which player has the most natural talent?

Remove this Banner Ad

Originally posted by Crow-mosone
and a thousand miles from the leagues most talented player

:rolleyes:

Your credibility on all things football has just dropped off the radar. There may be some more talented thats open to debate. But to say he is a thousand miles off is horsesh*t.

Cupido is super fast, has cat like reflexes , is wonderfully balanced and kicks beautifully off both feet. Thats a fair start i would imagine on most footballers.

James Hird said after the Anzac day match that Cupido was the most gifted player on essendons list. Thats a fair endorsement from a bloke he is pretty gifted himself.

Originally posted by marcuz
:rolleyes:

Your credibility on all things football has just dropped off the radar. There may be some more talented thats open to debate. But to say he is a thousand miles off is horsesh*t.

Cupido is super fast, has cat like reflexes , is wonderfully balanced and kicks beautifully off both feet. Thats a fair start i would imagine on most footballers.

James Hird said after the Anzac day match that Cupido was the most gifted player on essendons list. Thats a fair endorsement from a bloke he is pretty gifted himself.

Cupido has an awful lot to prove, if you guys want to annoint him before he achieves anything go ahead.

I said after the crows/bombers match at footy park this year, that Cupido is another mercurial player that lacks heart and discipline.
who are a dime a dozen. there are plenty of elements of the game that cupido is not even interested in, which puts him out of this discussion.

I won't say he does not have some tools, but he does not belong in this discussion.

For someone to talk about a player, any player as amongst the leagues most talented players, who has achieved as little as cupido betrays their deepseated lack of understanding of this game.

I guess I'll put my hat in the ring, for ability to do things other players can't, across the full range of skills I'll say McLeod followed by Voss.
McLeod has wonderful pure skills but is strong, lays tackles, reads the play, and creates.
Voss lacks pure mercurial ability, but has mastered every element of the game. from a technical to a physical standpoint, there's talent in that. As a whole, there is no better player

Goodes ability to do things other players his size can't says a lot about his gifts also. That was once true of hird as well.

Originally posted by Crow-mosone
Cupido has an awful lot to prove, if you guys want to annoint him before he achieves anything go ahead.

I think your missing the whole point to this thread. Its not about acheivments. Its about natural football ability. And the game comes as easily to damian than most players.

Lacks heart, not hard enough has **** all to do with being gifted.

He has all the weopons needed to be a very good footballer. The only thing that will hold him back is his attitude it certainly won't be ability.

Originally posted by LC_15
I have to say vossy would be the most talented player in the league. I could watch him play all the time, he has by far the best vision and his skills are fairly close to perfect. He also is a fantastic leader of his club and great sportsman (shown by his grand final speeches and his sportsmanship to all teams).

He isnt exactly quick, but he isnt the slowest man over the ground.

Im not a Bears supporter, but I think vossy has all the tools that show him as a great footballer. If not one of the most talented.

LC

na no way! he is the best player in the league but it wasnt his talent that brought him there. it was his smarts, leadership and his ability to lift his team uncannily from ne position. yes his skills are exceptional, but u'll find many more with much more talent.

interesting

surprised people have missed Jarred Waite and Anthony Koutofidies.

not many guys can wave a ball over there head with one hand, fend off two opponents with the other and then set up a team mate in a single move.

sure waity might not be there yet but he is a natural for sure.

Matty lappin is good too, but i'm sounding bias now.

i'd have to say cupido and rioli from essendon. and marcuz is right, heart / toughness etc. have nothing to do with 'natural talent', which is what this thread is about.

the way cupido gathers the ball sometimes is amazing.

Remove this Banner Ad

which player has the most natural talent?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back