Who do you think Richmond Will try to offload, Delist, Use as Trade Bait and Retire?

Remove this Banner Ad

True Thylacine said:
The way this year has panned out with the amount of development and advancement being shown by a hell of a lot of our young list, I doubt the challenge will be who new do we get, more how do we make sure we hang on to the quality we wanna keep to keep the graph going up. There is a lot to like about our list right now and that wont be lost on other teams either.

Nice positive post. :thumbsu:

Wally Matera said:
What on earth has Wallace got to go by to rate him so highly? I could justify keeping Roach more than Moore.
He's tall and he's quick, one of the quickest at the club off the mark
Don't have too many players competing for his position unlike Roach, Raines has taken over the small defender role we needed badly.

Re: Who do you think Richmond Will try to offload, Delist, Use as Trade Bait and Reti

jezza said:
My biggest concern about having both Wallace and Miller at the club has been whether they are prepared to stick to the plan of building for long term success or get caught up in the hype as soon as we win a few games. The last thing I want to see is another one-off finals campaign followed by a long period at the bottom. Are these two prepared to deal with short term pain to ensure we have an extended run in the finals by building the side from the bottom up, or if we win a few more games will they think we are just one or two established players off a flag and recruit another batch of recycles? Ego is a dirty word and I hope that TW and GM put the long term success of the club ahead of stroking their egos by winning a few more games in the short term.

Fantastic point Jezza!!! :thumbsu:

Infamy said:
He's tall and he's quick, one of the quickest at the club off the mark
Don't have too many players competing for his position unlike Roach, Raines has taken over the small defender role we needed badly.

Plenty of competion for Moore. Bowden is our CHB despite half the people on this forum refusing to recognise the fact. Schulz, Hall and Kellaway will be there next year. Gaspar probably will be there next year. McGuane and Thursfield are both candidates for his spot.

Moore is well down the pecking order and will probably go further behind after the next draft.

We can hardly keep him around for 2 more years of reserves footy as a back-up to the back-ups.

True Thylacine said:
Thanks Weav, I am unfamilar with due process around these matters. I feel somewhat relieved to know what we are investing in can't easy be poached, particularly as it appears to be bearing fruit.

1. None of the guys in their first contract can be traded (JON, Casserley, Hughes). Can't go anywhere.

2. No-one in the first year of a new contract can be traded (Deledio, Pattison, Schulz, Bowden) - I am guessing most guys have signed a new deal that begins next year.

3. Can't (practically) sack a contracted guy, they can't leave under their own steam, and in the real world they are unlikely to move unless their 'new' club pays them the same cash or offers them a longer term deal. That makes the likes of Krakouer and Rodan practically untradeable.

4. Every year people think we will trade away our rubbish. Doesn't happen. Trades are super-rare.

In 2005 there were only 13 players traded in the entire league. Down from 17, down from 25. A strong draft will mean that as few as 10 players will be traded in the league.

And none of them will be from outside Richmonds best 20 players.

5. Most trades are for big blokes.

13 trades in 05 and 7 were talls (Saddington, Hay, Rawlings, Powell, Watts, Chambers and Richards)

6. Kids don't get traded because clubs keep them. Last year only McConnell and Watts had 4 years or less in the system. Only Moloney the year before (and Nixon but that was not a real trade). Only Jason Gram (and the non-trade of Veale) the year before that. Each 'kid' who got traded left a strong club where he was in a long queue for a game.

In the past I have said that a player is like a car. Moment you 'buy' him and take him off the lot he looses half his value. With kids it is like buying a luxury car for $250k and then being offered 'market' value of $100k a year later. No one sells.

7. The only way a player has us over a barrell is if he is out of contract and threatens to nominate for the PSD. TTuck, Coughlan, Schulz, Deledio, Pattison, Bowden, Richardson, Brown, Newman, Simmonds are all tied up. Pretty sure Raines has another year. Doesn't leave us with much to worry about, and doesn't leave us with anyone likely to attract a big-money bidding war.

Re: Who do you think Richmond Will try to offload, Delist, Use as Trade Bait and Reti

jezza said:
My biggest concern about having both Wallace and Miller at the club has been whether they are prepared to stick to the plan of building for long term success or get caught up in the hype as soon as we win a few games. The last thing I want to see is another one-off finals campaign followed by a long period at the bottom. Are these two prepared to deal with short term pain to ensure we have an extended run in the finals by building the side from the bottom up, or if we win a few more games will they think we are just one or two established players off a flag and recruit another batch of recycles? Ego is a dirty word and I hope that TW and GM put the long term success of the club ahead of stroking their egos by winning a few more games in the short term.
Unlikely hypothetical

What does the length of Wallaces` contract tell you ?

Rest easy Jezza ... our ship is clearly being steered in one straight and steady direction

Armed Dealer said:
Hey All Afl Supporters Especially The Tigger Train Supporters

Who will we try and:

OffLoad:
D.Rodan
D.Jackson
K.Moore
J.Schultz
G.Tivendale maybe
B.Hartigan
M.Chaffey

Delist:
D.Rodan
K.Moore
D.Jackson
B.Hartigan
M.Chaffey

Trade Bait:
D.Rodan
D.Jackson
K.Moore
J.Schultz
D.Tivendale maybe
B. Hartigan
G.Stafford
M.Chaffey

Retire:
M.Chaffey
D.Gasper maybe
A.Kellaway maybe
G.Stafford maybe

What do you think and would you change or add anyone to the list or come up with your own list.

Go Tigz Premiers sometime between 2008-2011 we need time to build a spqud for Wallaces 5 yr plan.
Mate, this is the worst post I have ever seen on the Richmond board. Worse than TigerFan claiming he will eat poo if we finish above the bottom four (oh I cant wait).

Im not going to be too harsh on you because you seem a little bit, shall we say, mentally disadvantaged, but your posting is about two years behind. You are talking like people were talking at the end of 2004, when the clean out was in place and peoples careers were put on the line.

We are devloping players such as Schulz, Hartigan and Jackson. Tivendale is playing beautifully and is exactly the kind of running player with the long boot playing outside the packs receiving the ball that we need and I odnt understand how you can have a player like Chaffey in the offload section, as well as the trade bait and retire section.

By all means follow the Tigers, and I am glad you love the club enough to know the names of some of the players, but please, there are better ways to prove that you do other than list them all in your crazy, out of context catagories.

IDGAF said:
Unlikely hypothetical

What does the length of Wallaces` contract tell you ?

Rest easy Jezza ... our ship is clearly being steered in one straight and steady direction

I will believe it when I see it.

tomthetiger said:
Wallace insists that the finals are not on our radar yet Jezza, dont worry.

It means that he is there for a long time, doesn't mean he will make good decisions.

Greg Miller has an itchy finger at trade time. Always has. He loves nothing more than finding a Dhurkay, Abraham, Nicholls, Bell trade. He loves to take another club's refuse and make them look foolish. As long as he sticks to 4th round picks and rookie-listings like P.Bowden and Humm it is OK - but it is not really what we need.

Wallace has a very focussed view of the team he wants, and that has created problems in the past. He traded for dud after dud in the search for big blokes. He let all his tough-nuts go, and was in for every wingman in the league. Given a choice he'd trade Polo to get Fiora back.

Hopefully the two of them can be kept on ice next trade week. Steady as she goes this year, look at some trades in the future when our weaknesses become more apparant.

Weaver said:
It means that he is there for a long time, doesn't mean he will make good decisions.

Greg Miller has an itchy finger at trade time. Always has. He loves nothing more than finding a Dhurkay, Abraham, Nicholls, Bell trade. He loves to take another club's refuse and make them look foolish. As long as he sticks to 4th round picks and rookie-listings like P.Bowden and Humm it is OK - but it is not really what we need.

Wallace has a very focussed view of the team he wants, and that has created problems in the past. He traded for dud after dud in the search for big blokes. He let all his tough-nuts go, and was in for every wingman in the league. Given a choice he'd trade Polo to get Fiora back.

Hopefully the two of them can be kept on ice next trade week. Steady as she goes this year, look at some trades in the future when our weaknesses become more apparant.

Christ I hope thats an attempt at comedy! Anyone else notice how Fiona stood up under pressure again last weekend? You would need your head examined.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

tugga said:
Doubt he'd attract a top 10 pick. Not in this draft anyway. But certainly, these are the types of players you need to trade to get anything of any substance in return.

Port Adelaide have had Josh Carr, Roger James and Josh Francou either leave, retire or otherwise breakdown over the past 2 years. These players provided them with the grunt that won the premiership.

Since they've gone, Port have been cack.

I would suggest that they would be a chance to give their first pick (most likely to be top 10) for Coughlan.

tomthetiger said:
Wallace insists that the finals are not on our radar yet Jezza, dont worry.

Only because its better to make the finals after Wallace says 'they are out of the picture' rather than say 'we are going to make the 8' and then miss out.

Think outside the box my friend. Just because Hall is rated by Wallace doesn't men he wont be traded if a good trade or offered (as you were talking about in another post).

Plough is a smart bloke but don't take what you hear him say as bible.

Weaver said:

Your a smart bloke Weaver but sometimes you really give me the shytes, like now.

Wallace/Plough/Richmond would not trade a player they used a top 20 pick on in a solid draft only 1 year ago for a soft hack who spent many seasons being gash here already. More when that kid had the best debut in the history of the game and has been bloody good ever since.

He may like the Meyer, Tambling, JON types but he also bought Hughes, Pattison, Knobel, Simmonds etc. into the club. He is never going to give a Polo for a Fiora, even if it is only an example :thumbsdown:

Don't talking rubbish :mad:

The thing that confuses me the most is WTF are we doing talking trade and draft in June??? I have heard of being prepared but this is ridiculous. Plenty of time to bore us Geishen-less with all that after the season is finished and we can make a reasonable judgement. Lets concentrate on 2006 for a while.

Infamy said:
Retire
Stafford
Chaffey

Trade
Gaspar (I don't want him to go, but I think he will)
Tivendale

Delist
Roach if he can't get back
Humm
Moore will be a chance to be delisted too if he can't get back into the side by the end of the year, but I know Wallace rates him so hopefully can stay another year.

We only need 4 or 5 changes, nothing drastic

Great to see someone is able to back up what I stated a few weeks back :thumbsu:

I have a feeling he will still remain in the side if he can strap a few games together. Even if they are not highly promising. He has plans for Moore IMO

Bentleigh said:
Your a smart bloke Weaver but sometimes you really give me the shytes, like now.

Hmmmm. A sentance involving the words pot, kettle and black is floating around in my mind.

Bentleigh said:
Wallace/Plough/Richmond would not trade a player they used a top 20 pick on in a solid draft only 1 year ago for a soft hack who spent many seasons being gash here already. More when that kid had the best debut in the history of the game and has been bloody good ever since.

Polo and Pattison were not Wallace's choice. He opened his XMas presidents and got his cool new toys (Deledio, Meyer and Tambling) but his mommy also gave him some socks and jocks, which he smiled politely and said thankyou for.

Bentleigh said:
He may like the Meyer, Tambling, JON types but he also bought Hughes, Pattison, Knobel, Simmonds etc. into the club. He is never going to give a Polo for a Fiora, even if it is only an example :thumbsdown:

Well he gave away Montgomery who won a B+F and a premiership for Eagleton who took a looong time to justify that trade.

Wallace trades

In/Out
Simon Minton-Connell (pick 29)
Luke Trew and pick 20 (Illija Grgic)
Simon Garlick (pick 31)
Matthew Robbins (pick 15 and pick 38)
Josh Mahoney (Tyson Lane)
Kingsley Hunter (Brad Wira)
Trent Bartlett (Michael Martin)
Nathan Eagleton (Brent Montgomety, pick 28)
Ben Harrison (pick 41)
Daniel Bandy (Craig Ellis, pick 26)
Marcus Picken and Shannon Rusca (pick 49)

The mature age guys he has recyced

Matthew Dent (ex Roys)
Steven Pitt
Paul Hudson
Adam Contessa (twice)
Nicky Winmar
Andrew Wills
Aaron James

He has many, many great qualities as a coach but I'll stick by my suggestion that we are best off if he gets locked in a room during trade week.

Remove this Banner Ad

Who do you think Richmond Will try to offload, Delist, Use as Trade Bait and Retire?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back