Which team out of Adelaide, North and Hawthorn has the better youth? Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Hawthorn's recruiters are very smart. Saw the rule changes, and loaded up on outside players.
Which “outside players” did Hawks “load up” on exactly?

We’re talking about who has the more promising talent now

Dear for mine is a genuine A grade talent, has shown enough already

Thilthorpe if I’m being serious is highly talented too, just probably not as talented as Dear is
Yet Thilthorpe has the better record so far...

Early days, but both look like they are going to be quality players.

Thilthorpe is over 2 metres & can move like a midfielder.

Thilthorpe kicked 18 from 14 in year 1

Dear has 24 from 6

By what metric is he better?

You are smashed blind drunk
Thilthorpe average stats this year are better than Dear's coming off a knee injury.

Early days, but reckon you are the one who is drunk.

Hawthorn's recruiters are very smart. Saw the rule changes, and loaded up on outside players.
Hawks have Newk, Nash and Worps for the inside stuff already? The midfield group also needs outside run, speed, endurance with kicking skills to compliment the team. Sam/Mark McKenzie have recruited well to tick all boxes.

I think the change in rules has mainly changed the game strategy/style from the coaches more than who you recruit.

I didn’t realise Dear was in his fourth year?

Wait! He isn’t!

🍻
Yeah, so a 53 game player has better stats than a 15 game player. Wow.

Both look like they will be decent players & I will judge them better in 5 years time.

I can't be bothered arguing with your mindless drivel...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And this thread is about who has the better youth, it’s about projection

Have another beer 🍻
Seriously the most delusional supporter that ventures off his own clubs site.

22 year old with 4 full preseasons under his belt v 19 year old with one preseason.

The firm line he spent 6 months sprouting was that Hawthorn have no key position youth. They have no spine.

Yet here we are. One just tore up an elimination final.

Both rising star noms.

Calsher v a 2021 Tilthorpe averages more goals. More marks inside 50. A better DE. More 1 percenters and more tackles. The most important stats for a KP forward.

All the things that clearly indicate our pick 56 is showing immense talent as a KP forward equal to (in some regards) and better than (in many) Adelaides “great hope” pick 2 Tilthorpe.

Seriously the most delusional supporter that ventures off his own clubs site.

22 year old with 4 full preseasons under his belt v 19 year old with one preseason.

The firm line he spent 6 months sprouting was that Hawthorn have no key position youth. They have no spine.

Yet here we are. One just tore up an elimination final.

Both rising star noms.

Calsher v a 2021 Tilthorpe averages more goals. More marks inside 50. A better DE. More 1 percenters and more tackles. The most important stats for a KP forward.

All the things that clearly indicate our pick 56 is showing immense talent as a KP forward equal to (in some regards) and better than (in many) Adelaides “great hope” pick 2 Tilthorpe.
When I realised I was arguing with a poorly trained LLM I just stopped

If he didn’t understand my point or was too biased to apply some reasoning it was just a waste of Chiefs precious bandwidth

And while I’m at it…in regards to the spine.. how’s Weddle v Michalanney going…

Weddle CHB in the best 22 under 22.

Max not mentioned.
Huh? Max Michaelanny has been a gun since his first game. He hasn't been beaten at all.
He isn't a spectacular player, but always gives 100 and never let's you down.
Having a good player in one team, doesn't mean every other player isn't good as well.

Kane…

“Talls for starters.

They have no spine”
Actually, I was having this discussion with a Hawks friend of mine about the rebuilds of Adelaide, North and Hawks.
Adelaide went spine and forwards first, and are now looking for mids to finish it off.
North went mids, and are now looking for keys and small forwards to finish it off.
Hawks went for a mix of both, and it shows. On top of that, they have had a few picks and trades turn out better than anyone here thought they would.
No one was getting excited about Dear when he was drafted. My mate was livid that the Hawks went with Watson over Curtin, but here we are.

Huh? Max Michaelanny has been a gun since his first game. He hasn't been beaten at all.
Having a good player in one team, doesn't mean every other player isn't good as well.
Yet when Weddle was put up as being a potential A grader last year the “lol” reactions from a select few Crows came thick and fast.

Unfortunately your comrade Kane spent 6 months telling us Weddle wasn’t in Max’s league.
Max is a very good honest player but his ceiling is not near Weddle.

Actually, I was having this discussion with a Hawks friend of mine about the rebuilds of Adelaide, North and Hawks.
Adelaide went spine and forwards first, and are now looking for mids to finish it off.
North went mids, and are now looking for keys and small forwards to finish it off.
Hawks went for a mix of both, and it shows. On top of that, they have had a few picks and trades turn out better than anyone here thought they would.
No one was getting excited about Dear when he was drafted. My mate was livid that the Hawks went with Watson over Curtin, but here we are.
I know a lot of people excited about Dear.
And most stoked with our little Wizard.
You mix with the wrong people.

My mate was livid that the Hawks went with Watson over Curtin, but here we are.
We were never taking Curtin. If we’d have been able to trade in at the same point Crows did we’d have taken O’Sullivan.

Remove this Banner Ad

Which team out of Adelaide, North and Hawthorn has the better youth? Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back