Which team out of Adelaide, North and Hawthorn has the better youth? Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Curtis is good, Ford no chance tho.

Archer is solid. Wouldn’t be getting a game ahead of any hawks defender currently, future maybe.

Maybe harsh on Curtis, Moore, MacDonald and Ginnivan all push up the ground already. He would be competing with Watson and Breust for a spot

Archer wouldn't get a game at Hawthorn currently
In fairness I don’t know enough about your smalls but I’d have him in our side, Cowan a little bit more advanced but Archer could do his job too

Looked at your smalls and I can see why he wouldn’t play, so fair call - I do think Archer has merit across the comp already though

In fairness I don’t know enough about your smalls but I’d have him in our side, Cowan a little bit more advanced but Archer could do his job too

Looked at your smalls and I can see why he wouldn’t play, so fair call - I do think Archer has merit across the comp already though
Curtis would be fighting for Breusts spot, but he’s the only experience piece we have so it’d be a decision. Breust finally getting fit again and kicked 4, moved well.

MacDonald, Ginnivan, Moore as HHF and Breust/Watson as FP is a hard smalls list to break into.

Archer just wouldn’t make the hawks defense at the moment, Impey, Amon, Hardwick the smalls, rest are intercept, key defenders or hybrids. If it’s a youth only thing he’d play but otherwise no, I like him tho.

We have a list with high potential… would’ve said most potential at the start of this year.
Adelaide, i don’t know. Every time I think they look great, they phone in a stinker.

Hawks easily the best culture of the three. You could add anyone to this team and they’ll do it the Hawthorn way. Proving that it’s not all about lists and raw talent, but also about coaching, development, belief and expectations. Well done to Sam Mitchell and co.

Hawthorn clearly.

No debate anymore.

Also stand by that Thilthorpe needs to shed some weight, way too tall with all of them there and none of them pressure.

Midfield need better users and are just purely inside types (Rankine big out from a youth pov & Dawson generally)

New Year Smiling GIF

Adelaide's midfield just looks small, weak and slow which is not a good combination. Lacks skill to boot.

Different animal with Dawson and Rankine in there but gee they really need to move on from Laird/Berry and get some speed + skill in there.

Can Micalanney play in the mids?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Adelaide's midfield just looks small, weak and slow which is not a good combination. Lacks skill to boot.

Different animal with Dawson and Rankine in there but gee they really need to move on from Laird/Berry and get some speed + skill in there.

Can Micalanney play in the mids?
Maybe but I know he can for sure throw a cheap bunch and head slam 🤗

Hawthorn clearly.

No debate anymore.

Also stand by that Thilthorpe needs to shed some weight, way too tall with all of them there and none of them pressure.

Midfield need better users and are just purely inside types (Rankine big out from a youth pov & Dawson generally)

Not Thilthorpe’s fault that the coach is an idiot and picked 4 key forwards. I thought he had a pretty good game.

Not Thilthorpe’s fault that the coach is an idiot and picked 4 key forwards. I thought he had a pretty good game.
Clearly you say that with a very low bar set.
Or is it just in comparison to Fogarty?

Cal Dear at pick 56 had significantly more impact than your highly touted pick 2.

Cal Dear at pick 56 had significantly more impact than your highly touted pick 2.

No he didn’t. Both kicked 2.1, both had 4 score involvements, both had 2 marks. Dear had more possessions overall, however that was with your lightning fast ball movement, compared to our stagnant, slow ball movement, and 17 more inside 50s.

I thought Thilthorpe was running and jumping at the ball and looked dangerous in the air whenever it came to him (which was not anywhere near enough). He had a fair few marks that didn’t quite stick and was unlucky not to be paid a free on multiple occasions (frees that someone like Curnow almost always gets). He was hung out to dry by Nicks selecting 4 key forwards. Dear has a fleet of fast small forwards to work with at ground level, Thilthorpe was left to try and tackle the Hawks defenders when he was often on his own and outnumbered.

Plus, he is just four games in from a long term injury layoff. Overall, I thought he was one player for us that could hold his head high.

Clearly you say that with a very low bar set.
Or is it just in comparison to Fogarty?

2.1 and a fair few “almost” marks (plus a couple that should have been freed) is not a bad night when you consider we had 17 less inside 50s and very little fast ball movement.

No he didn’t. Both kicked 2.1, both had 4 score involvements, both had 2 marks. Dear had more possessions overall, however that was with your lightning fast ball movement, compared to our stagnant, slow ball movement, and 17 more inside 50s.

I thought Thilthorpe was running and jumping at the ball and looked dangerous in the air whenever it came to him (which was not anywhere near enough). He had a fair few marks that didn’t quite stick and was unlucky not to be paid a free on multiple occasions (frees that someone like Curnow almost always gets). He was hung out to dry by Nicks selecting 4 key forwards. Dear has a fleet of fast small forwards to work with at ground level, Thilthorpe was left to try and tackle the Hawks defenders when he was often on his own and outnumbered.

Plus, he is just four games in from a long term injury layoff. Overall, I thought he was one player for us that could hold his head high.

2.1 and a fair few “almost” marks (plus a couple that should have been freed) is not a bad night when you consider we had 17 less inside 50s and very little fast ball movement.
Dear more disposals… got up the ground more to create more contests. More 1%. More tackles.

More impact.

Dear more disposals… got up the ground more to create more contests. More 1%. More tackles. More marks.

More impact.

You don’t think a lot of that was down to the speed and frequency of your forward entries compared to ours?

Dear played well, I’m not arguing that, but I don’t think he had this big impact on the result, I think he cashed in on being in a far superior side. I also think Thilthorpe performed as well as you could expect any key forward to on a night like tonight.

Dear more disposals… got up the ground more to create more contests. More 1%. More tackles.

More impact.

Still only 18 too. Kids a natural.

Remove this Banner Ad

Which team out of Adelaide, North and Hawthorn has the better youth? Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back