Opinion Which players would have been the best if not for injury?

Remove this Banner Ad

Look at Holland's first 2 seasons. Keeps on that trajectory and he's equal with Carey easily

Lol ok mate.

He kicked 6 goals in total over his first 2 seasons, averaging about 15 disposals and 7 marks a game. He really didn’t get that injured until later in his career.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Coleman is much like Hudson. A career far too short. Anything could have been possible, but ruined by knee injuries.

I don’t really consider Hudson cut short. 339 senior games (incl rep and state). 2010 goals!!

He’s the greatest goalkicker that’s ever lived, period.

And then they say “lol, he did it in a small state league. Doesn’t count.”

Except he tried the VFL and kicked 727 in 129 games. So yeah, he would’ve kicked them in any league.

Not sure about the best, but Trent Hentschel was looking like a very good key forward til a nasty showdown tackle ended his career.

Coleman is much like Hudson. A career far too short. Anything could have been possible, but ruined by knee injuries.

A question on Hudson actually. How many of his non-VFL seasons post the knee injury was he fit enough to play footy for? So say from 1974-1979 (with the exception of 1977 obviously), was he fit enough to get through the rigours of a season here or it was it the combination of staying in Tassie etc.? Always wondered about that.

A question on Hudson actually. How many of his non-VFL seasons post the knee injury was he fit enough to play footy for? So say from 1974-1979 (with the exception of 1977 obviously), was he fit enough to get through the rigours of a season here or it was it the combination of staying in Tassie etc.? Always wondered about that.

Im not sure. But after the knee he moved back to Tassie and maybe lost the love for VFL. Possibly getting punched in the head every week by talentless thugs didnt help things too.

Im trying to find the Open Mike with him on it. Im sure they would have covered it.

Money would’ve had a bit to do with it I reckon. He was playing coach at Glenorchy so would’ve got paid a lot - combine it with running a business (I think he owned a pub) and he was probably better off than playing VFL.

Remove this Banner Ad

Opinion Which players would have been the best if not for injury?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back