Where do Collingwood fans see there team in 3 years?

Remove this Banner Ad

Pav for AA

Premiership Player
Suspended
Jun 27, 2005
From a land down under
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Freo
Now, Im as smart as they come in terms of determining the future of a club fortunes, the future I see for the Pies is, well bleak.

Eddie will leave, there goes a huge portion of sponsorship dollars, his bargaining power will be lost.

Mick will be gone.

What is left?

A substandard list. I mean what were the Pies thinking letting go of there only foward of class.

Will the blunders continue or will a miracle or at the Lexus Centre?

Collingwood may end up the new Carlton :thumbsu:

Let's see 3 years you say?

Retired by then would probably be Burns, Buckley, Wakelin, Prestigiacomo, Licuria.

Shaw, Pendlebury, Thomas, O'Brien, Rusling and maybe Iles will be keys to the side.

If we can keep it up we'd probably still be playing finals, depending on how we draft in that period, even now we have some unknowns that have yet to be thrown into the mix.

Really hard to say where we will be in 3 years, I doubt we'd fall like Carlton have, we'd have to do what they have done and get stripped of picks, to fall that far. Our list is relatively young, by then they'd be experienced and be ready to step up.

Now, Im as smart as they come in terms of determining the future of a club fortunes, the future I see for the Pies is, well bleak.

Eddie will leave, there goes a huge portion of sponsorship dollars, his bargaining power will be lost.

Mick will be gone.

What is left?

A substandard list. I mean what were the Pies thinking letting go of there only foward of class.

Collingwood may end up the new Carlton :thumbsu:

I think Collingwood will still be ok in three years, for a couple of reasons:

The AFL will gift wrap them a draw that will only see them travel 4 or 5 times a year while the rest of the season will see them play at the MCG,

The tribunal will, if 2006 is any guide, either throw out any charge drawn against a Collingwood player or give ridiculously light sentences that will see even the most serious charge only receive a 1-2 week penalty at the most, while players from other clubs will still receive a week or two for the lightest ever love-taps to an opposition player's midriff.

The AFL will gift wrap them a draw that will only see them travel 4 or 5 times a year while the rest of the season will see them play at the MCG,

The tribunal will, if 2006 is any guide, either throw out any charge drawn against a Collingwood player or give ridiculously light sentences that will see even the most serious charge only receive a 1-2 week penalty at the most, while players from other clubs will still receive a week or two for the lightest ever love-taps to an opposition player's midriff.
Gotta love the handbag's excuses.

I see our team playing Finals in the next 3 years as we should....

I see our current coach standing down at seasons end and our new Coach getting us into the 2008 Grand Final. I then see a period of Magpie Domination both on and off the field as the AFL bend and buckle to our whims and fancies.

BTW I also see Carlton FC becoming a shadow of what the once were, mirroring the Fitzroy FC of the 80's.

Collingwood have got a future, some kids have impressed and they'll only improve, and the likes of Didak and Swan will learn new tricks from experience.

I reckon we'll be a genuine premiership threat in 2 -3 years.

Throw picks 8 and 10 in there, coupled with some young stars, and you've got a pretty decent future. Can't see a flag, but can see some decent finals action.

as well demonstrated when brodie holland was given the ridulously light sentence of 6 weeks for a hip and shoulder. :cool:

But you are being effectively stripped of picks
By finishing artificially high each year you are being stripped of the lower order draft picks your team desearves and needs.

We only 'deserve' and 'need' them if our team finishes down the bottom, personally I like where we are now, I'd like to improve on that and not finish down near the bottom and get picks for it.

Throw picks 8 and 10 in there, coupled with some young stars, and you've got a pretty decent future. Can't see a flag, but can see some decent finals action.

We're going to need to improve on our last finals attempt if we are going to get near a premiership, we managed to put behind a bad start to the season (losing to Adelaide) and then slumped after the Sydney game, so there are some good signs there already if we can replace the loses with equally as good players as to what we are losing then there could be one in a few years.

I don't think it will be under Mick though.

as well demonstrated when brodie holland was given the ridulously light sentence of 6 weeks for a hip and shoulder. :cool:

Come on, it was soft, he should have gotten at least 12 games, damn AFL going easy on Collingwood players.

:thumbsu:

Tarrant was a hack according to you earlier in the season.

And Blunders with DRAFTING.
Youv'e got to laugh at that coming from a Freo supporter.

I agree that they are not getting the picks they need. Their young playing group does not compare to any of the other younger groups from other clubs.

Bleak times for Collingwood ahead.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think the Pies list is one of the worst in the comp. I am expecting them to finish between 13-16 next year and remain around the bottom for a few more years to come. Troubling times on the field. Thin list!

I think the Pies list is one of the worst in the comp. I am expecting them to finish between 13-16 next year and remain around the bottom for a few more years to come. Troubling times on the field. Thin list!

There is no way we are going to take a giant step back again after getting so far, we were completive when were flying, and then we hit a speed bump, I think once the team matures it might be set for some finals yet.

The worry is the aging players we have, but I think with some of our picks we can fix that problem in due time.

cause essendon's list is just bulging with talent!

the lowest i could see us dropping next year would be 9-12.

I like the optimism, and the belief that your side is actually bound for glory, it's a refreshing change from the psyche of the Richmond supporter, who actually know how bad there side is. :thumbsu:

However Im not sure this optimism will halt the incoming failure, I see a bleak future for the pies :thumbsu: only for the next decade at least :thumbsu:

I like the optimism, and the belief that your side is actually bound for glory, it's a refreshing change from the psyche of the Richmond supporter, who actually know how bad there side is. :thumbsu:

However Im not sure this optimism will halt the incoming failure, I see a bleak future for the pies :thumbsu: only for the next decade at least :thumbsu:
We'll see.

We're a chance to sneak into the bottom 4 of the 8 next year, but jeez we will be building a very good side for the future if we get early picks the next few years to come through with Rusling, Egan, T Cloke, Pendlebury, Thomas, Picks 8 & 10, Didak, Fraser, Johnson, Swan and co

3 years I suspect we will be about where we were in 2001, fringe of the 8 but coming like a steam train to make Grand Finals

(last day in September for the Freo fans unaware of this annually staged event)

Actually that's a good estimation of the Hawks, high draft picks and will 'there abouts' in the finals.

Remove this Banner Ad

Where do Collingwood fans see there team in 3 years?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back