List Mgmt. Where are they now? (ex suns)

Remove this Banner Ad

Was it Craig Cameron who said if he had have been at the club at the time of the draft he wouldn't have even taken Scrimshaw in the national draft? Sneaky chance of winning All Australia selection for a year somewhere along the line. Good player.

Was it Craig Cameron who said if he had have been at the club at the time of the draft he wouldn't have even taken Scrimshaw in the national draft? Sneaky chance of winning All Australia selection for a year somewhere along the line. Good player.
Probably because of the go home factor he posed

Lyons said today after resigning with the Lions,

“They are a great bunch of players and a really supportive coaching staff who have created a culture that makes it an absolute pleasure to come to work each day."

Just sums it up.

Lyons said today after resigning with the Lions,

“They are a great bunch of players and a really supportive coaching staff who have created a culture that makes it an absolute pleasure to come to work each day."

Just sums it up.
Uggggh
Given The Coch is on record as saying he didn't agree with Lyons' treatment that's a kick to Dewy's ample guts when he's down

Probably because of the go home factor he posed

Nah, my recollection was it was due to not rating him. I'm pretty sure the narrative was Cameron didn't rate him at all and once he came in as the new list manager wanted him gone immediately. Words to the effect of "wouldn't have even taken him in the national draft if I was in charge of recruiting for that draft".

I could have mixed him up with other recruiters though, as there was a news artcile talking about Scrimshaw around the time he was being traded out that said a number of clubs didn't rate him as a national draft pick either; but pretty sure he was one too. Either way, he/ they were wrong.

Nah, my recollection was it was due to not rating him. I'm pretty sure the narrative was Cameron didn't rate him at all and once he came in as the new list manager wanted him gone immediately. Words to the effect of "wouldn't have even taken him in the national draft if I was in charge of recruiting for that draft".

I could have mixed him up with other recruiters though, as there was a news artcile talking about Scrimshaw around the time he was being traded out that said a number of clubs didn't rate him as a national draft pick either; but pretty sure he was one too. Either way, he/ they were wrong.
Story had it that half of the recruiters wouldn’t have drafted him. Not based on talent but whether he had the desire or work ethic to make it etc.
Cameron’s comments were along the lines of that he might struggle to play good footy in the Gold Coast environment. They all rated his talent. It was a massive blunder for us or any other interstate club to have drafted him really.

The top 30 was pretty interesting from that draft.
Lots of decent players but fairly even across the board and in hindsight having 4 picks 4-10 in a draft where picks 4-30 look pretty even is not a great place to be.

Ridley, Bolton, English look really good but might have been considered a 'reach' at 6.

Perhaps an error of our scouting and list management that we didn't realise this and trade one or two of those higher picks for either
- Good mature players
- 2 picks in the 20's
- Forward to 2017 (can't recall if you could at that point)

We got Witts, Hanley, Lyons in that year
Losing Prestia and O'Meara

Brad Hill, Jack Steele, Tom Mitchell, Sam Mitchell, Michael Hibberd, Joel Hamling all changed clubs.

Add Steele and Hibberd into the team for the past 4 years would have toughened us up a fair bit..

Jack Martin looks to have had another weak game for carlton.

12 possessions @67%, 2 behinds, 3 pressure acts for the entire game.

Lowest rated blue for AFL ratings.

having a stinker of a year
6 games, 5 goals, 12 disposals, 4.5 marks, barely tackles or provides any defensive pressure.

not looking like a 3 million dollar player for them at the moment.

Last edited:

6 games, 5 goals, 12 disposals, 4.5 marks, barely tackles or provides any defensive pressure.

We got overs in that trade.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Watched the Essendon game. 2MP is struggling big time. It feels like they're almost using him as a decoy? Just not impacting at all, and when he gets the ball he's just hand balling it to someone else. This guy is a prodigious field kick for his size. I thought he'd go really well in the ruck that can rest forward, but just doesn't even seem to be getting used.

He can get the ball pretty easy but misses the easiest set shots. Can’t see it changing

No-one doubted his ability but his father used to post on here regularly gloating about dinners with Clarko and going home
It's why he only played reserves here

My memory is Scrimshaw’s father said he had encouraged Jack to stay with the Suns. I think the family was even planning to buy a property on the Gold Coast, so they could help him feel at home. After it became obvious the Suns wanted to offload Jack due to salary cap issues, his father shared video highlights of his son on the BigFooty boards of several clubs. I don’t blame him for doing that. The boy can play & his career was at a crossroad. I imagine Jack & his family would all be rapt that he is now doing well at the club they supported all along

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

My memory is Scrimshaw’s father said he had encouraged Jack to stay with the Suns. I think the family was even planning to buy a property on the Gold Coast, so they could help him feel at home. After it became obvious the Suns wanted to offload Jack due to salary cap issues, his father shared video highlights of his son on the BigFooty boards of several clubs. I don’t blame him for doing that. The boy can play & his career was at a crossroad. I imagine Jack & his family would all be rapt that he is now doing well at the club they supported all along

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Not here to doubt your memory but if Scrimshaw was taken at Pick 7 in the 2016 draft and was on the usual 2 yr contract for rookies, why would it be salary cap issues that forced him out. He was only with us for those 2 yrs where he played 4 games.....surely it had to be something else as the major reason.
But agree with your last part. He is doing very well and has developed into a very good defender for the Hawks.

Scrimsook was enabled to sook it up to new levels of sooking it up never seen before for a young adult on great money who’s first employment posting was the awesome and beautiful Gold Coast.

The way he’d carry on about how tough he had it used to make me want to puke my guts up when I think of such as examples as a Policeman sent to Wilcannia, or a Graduate Nurse sent to Gulargambone or a Primary School Teacher posted to Charters Towers.

Poor Scrimsook on the other hand was posted to the Gold Coast surrounded by young blokes his own age and a more than adequate support network and pay packet.

Boo Hoo

Not here to doubt your memory but if Scrimshaw was taken at Pick 7 in the 2016 draft and was on the usual 2 yr contract for rookies, why would it be salary cap issues that forced him out. He was only with us for those 2 yrs where he played 4 games.....surely it had to be something else as the major reason.
But agree with your last part. He is doing very well and has developed into a very good defender for the Hawks.

Because he was almost immediately signed to a contract upon being drafted for $400K for years 3 & 4 and when the new administration in Cameron came in the year following that draft, they carried preferences that they had when they were at other clubs at the time of that draft, and therefore wanted him gone as he hadn't come on yet at the Suns and they didn't rate him at the time of the draft either.

All the 1st rounders were getting insta-signed to $400K contracts for years 3 & 4, and in 2016 there were 4 of them drafted at once in Ainsworth, Brodie, Scrimshaw and Bowes, and it was too much taken from a cap that was already in a bad way.

Because he was almost immediately signed to a contract upon being drafted for $400K for years 3 & 4 and when the new administration in Cameron came in the year following that draft, they carried preferences that they had when they were at other clubs at the time of that draft, and therefore wanted him gone as he hadn't come on yet at the Suns and they didn't rate him at the time of the draft either.

All the 1st rounders were getting insta-signed to $400K contracts for years 3 & 4, and in 2016 there were 4 of them drafted at once in Ainsworth, Brodie, Scrimshaw and Bowes, and it was too much taken from a cap that was already in a bad way.

Thanks for that.......thought there had to be more to it than the normal 2yr deal for rookies.

I note Jack Martin continues his stellar run of form
Bites a bit we didn't get anything for him, but on the other hand , we didn't get anything for him;)

I note Jack Martin continues his stellar run of form
Bites a bit we didn't get anything for him, but on the other hand , we didn't get anything for him;)
Lazy and looks disinterested. If he stayed he’d be taking up $750K cap space. Dodged a massive bullet there

I
Lazy and looks disinterested. If he stayed he’d be taking up $750K cap space. Dodged a massive bullet there
I used to think he was really resilient because he used to string lots of games together without injury
Then I started questioning why he wasn't getting injured and was stringing lots of games together

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Where are they now? (ex suns)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back