NFL Who Are the Best Athletes in the NFL?

Remove this Banner Ad

I was totally beside myself how Warner didn't chance his arm to Fitzgerald in the first 3 quarters ( 1 catch!!) than you see him doing the stuff he is reknown for by outjumping defenders and out-sprinting them on the home-run strike down the middle... actually, had the cards been smarter they should of eaten the clock on that go-ahead score as they did in the NFL Conf Champship vs the Eagles...

You have said this before and even though you have a point i disagree.
If you have a chance to score the go-ahead TD you go right ahead and score it and not worry about the time, as soon as you concern yourself with that you will loose yourself the game and not get that go-ahead TD.

That Cards D should've been good enough to stop that Steeler O.
The worst thing ever was that 98 yard intercept return at half-time.
The Cards had enough firepower and gameplan to win that game but for that play.

Without doubt.
The single thing that cos us the game was our offenses in-ability to lay a bloody tackle before HT and save us that big return.

they pretty much lifted a gear higher than steelers in that 2nd half, and outscored them, came back from 10-14 and took the lead, the steelers had been boxed in all 2nd half but for that last drive by Roethlisberger in the dying mins/secs.

so if the cards had gotten that TD i reckon they wouldve pulled away from the steelers.

anyway, what's done is done now. ive forgotten what was being talked about just before the SB mention.

Lol, we do sidetrack often in threads.

So yeah, back to "best athlete" talk......the DTs and OG's dont get mentioned often, but they're up there imo. You often see a 300+ lbs DT having to break two blockers (300 lbs each) then being quick and agile enough to chase down a HB from behind the line of scrimmage, coming from one side of the LOS all the way across it and often bring them down.

Yeah, i love watching big ass DTs push blockers back, penetrate the los, and then haul their big asses 10-15 yards across field to tackle and strip a runningback in the backfield.

Or murder a QB.

It'll be interesting to see how the new even-softer rules on hits on QBs affects the game. It's this part of the game and the softening up of legitimate hits by DBs on WRs that's worth criticizing the NFL about. Also interesting to see if the UFL keeps it old school or not.

You have said this before and even though you have a point i disagree.
If you have a chance to score the go-ahead TD you go right ahead and score it and not worry about the time, as soon as you concern yourself with that you will loose yourself the game and not get that go-ahead TD.

I think claiming that allowing you to score quickly was some master plan to get them the final drive may be one of the more bizzare things ive ever read.

I think claiming that allowing you to score quickly was some master plan to get them the final drive may be one of the more bizzare things ive ever read.

Well, it's not unheard of...

The Packers let Terrell Davis in in SB32, on the infamous "hole you could drive a truck through" play. Didn't work out for us, but IMO, it's a legitimate tactic.

Remove this Banner Ad

NFL Who Are the Best Athletes in the NFL?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back