Which team out of Adelaide, North and Hawthorn has the better youth? Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Couple huge over exaggerations here.
Not really. Go watch RTs highlights videos, and you will see him doing some freakish stuff, akin to what good small forwards and mids can do.
He has excellent marking abilities, can take the ball at its highest point, and can crash a pack.
He is also able to ruck as well.

Not really. Go watch RTs highlights videos, and you will see him doing some freakish stuff, akin to what good small forwards and mids can do.
He has excellent marking abilities, can take the ball at its highest point, and can crash a pack.

I don’t know if it’s just me, but I reckon RT has bulked up too much. If the goal is to get him to replace Tex as a sit deep option, then sure - but I thought he had the ability to maraud up and down the ground with his aerobic ability.

This thread also shows the importance of backing the right coach.

Hawks dump Clarko and North pick him up.
Both on completely different trajectories.

This can’t just be put down to the pure talent the hawks have vs north.

Next year is when the Roos need to rise up. This year they were so young and player older average players.

Last 5 matches, of the 532 AFL rated players, Weddle ranks top 20. Michalanney ranks 462.

You're not comparing what you believe to be comparable.

We have gone over this over the last two years, where Adelaide supporters in this thread overrate their youth. That's not to say you have bad youth, just not as good.
Last five matches? That's called cherry picking.
Max came in as an 18 yo first year player and slotted in from day one. Never at risk of being dropped and Max has performed at a high level his entire career. In many areas he has done better than Weddle, like his is a better tackler, something that you demand in a defender.
If people were putting Max above Weddle last year, maybe that was because he had played better up until that point?
Now Weddle has taken a step up, which is great.
Both will play over 200 games and have great careers.
As for over estimatimating our youth, that's silly. We have excellent youth. That's not our issue.
Thillthorpe is a gun.
Soligo is a gun.
Michaelanny and Worrell are great defenders, and Bond has shown he can be an awesome lockdown player.
Rachele, Rankine are two high level smalls.
Pedler was being raved about until injures destroyed his 2024.
Now Taylor and Curtin are showing great signs.
12 months is a long time in football. In 2023 Adelaide should have played finals except for an umpire error, while Hawthorn wernt.
In 2023 it looked like Adelaide were ahead, and 12 months later, Hawthorn have jumped ahead.
In 2025, it might be a different story again.
Now, Hawks and Crows supporters shouldn't be odds over who is better youth out of the two of them, but be united in the fact that both are better than North....

Last five matches? That's called cherry picking.
Max came in as an 18 yo first year player and slotted in from day one. Never at risk of being dropped and Max has performed at a high level his entire career. In many areas he has done better than Weddle, like his is a better tackler, something that you demand in a defender.
If people were putting Max above Weddle last year, maybe that was because he had played better up until that point?
Now Weddle has taken a step up, which is great.
Both will play over 200 games and have great careers.
As for over estimatimating our youth, that's silly. We have excellent youth. That's not our issue.
Thillthorpe is a gun.
Soligo is a gun.
Michaelanny and Worrell are great defenders, and Bond has shown he can be an awesome lockdown player.
Rachele, Rankine are two high level smalls.
Pedler was being raved about until injures destroyed his 2024.
Now Taylor and Curtin are showing great signs.
12 months is a long time in football. In 2023 Adelaide should have played finals except for an umpire error, while Hawthorn wernt.
In 2023 it looked like Adelaide were ahead, and 12 months later, Hawthorn have jumped ahead.
In 2025, it might be a different story again.
Now, Hawks and Crows supporters shouldn't be odds over who is better youth out of the two of them, but be united in the fact that both are better than North....

Weddle is ranked 104 over the season, while Max is 516. But Weddle continues to improve at an alarming rate. That is why I included last five games.

Of the players that have played 23 games this season, Weddle is ranked 55th, Michalanney is ranked second last, ahead Bulldogs Vandermeer who's last.

Weddle is in the top 10 rated key defenders this season. You're not comparing what you think you're comparing.

Weddle is ranked 104 over the season, while Max is 516. But Weddle continues to improve at an alarming rate. That is why I included last five games.

Of the players that have played 23 games this season, Weddle is ranked 55th, Michalanney is ranked second last, ahead Bulldogs Vandermeer who's last.

Weddle is in the top 10 rated key defenders this season. You're not comparing what you think you're comparing.
If you are using player ratings you must also think Dear is the 505th best player this year

Michalanney is a good young player in his 2nd year. I don't think he will be as good as Weddle but I'm not going to rule it out after his 2nd year

If you are using player ratings you must also think Dear is the 505th best player this year

Michalanney is a good young player in his 2nd year. I don't think he will be as good as Weddle but I'm not going to rule it out after his 2nd year

Michalanney is a good young player, and someone already said that, but wasn't comparable to Weddle, which an Adelaide poster had an issue with.

I’m as big a RT fan as anyone. But he moves like a very athletic big man, he does not move like a midfielder.

Michalanney is a good young player, and someone already said that, but wasn't comparable to Weddle, which an Adelaide poster had an issue with.

No I didn’t, you misread my post.

In that post I said that Weddle had a higher ceiling, I disputed the part were you suggested Max was just an honest reliable defender, I feel he has a lot more strings to his bow then that.

Dixon was always a crash packs, kick own the line type guy.

Thilthorpe is much more mobile, gets out on the lead more and does a lot more at ground level.
Moves like Dixon and plays similarly now he’s gained the weight he has, more mobile but hardly worth making a deal out of as all of his strengths with his aerobic base and athletic capacity has gone down since he’s bulked up, which in my eyes is still too much.

Remove this Banner Ad

Which team out of Adelaide, North and Hawthorn has the better youth? Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back