Where the AFL learned to rig its games

Remove this Banner Ad

RJK Tiger

Premiership Player
Oct 29, 2020
AFL Club
Richmond
As Richmond supporters we all felt something was off with our games during the 2021-2022-23 seasons with the way we were reffed

How many times did you see a game where Richmond had wrestled control of the game against a elite opponent mid-way through the 2nd quarter, only for the opponent to get 3 goals in the final 5-7 minutes due to a series of questionable or tiggy-touch fouls?

- ( 1 minute mark )

And the players knew it

What Bill Burr explains is 100% what happened with us.

The team would go up by 20-30 points in the 2nd, we would then see our lead shrunk late due to a run of soft, questionable free's.. The second half started with the momentum all messed up & the 3rd would be played more openly, but in the 4th we saw the the umps re-evaluate and often pull a few more random, unbelieveable calls to sway it enough to get the result. ARC-GATE was the most brazen of these calls.

The AFL has never had an original idea in its life. The game is 100% unique, but the way it has been ran is 100% a "copy of a copy"

As Richmond supporters we all felt something was off with our games during the 2021-2022-23 seasons with the way we were reffed

How many times did you see a game where Richmond had wrestled control of the game against a elite opponent mid-way through the 2nd quarter, only for the opponent to get 3 goals in the final 5-7 minutes due to a series of questionable or tiggy-touch fouls?

- ( 1 minute mark )

And the players knew it

The team would go up by 20-30 points in the 2nd, we would then see our lead shrunk late due to a run of soft, questionable free's.. The second half started with the momentum all messed up & the 3rd would be played more openly, but in the 4th we saw the the umps re-evaluate and often pull a few more random, unbelieveable calls to sway it enough to get the result. ARC-GATE was the most brazen of these calls.

The AFL has never had an original idea in its life. The game is 100% unique, but the way it has been ran is 100% a "copy of a copy"

Balta clapping the umpires gif. Who has it? Post it up.

- ( 1 minute mark )

And the players knew it

Can I take off my tin foil hat now? I’ve been calling match fixing for some time , it’s interesting that UEFaA have appointed a ref that was banned for match fixing in 2005 for the semi final England is playing tomorrow morning , has the potential to blow up in their faces

The AFL I think got the idea to rig games after they got away with daylight robbery of the 2016 Grand Final. I have rewatched that Granny about 3 times because every 2 or so years I end up thinking "Nah I am just biased, there is no way that it was that bad" and then I am just raging by the third quarter.

The AFL then saw the bottom line explode with us. I have watched 2017 about 30 times and yeah, there are some frees that were missed for Adelaide (the biggest one was that play when Riewoldt has a clear grab of Talia's jumper near the square and does the 'sail' with the jumper. That should of been paid), but after half time when we just came out and dominated them, the AFL were allowed to relax.

You can then tell they didn't like the potential of us dominating like Hawthorn. They were happy that Gastro went through the club and Dusty's leg killed us against Collingwood. It was best for the game that Collingwood made a Grand Final and that an interstate team won the flag.

From 19 though, they really wanted to stop our run. The problem was that we just showed up and turned games.

The issue with the game of AFL is that the size of the field is so large and that there are so many variables that need to try and be controlled to match fix without it seeming way too obvious. The other thing is that they want the match sorted before the last 5 minutes. If there is a contentious free in the last 2 minutes then it will be scrutinised to death and they will have the heat put on them. But 5 or 7 minutes left? Go bananas because no one will likely remember.

I always get the feeling sometimes that matches have an agenda when the sides are close. I get the feeling that what the AFL want at the end of the year is;
1. Both Sydney sides in the 8
2. Gold Coast in the 8 or just outside it
3. Essendon and Carlton at minimum in the 8. If either of those 2 can't make it then they want the Pies in
4. At least 1 WA side in the 8

You get the feeling that they look at the game at the start of the year and say "We have our KPIs as there is a drop off in viewership and participation in these markets so we need to try and give them a leg up" and then they reassess and reload at about round 12 or so.

The AFL I think got the idea to rig games after they got away with daylight robbery of the 2016 Grand Final. I have rewatched that Granny about 3 times because every 2 or so years I end up thinking "Nah I am just biased, there is no way that it was that bad" and then I am just raging by the third quarter.

The AFL then saw the bottom line explode with us. I have watched 2017 about 30 times and yeah, there are some frees that were missed for Adelaide (the biggest one was that play when Riewoldt has a clear grab of Talia's jumper near the square and does the 'sail' with the jumper. That should of been paid), but after half time when we just came out and dominated them, the AFL were allowed to relax.

You can then tell they didn't like the potential of us dominating like Hawthorn. They were happy that Gastro went through the club and Dusty's leg killed us against Collingwood. It was best for the game that Collingwood made a Grand Final and that an interstate team won the flag.

From 19 though, they really wanted to stop our run. The problem was that we just showed up and turned games.

The issue with the game of AFL is that the size of the field is so large and that there are so many variables that need to try and be controlled to match fix without it seeming way too obvious. The other thing is that they want the match sorted before the last 5 minutes. If there is a contentious free in the last 2 minutes then it will be scrutinised to death and they will have the heat put on them. But 5 or 7 minutes left? Go bananas because no one will likely remember.

I always get the feeling sometimes that matches have an agenda when the sides are close. I get the feeling that what the AFL want at the end of the year is;
1. Both Sydney sides in the 8
2. Gold Coast in the 8 or just outside it
3. Essendon and Carlton at minimum in the 8. If either of those 2 can't make it then they want the Pies in
4. At least 1 WA side in the 8

You get the feeling that they look at the game at the start of the year and say "We have our KPIs as there is a drop off in viewership and participation in these markets so we need to try and give them a leg up" and then they reassess and reload at about round 12 or so.

My belief on 2020 is, the couldn't afford to influence the games anymore than they did and they needed a legit "Classic" to make it not feel like an * year.

The thing that likely stopped them influecing 2020 as well was...... The Lions played the Cats in the Prelim.

The most interesting GF that year from the prelims was "anyone but Port" to be honest - They would have been pretty happy with a "Cats v Lions" too - but a Cats V Tiger was the classic that summed up an era. Ablett V Dusty. Hawkins V Riewoldt. Cotchin V Selwood. A Port Vs Lions would have made the year an (*) for sure, as both teams played almost entirely at home. I think the influencing always happens based on other results first. So, if Port had beaten us on the Friday - the Cats would have been the team the AFL wanted to get through to avoid the "2 homers" situation. When we won, they would have been perfectly fine with either result in the Cats v Lions game, as both results were "good for the game". A Lions V Tigers GF would have been a nightmare for us tho -i was very happy when Geelong won.

There was no reason to "rig it". And once Richmond made it, the money was always going to be most green if we won.

Over the past few days i have watched a number of videos of NBA former players flat out calling out the rigging.

Its made me lose a lot of respect for our players and former players. They are total simps. NBA players have zero ****s about calling out the corruption, yet our athletes are legit the most simp-cuck bitch ass hoes ever. Who speaks up about anything, ever in the AFL? Could you imagine any former player speaking like Rasheed Wallace? Dude legit use to tell the refs, "dont forget bitch, you gotta leave this stadium. Out there my homies can **** you up and burn down your store!"

Would you like to know more?

If not then, then you can watch this one

Last edited:
My belief on 2020 is, the couldn't afford to influence the games anymore than they did and they needed a legit "Classic" to make it not feel like an * year.

The thing that likely stopped them influecing 2020 as well was...... The Lions played the Cats in the Prelim.

The most interesting GF that year from the prelims was "anyone but Port" to be honest - They would have been pretty happy with a "Cats v Lions" too - but a Cats V Tiger was the classic that summed up an era. Ablett V Dusty. Hawkins V Riewoldt. Cotchin V Selwood.

There was no reason to "rig it". And once Richmond made it, the money was always going to be most green if we won.

Over the past few days i have watched a number of videos of NBA former players flat out calling out the rigging.

Its made me lose a lot of respect for our players and former players. They are total simps. NBA players have zero *s about calling out the corruption, yet our athletes are legit the most simp-cuck bitch ass hoes ever. Who speaks up about anything, ever in the AFL? Could you imagine any former player speaking like Rasheed Wallace? Dude legit use to tell the refs, "dont forget bitch, you gotta leave this stadium. Out there my homies can * you up and burn down your store!"

Would you like to know more?

If not then, then you can watch this one

But but but that’s overseas the people clamor , we are Australians we are whiter than white just ask any Australian , wether it be drugs in sport match fixing , points shaving it only happens (insert country ) never in Australia

First time I noticed something was up was that game v swans in early 21 , like we re playing against an extra 4 , we were dead set cornholed that day frees 15-25 , and it soon became a theme
I’d love a QC to review that game , other noticeable rorts
2017 shai goal overturned by a blurred image arc said oh we can’t be convinced he didn’t touch it , rules since changed
V GC at marvel jack kicks a blinder from boundary post height , overturned coz lynch had a push and shove on goal line , like when that ever happen
V GC no one in our F50 we kick a long bomb in , GC defender on his own punches it thru from like 10m out , no tiger within 50m ,,,simply cheating
22 elim ARC decision , do I need to say anymore
I could go on and on and on

First time I noticed something was up was that game v swans in early 21 , like we re playing against an extra 4 , we were dead set cornholed that day frees 15-25 , and it soon became a theme
2017 shai goal overturned by a blurred image arc said oh we can’t be convinced he didn’t touch it , rules since changed
V GC at marvel jack kicks a blinder from boundary post height , overturned coz lynch had a push and shove on goal line , like when that ever happen
V GC no one in our F50 we kick a long bomb in , GC defender on his own punches it thru from like 10m out , no tiger within 50m ,,,simply cheating
And I wear the tin foil hat people say

Deleted Kayo after that GC game. What a rort. 😂

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm still pissed at that SYD game where we got a free kick, siren went and the player kicked it into the stands which should've resulted in a 50m
100%. "Common Sense" in rules are for things that occur outside your control. For example let's say you are being tackled and swung and whilst being swung your shoulder contects with an oppo jaw and they are knocked out. The "Common Sense" test there is that you shouldn't be punished for that because it was not a situation you were in control of.

In that game there is no "Common Sense" ruling for not giving the ball back after a free. There is no leniency when playing in front of a big crowd when the player cant hear the whistle and it is the exact same situation.

Remember when Shorty dived to stop a goal against the druggies and that little dweeb rushed in and did him in for deliberate rushed behind.

Shorty again getting done for deliberate OOB in a close game against the dogs at Marvel, it was in our F50 i think.

Jack getting done studs up twice in a game against the eagles i think it was.

There is just so many i could spend a day listing them all.

Remember when Shorty dived to stop a goal against the druggies and that little dweeb rushed in and did him in for deliberate rushed behind.

Shorty again getting done for deliberate OOB in a close game against the dogs at Marvel, it was in our F50 i think.

Jack getting done studs up twice in a game against the eagles i think it was.

There is just so many i could spend a day listing them all.
V freo caddy kicks a bomb from outside 50 , overturned coz jack touched the fb,,, anyone watched hawkins literally bear hug opponent on the line with his crude shepherds , never ever called

Where the AFL learned to rig its games

Remove this Banner Ad

Back