Where are they now (delistings / retirements since 2005)

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeh, I think this is where you're missing....and I'm not throwing a jab.
I've lived in the USA the last 24 years.
College football is massive in a way that isn't really easily described. For many many living here, it's bigger and certainly more meaningful than the NFL.
College is where so many Americans find eachother, having left home, very often their State, and create community and friend groups they maintain the rest of their lives. manifesting allegiances to that Universities sporting teams that is every bit as feral and intense as anything you'd see from any supporter group in the World.

I've been to NBA, NFL, NHL, US Open Tennis and MLS games in various parts of this country.
My best - by far - experience was seeing the Kansas Jayhawks (Basketball) play at Allen Field House (Kansas University Basketball home venue).

It's literally guttural. The student section bounces and chants for near the entire game.
The atmosphere is another level than professional sports in the US.
My sports bucket list includes seeing USC at Notre Dame Stadium below the Golden Dome.

Tennessee University, as is most of the South in America, is rabid about football and feel more kinship because before NIL deals, the kids really did only play for the Jersey and the fanbase. The money in pro sports as well as casual loyalty pro athletes display before happily moving on to their next employer only bolds this more sharply.

Anyone who visits the US and wants a pure sporting experience should try and attend College Football and Basketball games.
You'll never forget it.
Totally agree, but I was more commenting that people are only keeping tabs on Ross because he's playing College ball.

Yeh, I think this is where you're missing....and I'm not throwing a jab.
I've lived in the USA the last 24 years.
College football is massive in a way that isn't really easily described. For many many living here, it's bigger and certainly more meaningful than the NFL.
College is where so many Americans find eachother, having left home, very often their State, and create community and friend groups they maintain the rest of their lives, manifesting allegiances to that University's sporting teams that is every bit as feral and intense as anything you'd see from any supporter group in the World.

I've been to NBA, NFL, NHL, US Open Tennis and MLS games in various parts of this country.
My best - by far - experience was seeing the Kansas Jayhawks (Basketball) play at Allen Field House (Kansas University Basketball home venue).

It's literally guttural. The student section bounces and chants for near the entire game.
The atmosphere is another level than professional sports in the US.
My sports bucket list includes seeing USC at Notre Dame Stadium below the Golden Dome.

Tennessee University, as is most of the South in America, is rabid about football and feel more kinship because before NIL deals, the kids really did only play for the Jersey and the fanbase. The money in pro sports as well as casual loyalty pro athletes display before happily moving on to their next employer only bolds this more sharply.

Anyone who visits the US and wants a pure sporting experience should try and attend College Football and Basketball games.
You'll never forget it.

Interesting.

I work with a lot of U.S teachers, and when I ask them if they follow NFL many have said 'not really, I'm more into college football', which I didn't really get at first, given it isn't the highest level of the sport, but makes more sense after reading this post.

My cousin played bball at college in the US.
At the first open training session they had , they got more to that than what he ever played in front of in the NBL or Europe in the pro's.

He wasn't even at a big name college . He said it was insane.
It's massive there. If you ever get to chat to someone who associated with a college you get a real feel for it.

Seeing him in that jumper.......he's dead to me.
Leaving Clint Eastwood GIF by GritTV

Remove this Banner Ad

Where are they now (delistings / retirements since 2005)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back