List Mgmt. Where are they now? (ex suns)

Remove this Banner Ad

Josh Toy will be playing for Moonee Valley next season.

The anticipation has gone to another level with ex-Gold Coast Sun player Josh Toy confirmed as the latest signing on Tuesday.

Toy has spent the last two seasons in country footy with King Valley in the Ovens and King league.

He played alongside Horne when the pair were together at PEGS in 2022.

“He’s another front line and experienced player,” Horne said.

“Josh has already got some really good connections at the club already through some school mates and best mates.”

Port Adelaide recruit Jack Lukosius says it took him a while to realise that leaving Gold Coast and returning to South Australia would be the best move for his career.
Lukosius wanted to stay at the Suns but queries – from both sides – about his fit in Damien Hardwick’s game plan led to open talks with the club about a potential exit.

People close to the 24-year-old swingman convinced him he needed to change teams to fulfil his potential.

“Especially this season, I was very committed to the Gold Coast and didn’t want to talk to any other clubs,” said Lukosius, who played 116 games for the Suns across six seasons.

“There’s nothing more I wanted than to play finals and succeed up there.

“I’m pretty flat I won’t be able to achieve that.

“I think the new system and game plan they implemented under Dimma (Hardwick) wasn’t quite suiting me.

“They were open to (a move) – we had a pretty open chat in my exit (interview) – they said the way we play here might not suit your strengths and the way you play.

“All the important people were all aligned that this was the best move.

“It took me a while to realise, but I’m very grateful.”

Feel kinda bad for Luko. It is obviously he didn’t want to go. I personally feel we didn’t use him well. It may end up being best for his career though. If Port play to his strengths, he could be a real weapon. But if they want him to replace Dixon as a key forward, well…

Feel kinda bad for Luko. It is obviously he didn’t want to go. I personally feel we didn’t use him well. It may end up being best for his career though. If Port play to his strengths, he could be a real weapon. But if they want him to replace Dixon as a key forward, well…
Yeah its real sad. He planned on being there for the long haul and sticking all together, the group of them.
Things change, but maybe they should have had more patience in him and let him grow his game to suit the way the team wants to play.

Yeah its real sad. He planned on being there for the long haul and sticking all together, the group of them.
Things change, but maybe they should have had more patience in him and let him grow his game to suit the way the team wants to play.
Yeah. And his contract is on the club. We backended it. Then we pushed him out. And the coach couldn’t make him work the same way he had in previous years.

Him leaving does make some sense, but I’m not sure our forward line is ultimately better for it, at least in the short term.

Yeah. And his contract is on the club. We backended it. Then we pushed him out. And the coach couldn’t make him work the same way he had in previous years.

Him leaving does make some sense, but I’m not sure our forward line is ultimately better for it, at least in the short term.
I don't think primary reason to push him out was his salary. Right or wrong Dimma did not see him in his plans after drafting Walter, Read and earlier Andrew.

Smart to back end his contract in retrospective 😂

My take is that this was an incredibly mature move by the club. We did the best thing by hia career no matter how much it hurts him emotionally short term and for the club we freed up cap, extracted the maximum value before it could have potentially been watered down to F all from a bad year in the 2s and built the list more around the game plan rather than trying to fit a round peg in a square hole.

I always loved Luko and it's quite endearing to us and his character to hear how sad he is/not shitting on the club. Wish you the absolute best Jack, hope you become what your potential deserves.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Where are they now? (ex suns)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back