Who is going to coach Sturt?

Remove this Banner Ad

Kurupt

Draftee
Oct 12, 2006
I know that Sturt have had discussions with Pyman but who else is in the mix for the Sturt coaching job? I haven't heard any names other than Pyman, going around the media.

As long as its not McGuiness :(

I note Brodie was in the Western Border league but he only stayed a short while. Yes I have seen the allegations so no comment on those.

I am interested in how people saw his structure etc in the last 5 games

PerthCrow said:
As long as its not McGuiness :(

I note Brodie was in the Western Border league but he only stayed a short while. Yes I have seen the allegations so no comment on those.

I am interested in how people saw his structure etc in the last 5 games

I can only go on what I saw in the Round 23 clash vs the Eagles, but that was the most impressive Sturt had been against us for a few years. The tackling and endeavour was right up there. Whether that was because it was the last game or whether Atkinson started having them how he wanted them to play, but there was a lot less stuffing around with the ball than with Phillips as coach. I can't see how Sturt are going to finish above last next year, regardless who coaches. If the players like playing for Atkinson, I don't see why Sturt would not try and rebuild under him for the next two years until their financials improve and they can afford to buy some quality to mix with their juniors coming through.

I think MacGowan would be the next in line for any of the top clubs (Eagles, Central, North) and I'd be surprised if he wanted to coach Sturt when a senior job at a strong club may only be a year away.

PerthCrow said:
Thanks glengowan

Hopefully its the start of a rising time for the Blues
Will Brodie stay on......!? that is the next question, undoubtedly he wants to coach at a senior level badly.I wonder if it's time for him again to look elsewhere in the league (if there are any snr positions available) or interstate or stay with the famous double blues and continue to develope ! i think its unquestionable how much he wants to coach & to coach the blues !!

wizard_9 said:
Fabulous Phil decided not to apply.

I spoke to Brodie last weekend and he is very confident about getting the job.

Vote 1 - Brodie Atkinson.

i agree i would have liked to c brodie get the job, but the new coaching staff were introduced to the playing group on the 18th october from what i heard, and its rick Macgowan from centrals. 222 games, 2 priemerships, 1 jack oatey medal two times advertiser player of the year and a state representitive, sounds very aprochable and hopefully will have faith and try to develope the young kids who are showing promise. I think this is a turning point and a positive step for the club. carn u blue boys!!!:thumbsu: :thumbsu: :D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What a load of fu*king sh*t.
Brodie Atkinson is the ebst man for the job, i dont give a sh*t what anyone says he should be coaching this team net year. Stop pulling guys out from other clubs and go with a true blue for christs sake.

I've heard the odd comment that some of the players wouldn't have respect for Brodie, and if that was true then he wouldn't have been the best man for the job.

Obviously Rick had better credentials and was more impressive than Brodie otherwise the club wouldn't have chosen him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Who is going to coach Sturt?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back