Votes: 2 1.6%
  • Nick Dal Santo

Votes: 8 6.4%
  • Xavier Ellis

Votes: 6 4.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Talked to a player agent said North throwing money at him. He would add some pace in the midfield and some much needed skills, would also take a load of Wells.

North do need a player like cooney as you said to help Wells, Ziebell, Cunners and Swallow to dig in for the hardball, and Bastinac Wells and Cooney on the outside, i like it alot.

However wasnt there talk of cooney retiring early into the season due to consistant knee problems

I like the thought of Cooney, but too bad he can't get on the ground long enough without getting re-injured.

North do need a player like cooney as you said to help Wells, Ziebell, Cunners and Swallow to dig in for the hardball, and Bastinac Wells and Cooney on the outside, i like it alot.

However wasnt there talk of cooney retiring early into the season due to consistant knee problems

Cooney's having he's best season since 2010, he's knee seems to be managed well atm, if uz r throwing money at cooney by all means do so as we could get a 1st rounder for him if its alotta money etc 600k+, I'd say it only be a 2-3 year deal for him though

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Matt Stokes would help us out alot I reckon & would take alotta pressure off Dahlhaus as a small forward, Stokes ability to play high half forward aswell is an asset & if Gia retires he could be a great replacement for us in a similar role & is 3-4 years younger, a fit Daisy would improve nearly any team too, we will probably go after Crameri via trade/PSD too, we should have plenty of salary cap money atm

Cooney's having he's best season since 2010, he's knee seems to be managed well atm, if uz r throwing money at cooney by all means do so as we could get a 1st rounder for him if its alotta money etc 600k+, I'd say it only be a 2-3 year deal for him though

c3d0981ae770f926eedf4eda7505b006.jpeg

Adam Cooney still has a few good seasons left in him. I wouldn't mind him in our midfield or off half-back. Would cause another problem for the opposition

Thomas would be the best of the 'most realistic options' for mine - though I can't see hi m leaving the Pies or us having the cap space to squeeze him in. Would top off our midfield nicely :thumbsu:

Thomas would be the best of the 'most realistic options' for mine - though I can't see hi m leaving the Pies or us having the cap space to squeeze him in. Would top off our midfield nicely :thumbsu:
Then how is he in any way a 'realistic option'?

Either Thomas or Sylvia for Hawthorn I would be looking for. And as the Pies are the pies and are far more likelier to be a top 4 side last year (no offence Demon supporters) I would prefer to get Thomas. Also, Thomas' price would of gone down with all his ankle troubles this year.

I reckon some of the best shopping might be a Sylvia or Cooney into an already-strong team to put them over the top.

Can't think of a reason a team like the Bombers wouldn't have a shot at 'em. Short-ish term, pay 'em their money, ditch 'em if it doesn't work out. Help for Jobe and some ready-to-go, mature bodied class. For the loss of no assets.

A fit Thomas would be great at most clubs, but I'm not sure a fit Thomas is available.

Buddy can only land in two places: stay with the Hawks or take GWS megabucks. Why would he conceivable come to Carlton "for money" when there's way MORE money on offer at GWS? If you're going for cash, you go for CAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA$$$$$$$$$$$H.

Freo would be a 3rd option if he wants to come back home to join his family. Freo are apparently offering 1.5 million dollars a year on a 4-5 year contract..... That said I am Hoping freo land Dale Thomas on a 4-5 year deal worth $700-800,000 a year.

The guys I really want wouldn't fit in the cap.

Sylvia might be available cheaper as would Melbourne really force him to stay? At a top club might perform more consistently and add a bit. But really, I'm not particularly fussed over Free Agents, want to keep the talls we have first.

Remove this Banner Ad

Which Free Agent Would You Sign?

Back