Who can I complain to?

Remove this Banner Ad

trophies

Debutant
Jun 16, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Long story short; My kids bought my wife and I each an Interstate Membership for 2017.
We're in Perth so we get tickets to the 2 WB games played at Subi. All good.
After a bit of mucking around (website doesn't work/sent email) we finally got tickets to the round 3 match against Freo.
So I went online on Monday 8/5 to get tix for the Eagles game. Website not working so I sent an email.
The club rang me on Tuesday to advise that the WB tickets that were not claimed had been returned (sold?) to WCE for general sale. None left. Can't help you.
It seems that I/S members need to obtain the tix they have paid for at least 2 weeks before the game or otherwise you won't get them. However, the WBFC doesn't actually warn you of this, or send you an email telling you to get you skates on.
So I thought I'd contact the club and see what sort of response they would make. Website is a garbled mess where "contact us" actually leads to Telstra Login, but I managed to find a page where a callback can be requested. I did that, but no reply.

This membership package sucks. I got only half of what I signed up for and paid for and nobody at the club will discuss it. Is there anybody actually manning a position in Member Services? Is there a responsible and accountable area in the club that will actually respond?

Long story short; My kids bought my wife and I each an Interstate Membership for 2017.

I am an interstate member - I only get a ticket to 1 interstate game not two (I'm in NSW)

Not quite true, your interstate/country membership gives you 1 free game in your state per membership and 4 home games or 5 home games and no interstate . I bought my freo/dogs tickets from tickmaster myself and used my interstate membership for the eagles game.
I must say the membership department at the western bulldogs bent over backwards to make sure i got my free tickets plus an extra in a wheelchair area
PS. Was still tickets available yesterday from ticketmaster.

From interstate membership
"Live far away or interstate? We have you covered. Select a Long Distance package if you live further than 120kms from Etihad Stadium or reside interstate. You get access to 5 home games if you choose to travel to Melbourne to see the boys play or if you live interstate you can exchange a game for an away game played in the state in which you live."

The interstate ticketing on dogs website gives info of when tics need to be ordered by.

https://membership.westernbulldogs.com.au/interstate-ticketing-2

Last edited:
The WB is a multimillion dollar business that claims memberships are its lifeblood ... but it doesn't always seem like that. Sometimes it seems to operate more like a charity, relying on the strength of its "brand" and perennial goodwill from its subscribers.

I have some sympathy for the hard working staff who are genuinely helpful but are obviously incredibly busy this year. I'm reluctant to give them a hard time so I will just keep going back patiently asking about my case.

I suspect the problems start higher up. I reckon the club needs to beef up its staffing and/or fix its business processes if it is genuine about the importance of memberships.

After a bit of mucking around (website doesn't work/sent email) we finally got tickets to the round 3 match against Freo.
So I went online on Monday 8/5 to get tix for the Eagles game. Website not working so I sent an email.
The club rang me on Tuesday to advise that the WB tickets that were not claimed had been returned (sold?) to WCE for general sale. None left. Can't help you.
It seems that I/S members need to obtain the tix they have paid for at least 2 weeks before the game or otherwise you won't get them. However, the WBFC doesn't actually warn you of this, or send you an email telling you to get you skates on.
So I thought I'd contact the club and see what sort of response they would make. Website is a garbled mess where "contact us" actually leads to Telstra Login, but I managed to find a page where a callback can be requested. I did that, but no reply.

This membership package sucks. I got only half of what I signed up for and paid for and nobody at the club will discuss it. Is there anybody actually manning a position in Member Services? Is there a responsible and accountable area in the club that will actually respond?

Let us know how you go with this, I can give you a contact who should be able to sort it out for you asap.

Remove this Banner Ad

Who can I complain to?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back