Who do you think Richmond Will try to offload, Delist, Use as Trade Bait and Retire?

Remove this Banner Ad

Armed Dealer

Rookie
May 29, 2006
Australia
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Arsenal, Melbourne Tigers
Hey All Afl Supporters Especially The Tigger Train Supporters

Who will we try and:

OffLoad:
D.Rodan
D.Jackson
K.Moore
J.Schultz
G.Tivendale maybe
B.Hartigan
M.Chaffey

Delist:
D.Rodan
K.Moore
D.Jackson
B.Hartigan
M.Chaffey

Trade Bait:
D.Rodan
D.Jackson
K.Moore
J.Schultz
D.Tivendale maybe
B. Hartigan
G.Stafford
M.Chaffey

Retire:
M.Chaffey
D.Gasper maybe
A.Kellaway maybe
G.Stafford maybe

What do you think and would you change or add anyone to the list or come up with your own list.

Go Tigz Premiers sometime between 2008-2011 we need time to build a spqud for Wallaces 5 yr plan.

Delist:
K.Moore
T.Roach
J.Humm
D.Rodan
---
Fringe: M.Chaffey, D.Jackson

Trade Bait:
G.Tivendale
A.Krakouer
R.Hall (like he was in 2005/4/3/2)

Retire:
G.Stafford

We arent in the position to turn our side over again like we have the past two years. Rodan and Moore are certainties not to be there, Humm would be very suspect and giving the @rse to one of my pet hates... Tommy Roach.

With Stafford going to retire, thats 5 guys l would expect to turn over.

If we were to trade, Tivendale, Krakouer and Hall are the only blokes l'd be willing to lose who have some kind of value to other teams.

Before all you ferals go mental, I would much rather delist the other five and have Chaffey and Jackson potentially offloaded as well, than trade using any of these three.

Gasper is the interesting one... l've given him an extra year at no pay.

Armed Dealer said:
Hey All Afl Supporters Especially The Tigger Train Supporters

Who will we try and:

OffLoad:
D.Rodan
D.Jackson
K.Moore
J.Schultz
G.Tivendale maybe
B.Hartigan
M.Chaffey

Delist:
D.Rodan
K.Moore
D.Jackson
B.Hartigan
M.Chaffey

Trade Bait:
D.Rodan
D.Jackson
K.Moore
J.Schultz
D.Tivendale maybe
B. Hartigan
G.Stafford
M.Chaffey

Retire:
M.Chaffey
D.Gasper maybe
A.Kellaway maybe
G.Stafford maybe

What do you think and would you change or add anyone to the list or come up with your own list.

Go Tigz Premiers sometime between 2008-2011 we need time to build a spqud for Wallaces 5 yr plan.

*Rodan is contracted another year :)thumbsd: )
*Jackson isn't setting the world alight but may well have done enough to keep his spot on the list for another year
* Young, talented, large, mobile KPP are gold, more so to a list like ours. Schultz is going no where. Who love him to get a injury free 2006.
* Tivendale is in the form of his life
*Hartigan is too good to be delisted

Delist:
Humm = S - hit even at VFL level, worst on our list by far maybe even on any list...
Roach = I dont think is good enough
Moore = Havnt seen much of him to deside but difficult one to have a say on 50/50 I think

Retire:
Staff
Chaff = If not then delist
Gasper = Hopefully retire and let thursfield take him spot

Trade bait:
Krak = dosn't cut it week in week out
Jackson = Throw him round if no1 wants him happy to keep but see wat we could get I think
Tivva = again throw him in the trade mix and see wat we can get if not then once again happy to keep him on our list

Re: Who do you think Richmond Will try to offload, Delist, Use as Trade Bait and Reti

They signed Schulz for 2 years this year for a reason and i doubt they will try and trade him.

Agree that Rohan needs to go
Staff and Chaff should retire
Trade Hall maybe
As for Tivva, he is playing great football this year and deserves to stay at the club!

I can't see any club wanting the players you've listed. At best we'll get a 4th round pick. If we're genuine about trading we're probably going to have to be prepared to let go of one or two of our better players e.g. Pettifer, Hyde Hall.

The deal would have to be good though.

Obelix said:
I can't see any club wanting the players you've listed. At best we'll get a 4th round pick. If we're genuine about trading we're probably going to have to be prepared to let go of one or two of our better players e.g. Pettifer, Hyde Hall.

The deal would have to be good though.

Bingo. Don't give nothing, don't get nothing.

Why would a club want rubbish like Rodan, Roach, Moore etc?

If you want to score something your going to have to give up a Newman, Hyde, Pettifer, Hall type player which is actully worth something.

Intersting that Tivendale has actully played himself into such good form he now has trade value. I'd think long and hard about letting him go if we get a sniff from another club.

Re: Who do you think Richmond Will try to offload, Delist, Use as Trade Bait and Reti

Bentleigh said:
Bingo. Don't give nothing, don't get nothing.

Why would a club want rubbish like Rodan, Roach, Moore etc?

Its when you have these players i wish trading was more like it is on Footy Fanatic! You can trade 2 crap players for a Chris Judd! :D

To true though we have nothing worth while for another club, maybe rodan!

:) ALWAYS staggers me that when these sort of threads come up, 95% of Tiger fans mention the name of Ray Hall!
Man, I must have been on another planet the last two and a half years. The guy is one of the most consistent players we have and is integral to our defensive structure, as well as giving us flexibility elsewhere around the ground.
Cut the guy some slack and instead of trying to offload him at every opportunity, get behind the guy. Was in the top half dozen agains the other night.
He more than anyone has done enough to guarantee himself a spot on our list come next season.
Elsewhere, doubt the Tigers will be in a hurry to offload anyone come September-October-November. The often bandied around names of Tivendale, Pettifer and Hyde are having productive seasons and doubt we would attract anyone any better than them if we were to trade.
The likely losses will all be delistings and would suggest Rodan and Moore are in trouble, while Stafford should be lost to retirement, along with possibly Chaffey and Kellaway. That would make five losses, enough to pick up five youngsters.
We sometimes forget that Wallace has already significantly turned over the playing list in two seasons. Think we will see a much more conservative approach come the next pre-season. If there were to be mass changes, it would be a sure sign something has gone amiss from here on in.
In Deledio, Raines, Tambling, Polo, Meyer, Schultz, Thursfield, Hughes and White we have some pretty handy emerging talent. So can't see us adding to many youngsters come season's end! This crop needs time to develop as a unit and they quickly are!:)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Goldust said:
:) ALWAYS staggers me that when these sort of threads come up, 95% of Tiger fans mention the name of Ray Hall!
Man, I must have been on another planet the last two and a half years. The guy is one of the most consistent players we have and is integral to our defensive structure, as well as giving us flexibility elsewhere around the ground.
Cut the guy some slack and instead of trying to offload him at every opportunity, get behind the guy. Was in the top half dozen agains the other night.
He more than anyone has done enough to guarantee himself a spot on our list come next season.

so he has trade currency then...

Ray would be a great addition to a premiership-calibre side with his versatility, but I don't think we should be carrying a jack-of-all-trades guy like Hall - especially when he isn't really good enough to hold down any position permanently

I cant believe that l'm the only one suggesting Roach has to go... if you think that he is going to break into our best 22 at any time in the near future, you're deluded. White, JON, Polo have also surpassed him, even though Roach has had an extra year.

At the end of this season, we will get another 2 youngsters who no doubt also surpass Roach, making it even harder for him. Admit, we might be looking at a different player to select in the draft (ie backmen), but he has no chance.

I'd be saying, mate... try yourself on the open market. If you cant get a spot on anyone else's list, then we'll draft you as a rookie.

Goldust said:

Hall being pretty good equates to him having value thus he could be traded as clubs would be intersted.

Elsewhere, doubt the Tigers will be in a hurry to offload anyone come September-October-November. The often bandied around names of Tivendale, Pettifer and Hyde are having productive seasons and doubt we would attract anyone any better than them if we were to trade.
The likely losses will all be delistings and would suggest Rodan and Moore are in trouble, while Stafford should be lost to retirement, along with possibly Chaffey and Kellaway. That would make five losses, enough to pick up five youngsters.
We sometimes forget that Wallace has already significantly turned over the playing list in two seasons. Think we will see a much more conservative approach come the next pre-season. If there were to be mass changes, it would be a sure sign something has gone amiss from here on in.In Deledio, Raines, Tambling, Polo, Meyer, Schultz, Thursfield, Hughes and White we have some pretty handy emerging talent. So can't see us adding to many youngsters come season's end! This crop needs time to develop as a unit and they quickly are!:)

A good point.

Wally Matera said:
I cant believe that l'm the only one suggesting Roach has to go... if you think that he is going to break into our best 22 at any time in the near future, you're deluded. White, JON, Polo have also surpassed him, even though Roach has had an extra year.

At the end of this season, we will get another 2 youngsters who no doubt also surpass Roach, making it even harder for him. Admit, we might be looking at a different player to select in the draft (ie backmen), but he has no chance.

I'd be saying, mate... try yourself on the open market. If you cant get a spot on anyone else's list, then we'll draft you as a rookie.

Roach looked decent up untill doing his jaw. That said im not his biggest fan.

I reckon JON isn't past him. Needs alot of development. White and Polo are.

Roach was actully 2003 draft, thus 2 seasons older than White & JON, 1 older than Polo.

TigerFan said:
so he has trade currency then...

Ray would be a great addition to a premiership-calibre side with his versatility, but I don't think we should be carrying a jack-of-all-trades guy like Hall - especially when he isn't really good enough to hold down any position permanently
Sydney showed a bit of interest in Hall a couple of years ago but now that they have developed their own Gumby impersonator in LRT they may not want a second one.

Wally Matera said:

Rookie list would be a good option for Roach, I reckon, if he doesn't show something this year. I remember he did seem to show something in his first year. If he does have it in him, it might just be both the carrot and the stick that he needs.

Crumden said:
Sydney showed a bit of interest in Hall a couple of years ago but now that they have developed their own Gumby impersonator in LRT they may not want a second one.
Ted Richards is the second one ... defineatly don`t need a third .

Retired ... Stafford and Chaffey

Delist or trade ...

Gaspar - yesterdays man playing yesterdays footy
Moore
Humm

Possible Trade Bait

Krakouer if the deal was right

Hall .... but i don`t see anyone wanting to cut and arm off for him at the minute . We will end up with him for another couple of years , especially with Thursfield in the state he is in and Schulz not progressing

Mark Coughlan ....Shoot me if you will but i would see who is interested and what price clubs were prepared to pay ..... not damaging enough when he has the pill and whilst it is a very tough and harsh call , you have to think three years down the track where we want to be .

Before you Tee-off i am well aware of his strengths , fact is if you want to bring quality picks or players into the club you have to be prepared to make calculated decisions and give something up .

IDGAF said:
Ted Richards is the second one ... defineatly don`t need a third .

Retired ... Stafford and Chaffey

Delist or trade ...

Gaspar - yesterdays man playing yesterdays footy
Moore
Humm

Possible Trade Bait

Krakouer if the deal was right

Hall .... but i don`t see anyone wanting to cut and arm off for him at the minute . We will end up with him for another couple of years , especially with Thursfield in the state he is in and Schulz not progressing

Mark Coughlan ....Shoot me if you will but i would see who is interested and what price clubs were prepared to pay ..... not damaging enough when he has the pill and whilst it is a very tough and harsh call , you have to think three years down the track where we want to be .

Before you Tee-off i am well aware of his strengths , fact is if you want to bring quality picks or players into the club you have to be prepared to make calculated decisions and give something up .

3 years I want to be winning flags with 26/27 year old Cogs killing it in the guts for us.

Remove this Banner Ad

Who do you think Richmond Will try to offload, Delist, Use as Trade Bait and Retire?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back