Who do you want to coach Richmond in 2010?

Remove this Banner Ad

May 7, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
With respect to the other potential coaches who will be in the mix.

These are the coaches favoured by the bookies.

My vote is for Leigh Matthews.

I think we need a strong coach who will take control. He does not need to please interest groups within the club and has nothing to lose as his reputation has been well established with his other clubs.

depending on the next 10 weeks ill like to see Jade Rawlings as coach he is young but has got decent coaching experience with fresh ideas. But if he becomes a flop as a coach you would be silly not to choose Lethal.

With respect to the other potential coaches who will be in the mix.

These are the coaches favoured by the bookies.

My vote is for Leigh Matthews.

I think we need a strong coach who will take control. He does not need to please interest groups within the club and has nothing to lose as his reputation has been well established with his other clubs.
Leigh Matthews rode on the coatails of a list which he did not build. When you have such a good team like he did they play the footy themselves. Alot of brisbane fans will say this "leigh matthews cant coach".

I believe that Leigh is a good coach however doubts in my mind arise due to the above points. Hardwick is the man. Think about it for a second....
He will come cheap (more money to spend in other areas) and has done the full apprenticeship by helping port and the hawks win flags. To me he seems a better prospect than Buckley or just as good, but the extra cash that comes with him is priceless.

Bring on Hardwick. He is young, a tough take no shit type, and has experienced premierships and success.

if we dont get bucks. then leigh matthews is my pick, as long as they do the process right. if it involves leigh. then fine by me. but the others would be good as well. so buckley :D, matthews :D, rawlings :) & hardwick :rolleyes: are my selections.:thumbsu:

I'm not convinced about Hardwick, he seems to have been overlooked by a couple of clubs now, Melbourne and Essendon.

Surely there's a reason for that?

The reason Hardwick did'nt get the job at essendon was because the week he was going for the interviews Hawthorn took his computer away from him, so Knights peformed better and got the job.

Have been supporting Richmond for a very long time and just get a positive feeling about Jade Rawlings. Can't explain it, but I know he will take this playing group forward. Give him 3 years in that time he should grow as a coach, select a list that will repond to his type of coaching and weed out out players that are not up to or able to play AFL standard.

Remove this Banner Ad

Who do you want to coach Richmond in 2010?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back