Which team out of Adelaide, North and Hawthorn has the better youth?

Which team has the better youth?

• Adelaide

Votes: 315 28.3%
  • Hawthorn

Votes: 335 30.1%
  • North

Votes: 462 41.5%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know why the 3 sides were selected
Because they were expected to be shit

Collingwood were already rated a higher level

Also we all began our rebuilds in 2019--2020.

Collingwood weren't chosen because at that point they hadn't imploded after a disastrous trade period.

What, far ahead for being shit?

I don't get it. I'm talking about the poll for this thread. I agree with the majority of voters that North have far better youth.

Just because they got it spectacularly wrong once doesn’t mean the award is meaningless.

Daicos is obviously a star and Ginnivan looks pretty impressive, don’t think there’s any arguing that.
Ginnivan looks so floggish, just the type that can screw a good team culture. IMHO…..

Ginnivan looks so floggish, just the type that can screw a good team culture. IMHO…..
I’d have to disagree. I think there’s a tendency sometimes for people to want young players to conform to how they think a footballer should act and anything outside that is deemed wrong.

From what I’ve seen he’s a confident young player who’s happy being himself, and seems well liked by his teammates. Fair enough if he’s not your cup of tea but I don’t think it’s fair to say he’s going to screw team culture.

I’d have to disagree. I think there’s a tendency sometimes for people to want young players to conform to how they think a footballer should act and anything outside that is deemed wrong.

From what I’ve seen he’s a confident young player who’s happy being himself, and seems well liked by his teammates. Fair enough if he’s not your cup of tea but I don’t think it’s fair to say he’s going to screw team culture.

I’d have to disagree……

For the record, in his incredibly short career, he’s displayed all the hallmarks of someone who will not be respected in an AFL club long term. That’s what I’m basing my comment on. Youthful w***erishness is only tolerated for so long….

OMeara was touted as the second coming a few years ago, yet we barely hear anything about him these days. What’s the go with him?
Injured to the point of loss of pace, so just now a slow inside mid, which we already have in Tom Mitchell and in Worpel.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’d have to disagree……

For the record, in his incredibly short career, he’s displayed all the hallmarks of someone who will not be respected in an AFL club long term. That’s what I’m basing my comment on. Youthful w***erishness is only tolerated for so long….

So a bloke playing team first footy, adhering to structures/game plan, causing absolutely zero headaches with off field behaviour, and generally being a positive energy creator, will only be tolerated for so long?

Last edited:
I’d have to disagree……

You're judging all of this on a couple of short interviews with him and the 10 games of exposure he's had on television. Unless you are part of the inner sanctum of a football club it is impossible to judge somebody on all of those things.

I’d have to disagree……

What are those hallmarks? Be specific because at the moment it just seems like you don’t like the bloke.

He plays team first footy from what I’ve seen. He creates great energy for his teammates, he hasn’t had any off field issues, I don’t know what his work ethic is like but there’s no reason to question that so far based on his performance.

It just seems his personality isn’t your cup of tea and quite frankly who gives a ****?

I’d have to disagree……

Did I miss something? What did he do?

I’d have to disagree……

From the outside he seems like a Daisy Thomas or Aker character. Could be a great player and if the team is going well everything works, when things eventually crash and burn will be traded off to Carlton or the Bulldogs

From the outside he seems like a Daisy Thomas or Aker character. Could be a great player and if the team is going well everything works, when things eventually crash and burn will be traded off to Carlton or the Bulldogs
You obviously haven't watched him this year. Has been cool under pressure making the plays and kicking the goals the team has needed when the game has been on the line. He has only played 10 games of footy and you have him figured out.
You seem sad....

You obviously haven't watched him this year. Has been cool under pressure making the plays and kicking the goals the team has needed when the game has been on the line. He has only played 10 games of footy and you have him figured out.
You seem sad....
yeah
Anzac today is the first time I've seen him play

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back