Zgope1

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 13, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Pretty self explanatory.

I won't go with one of the more obvious ones:

AYCE CORDY:

With it looking like Bevo is a competitive nut that'll fight to win every game, it's likely we go with a back up ruck next year. With Boyd forward we have ourselves a marking target to take care of and Ayce seems a better fit for the role ATM. Has good ground skills and now that he's a bit lighter might not be too big a burden defensively.

Have a crack

Borderline. Depends what kind of set up we go with, I guess. I'd probably have him in though. Dangerous.
I'd like to see his talent used up the field a bit more. Is an example of a player who could stand in on a stoppage or two by next year

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Think our tall defenders are really going to improve under Bev. Think he's going to have better ideas and pedigree for the backline to develop and stand tall. Look at a team like Essendon, you wouldn't say they have a top 6 midfield and certainly a bottom 6 forward line. But their tall defensive unit, Hooker and Hurley in particular got them to the finals. We need that defensive stability too and remove this over reliance on Morris.

Our tall defensive setup just has to improve. Don't care whos name sits in the coaches box, they won't be at the club in 3 years time with one of the worst tall defensive setups which we currently have. Think bevs priority number 1 is to rectify this. Say Roberts and Talia stand up and become good KPD's then the losses of our offseason are already neutralised.

You know whats funny, is when Brendan Mcartney arrived and during his time all he preached was hard contested football wins finals and wanted the "team" to play team contested football.
At times it worked and at times it didn't reason being is the players got confused weither to attack or to defend and couldnt get the mix right.

For example JJ is not lock down defender, he is a very very good attacking player with flare and speed, so what he lacks in his defensive game, he more than makes up in his attacking game and is the reason why I beleive he belongs up half forward or on a wing, his a very similar player to Motlop from Geelong.

Under Luke Beveridge you sense he is also going to preach the defencive part of the game but more importantly play players to their strengths to maximise their attacking game as a whole

Yep my first thought was Talia. Seemed to be in a sort of "doghouse" with McCartney last year, even if it was to help his development. But this could revitalize him and knowing he already has a good amount of development and fitness behind him, he will be pumped for a fresh start and to potentially play a full season in the 1's next year.

Similar story with Roberts too.

Borderline. Depends what kind of set up we go with, I guess. I'd probably have him in though. Dangerous.
He has to play before Dickson every week, we need as many games into the kids as we can get and playing Dickson in front of kids hinders that.

Unless older players are a lot superior to the kid the kid should play at every chance next year

I reckon Grant JJ and Wood Might take giant steps next year.

Munson to return to form with help and Wallis to step up also

Think our tall defenders are really going to improve under Bev. Think he's going to have better ideas and pedigree for the backline to develop and stand tall. Look at a team like Essendon, you wouldn't say they have a top 6 midfield and certainly a bottom 6 forward line. But their tall defensive unit, Hooker and Hurley in particular got them to the finals. We need that defensive stability too and remove this over reliance on Morris.

Our tall defensive setup just has to improve. Don't care whos name sits in the coaches box, they won't be at the club in 3 years time with one of the worst tall defensive setups which we currently have. Think bevs priority number 1 is to rectify this. Say Roberts and Talia stand up and become good KPD's then the losses of our offseason are already neutralised.

Yep, what we do know about the new coach is that he can coach a back line, after what the Hawks went through this year with injuries.

Remove this Banner Ad

Who benefits most from the new coach?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back