Which player from another club do you like or feel good for?

Remove this Banner Ad

Bont & Trac are unhateable, they’d be some of the more widely beloved star players in recent times, have that vintage transcendent appeal and aren’t remotely abrasive. Bont has never exactly been a fave but he is downright messianic this year and every other club would be envious of his leadership.

McCluggage has been my personal fave oppo since his debut year, followed his career avidly.

He played in the 2017 Qualifying final against Richmond and looked like a kid playing against men, l thought “this kid will never make it”.
Have kept an eye on him since and he’s developed into a good player.
I thought the same about Titch Edwards when I first saw him play.

300 games and 3 flags later... what tf do I know, huh?

Patrick Cripps. Absolute gun who has done everything he can to make the Blues a power. Toby Greene...big fan even though he's done some silly things on the field. Great little footballer.

Always been a huge fan of Isaac Heeney and unashamed to say it for several years.
Not just this year but from the start of his career. Always knew he would do great things but injuries along the way
prevented him getting to his full potential but has now excelled in every way.

Touch, skillfull, leader, footy intelligence, and not a dirty player either. Just an absolute star of the game
that is universally loved by most fans. Bit like the universal love for big Roughy by everyone I have met.

Last edited:
Bont- just enjoy watching him play football, great leader of men

Pendelbery - all class with the unique ability to slow the play down with chaos around him..#400 games speaks volumes

10 off the top of my head...

Bontempelli
Heeney
Nick Daicos
Jeremy Cameron
Hogan
Petracca
Gulden
Liam Ryan
Pendlebury in his prime
Dusty in his prime

Brody Mihocek is someone I’ve always admired, just seems to give his heart and soul every week & made the AFL the hard way.

Glad someone neutral has noticed this. He has honestly been our most reliable player this year aside from maybe Holmes.

Yes Stengle, Cameron and Stewart are all likely to feature in more AA discussions etc and coaches votes but don’t be surprised to see this guy very high in the B and F. He doesn’t intercept like Stewart but has basically taken over his job in ‘running’ the back 6 and being Mr Dependable back there. He simply doesn’t make mistakes and I think I speak for all Cats fans when I say when he is near the ball or has it, we breathe easy.

On the topic, couldn’t agree more with Hogan, Bontempelli, still have a lot of time for Tim Kelly not just as an ex Cat but love the way he’s kept up his output in some awful Eagles teams without shirking it.

Chris Grant in years gone by. Absolutely loved him.

I hope Zach's our next captain or at the very least, in the discussion.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Probably Jesse Hogan

Jesse Hogan and Bobby Dazzler.

I'm a massive fan of Liam Baker, just love the little bloke. Plays way above his weight, and a heart as big as Phar Lap.

And how could you not love Zach Tuohy? Not often you still like a player after they leave your club in whatever circumstances, but he's an absolute gem. His interviews are hilarious.

I'm also a big fan of Jarrod Witts....the most honest footballer going around. Underrated, and just gives everything every time he runs out. Huge admiration for the big lug....
Liam is going to be sorely missed at the Tigers next year.

Nice to see a bit of appreciation for him from an oppo supporter, during trade discussions on the Richmond board he is severely under valued IMO.

Toby Greene.

I love the way he has matured enough to be made GWS captain.

Sublime footballer.

Bont
Naicos
Rowell
Mac Andrew
Jeremy Cameron
JHF
Keidean Coleman
Sam Darcy
De Konings
Patrick Voss

His first two thirds of 2015 before he started having some niggles is close to the best footy i had ever seen in my life. Even in the 2015 prelim on one leg i was still terrified of him as a Hawks fan.
It honestly felt like we had found a cheat code - it isn't possible to be unbiased as a Freo fan but for large parts of 2014 and as you said the first 13/14 rounds of 2015 he is the best player I have seen play the game since I moved here in the early 2010s. I just think the slightly aloof/figjam nature of Fyfe in the media at the time (plus the fact he plays for Freo) is one of the reasons he doesn't get the plaudits he deserves. It's easy to forget that by 2019 he had the highest average brownlow votes per game of anyone who had played over 100 games in the history of the game (the only player other than Hadyn Bunton Jr to poll over 1 vote per game on average - although I suspect N Daicos is probably close now).

It's pretty hard watching Fyfe go around now - he's serviceable to an extent, but jeez he isn't even a shadow of his former self.

Also - I feel I am obliged on behalf of all Freo fans to point out he didn't have 'niggles' in the back end of 2015. He was carrying a severe leg injury from an off the ball knee to the thigh from a certain S Mitchell in Round 15. It's one of the reasons why most Freo fans are not rooting for Hawks at the moment. You might be the most fun team to watch but as far as we are concerned your head coach is a total grub.

Running quickly through most teams mentally:

Adelaide: J Dawson at a stretch, but a rather unlikeable list.
Brisbane: W Ashcroft, K Lohmann, D Wilmot, H Andrews
Carlton: S Docherty, S Walsh, H McKay.
Essendon: J Ridley, Z Merrett, N Caddy
Fremantle: H Young, A Pearce, M Frederick. Serong and Aish borderline - though Aish curious as I despised him at the Pies.
Geelong: M Holmes
Gold Coast: M Andrew, N Anderson
GWS: J Kelly
Hawthorn: L Breust, D Moore, W Day. Glad to see Ginnivan doing alright too.
North: C McKercher
Melbourne: C Petracca.
Port: JHF, J Burgoyne, T Boak
Richmond: Balta and Lynch are great to watch but likeable a stretch.
St Kilda: R Marshall, J Steele, D Wilson
Sydney: E Gulden, L Parker
Dogs: A Treloar, S Darcy
Eagles: O Allen, H Reid. Duggan is growing on me.

Remove this Banner Ad

Which player from another club do you like or feel good for?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back