What's the worst song you've ever heard?

Remove this Banner Ad

Contra Mundum said:
you forgot to mention his band: Check1,2 which also is in the Guiness Book of Records as the worst band name ever

Apologies to Check 1,2. How i could forget such a supergroup like that is beyond me.

Any of the new day talentless barbie doll constructs that cover decent (or even semi decent) old songs and butcher them mercilessly.

As for Accidently Kelly Street. Yeah, it was a bad song, but I'd happily go the chop on Angie Hart.

These boots are made for walking by Jessica Simpson

I know lots of songs that I would say are 'worse' than this, songs where you can see what the artist was trying to achieve, but for one reason or another things don't quite work. On the other hard there are songs which *should* be nice little pop songs, but for one reason another the point is either completely missed or the artist gets it utterly wrong...

johnnyhoward said:
Is that the 70's wannabe disco track by donna summer where it says "and i'll never have that recipe again, oh noooooooooooooooooooooooooo....." That's genuinely painful. :(

That would be it!

I just googled it and found it was called Macarthur Park and written by Jimmy Webb. Performed by Richard Harris first, then Donna Summer later.

Part of the chorus:
Someone left the cake out in the rain
I don't think that I can take it
'cause it took so long to bake it
And I'll never have that recipe again
Oh, no!

Slacker said:
That would be it!

I just googled it and found it was called Macarthur Park and written by Jimmy Webb. Performed by Richard Harris first, then Donna Summer later.

Part of the chorus:
Someone left the cake out in the rain
I don't think that I can take it
'cause it took so long to bake it
And I'll never have that recipe again
Oh, no!

the song is actually about his wife who died.

drops of jupiter has the tendency to make me want to start breaking things

anything by creed

but i think my most hated song is 'keep your hands to yourself' by the georgia sattelites. that song really really makes me want to start beaking, no, smashing things.

Download the song "Never Been To Me" by Charlene. After that, you will realise it is a no contest.

Seriously, do it. DO IT.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

johnnyhoward said:
Is that the 70's wannabe disco track by donna summer where it says "and i'll never have that recipe again, oh noooooooooooooooooooooooooo....." That's genuinely painful. :(

Its" McCarther Park" and it was written by Hal David who together with Bert Bacharach is responsible for the most profound and beautiful pop songs ever written

Originally song by Richard Harris or Dumbledore for all you youngens out there

Contra Mundum said:
Its" McCarther Park" and it was written by Hal David who together with Bert Bacharach is responsible for the most profound and beautiful pop songs ever written

Slacker said:

I don't think it is profound either.

Slacker said:
I don't think it is profound either.

No but the rest of the David/Bacharach songbook are - Anyone who had a heart, Walk on By, the Guy's in Love with you etc etc

McCarthur Park was born out of a bet between Bert Bacharach and Hal David where Bacharach said that words where far less important than the melody in a pop song.
David bet Bacharach that he could write a song with the stupidest lyrics and it would tank. Anyway Hal David wrote MacCarthur Park and it went to number one in the States and England! David lost the bet

Bloody Hell Slacker don't tell me I have been clinging to an Urban myth all these years!

Contra Mundum said:
Bloody Hell Slacker don't tell me I have been clinging to an Urban myth all these years!
I'm confident that it is a myth, but it makes a good story.

Jimmy Webb was on Enough Rope a few weeks back, now that I found out he wrote Macarthur Park I'm disappointed Denton didn't call him out on it.

Slacker said:
I'm confident that it is a myth, but it makes a good story.

Jimmy Webb was on Enough Rope a few weeks back, now that I found out he wrote Macarthur Park I'm disappointed Denton didn't call him out on it.

I can't work out where I got that from!! I have been clinging to it for a few years

anything by aussie "celebs" from any soaps. the latest one being tamin.

Who sung 99 reasons? was it toni peren?

Remove this Banner Ad

What's the worst song you've ever heard?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back