga said:
Spoke to a not-so-long-ago-delisted RFC player on the weekend and he said there was nothing sinister to it. Chubba, in his words, was a victim of TW's new breed of wanting running, skilled players in defence.
Make of that what you will. I'm just the messenger.

fair enough.

ok, i've been trying not to get involved in this one, but i've gotta say what i've heard

Andrew Kellaway shot J.F.Kennedy

astro_toby said:
ok, i've been trying not to get involved in this one, but i've gotta say what i've heard

Andrew Kellaway shot J.F.Kennedy

I heard he was an Al Qaeda sympathiser.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah161 said:
the truth was told !

this is very old news.

kellaway was just stiff !

feel for him though !

:(

yes he was stiff.

A bit like me earlier this year when i did not get a promotion at work and the girl who got it had big ****. At least i can sit and watch them err her from my desk.

heard andy and chaff were going down to play div 2 efl for rowville next season more than likely crap but the 2 boys are mates with a few of the guys at seebeck oval

No doubt about it. A Kellaway made way for one G Polak who was clearly in the recruitment targets many many months ago and whom a deal was probably done many many months ago also. Let's not believe all the trade week hype crap.

I have always liked Kellaway's style of play, very hard at it and always gave 100%.

His kicking is quite poor, however, I think he was allowed to be on the end of too many passages of play rather than handing off to start play.

Realisically does he have a year or two where his primary role would be to negate a player (i'm thinking a back up to Morris at the Bulldogs).

I would be interested in Richmond supporters impressions, knowing that the Bulldogs are aiming at top 4 next year would you draft him.

peejay said:
yes he was stiff.

A bit like me earlier this year when i did not get a promotion at work and the girl who got it had big ****. At least i can sit and watch them err her from my desk.

I love ****. More power to them.

Bulldogsnm1 said:
I have always liked Kellaway's style of play, very hard at it and always gave 100%.

His kicking is quite poor, however, I think he was allowed to be on the end of too many passages of play rather than handing off to start play.

Realisically does he have a year or two where his primary role would be to negate a player (i'm thinking a back up to Morris at the Bulldogs).

I would be interested in Richmond supporters impressions, knowing that the Bulldogs are aiming at top 4 next year would you draft him.

Agree with this. He may be of value to somebody but not the Dogs for much the same reason as this

tugga said:
victim of TW's new breed of wanting running, skilled players in defence

Bulldogsnm1 said:

Kellaway would be a good pick up for the dogs plenty of room for him although they have Morris, Hargrave, Morris and occasionally Grant. Still has the ability to take a second forward or third string forward. I think his very underated footballer that put his body on the line at every contest and gave everything for the tigers

The Chubb was one of the gutsiest, most courageous, toughest players going around. He is a good mark, and his kicking is not as bad as everyone makes out. He hardly ever plays a bad game, is honest and reliable.

I was devastated that they would let him go (a mistake) and keep a soft cokc like Tivendale, and even think about getting a dud like Kingsley.

For whoever picks him up, I can see him playing a role like Hardwick did for the Power in 2004.

Good Luck Chubb, we'll miss ya.

The Chubb was one of the gutsiest, most courageous, toughest players going around. He is a good mark, and his kicking is not as bad as everyone makes out. He hardly ever plays a bad game, is honest and reliable.

I was devastated that they would let him go (a mistake) and keep a soft cokc like Tivendale, and even think about getting a dud like Kingsley.

For whoever picks him up, I can see him playing a role like Hardwick did for the Power in 2004.

Good Luck Chubb, we'll miss ya.

Yer Terry, Kellaway is a legend gun player, but i think your a bit harsh on tivendale, yes he can look on the outside and has lloked a bit soft over the years. But this year he was our 3rd best tackler 71 tackles the best he has had in any year and has improved his hardball gets, I think he is better then what people think he is.

Cheers

Remove this Banner Ad

Whats the truth behind Kellaways dismissal?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back