Who is going where in 2009 ?

Remove this Banner Ad

I have heard confirmation that McDonald is off to coach, but have yet to hear about Collins.

Maybe the challenge of Divison 1 was not as enticing as the almighty dollar?

Flash 06 & Stinga...check their website www.powelltownfc.vcfl.com.au. Reckon that's about as official as it gets! Must be on good coin because they are are Div 2 club and he's knocking back the chance to play Div 1 in the NFL.

Flash 06 & Stinga...check their website www.powelltownfc.vcfl.com.au. Reckon that's about as official as it gets! Must be on good coin because they are are Div 2 club and he's knocking back the chance to play Div 1 in the NFL.

I wasn't disputing your mail on McDonald as i've got confirmation from the man himself. The query is on Collins who's not mentioned anything about a move.

Well i guess some people like being well known in lower divisions rather than try and get respect in the top division of one of the best leagues in Victoria.

Money must be very attractive indeed.

I wasn't disputing your mail on McDonald as i've got confirmation from the man himself. The query is on Collins who's not mentioned anything about a move.

Well i guess some people like being well known in lower divisions rather than try and get respect in the top division of one of the best leagues in Victoria.

Money must be very attractive indeed.

Will keep you posted on Collins...you might be right. BTW, when I checked on Powelltown via Google, I found out they went broke a couple of years ago and went into recess for a season. Fair comeback to be attracting a quality player (and bloke) a few years later.

Will keep you posted on Collins...you might be right. BTW, when I checked on Powelltown via Google, I found out they went broke a couple of years ago and went into recess for a season. Fair comeback to be attracting a quality player (and bloke) a few years later.

Only partially correct there GWH. Spent 2006 in recess after Warby Millgrove were relegated to Division 2 and most senior players left to chase a flag. Were very financial when they went into recess but had a shortage of players and rather than flog a dead horse chose to enter recess and try and rebuild, which they are well on the way to doing. Also Macca is the future son in law of club legend Peter Mcconachy, not saying he wouldnt be on a decent quid but think family played a part as well.

ur mail was spot on... it seems the bears r having enough trouble trying to keep there players, u just carnt let ur best player walk out.. watch this space more bears to head up the mountain now that baz is coach.. im hearing alot of negative talk come out of there

ur mail was spot on... it seems the bears r having enough trouble trying to keep there players, u just carnt let ur best player walk out.. watch this space more bears to head up the mountain now that baz is coach.. im hearing alot of negative talk come out of there

Well that is dissapointing for the Bears. They are never going to send massive shock waves in Div 1 next year but they had a great group of young guys who grew up playing together and could benefit greatly from playing footy against the best in the league. Lets hope that they don't take the easy way out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Starting a list of everything I have heard. ALL RUMOURS
Div 1
Shane Harvey - Linked to alot of other forums
Jarrod King - Macleod, Echuca and EDFL
Daniel Moore - Macleod and Echuca
Daniel Sage + Hayes - Craigeburn
Mungara Borwn - Stars
Barry Macdonald - Powelltown
Jeremy Page and Gareth Heanan - Whittlesea
Div 2
Shane Tennant - Mont
Guy Booker - Kilmore
Scott Gillchrist + Brad Regan - Wallan
Adam Curran, Roy Dyson - QLD FAT FARM
hahahahahaha

seriously though looking at other forums and speaking to people these are some people that I know are in talks with other clubs. It's only november so who knows but will be interesting watching.

ADD TO THE LIST IF YOU CAN

Sagey met with Heidelberg a couple of weeks ago and was pretty interested, but at this stage it looks as though he will follow Hayes to Craigeburn.

Collins will stay 99.99% and a couple solid recruits coming in next few weeks! Thomo lost 1 player ( captain , BnF, ) bazza good luck next season! hes good bloke and great leader!

But the core group of young players are pumped and wont be out of place in div 1... :thumbsu:

collins is almost out the door, and thomo would need a bit more then a few recruits if they dont want to face relegation in there 1st year

I hear from a very good source that Collins is gone from Thomo. Had offers from Heidelberg amoungst other div 1 clubs and Bullants but turned them down to play footy apparently with his cousin Barry (anyone able to confirm that they are relatives). Big loss for the Bears, huge gains for Powelltown and apparently a couple more heading that way.

yes they r cousins thats for sure , and i new all along that he would follow his cousin baz
to powelltown, a massive loss for the bears lossing those 2 they have won a heap of trophies between them at the bears and wont b easily replaced
a few more shock waves to main street in the comming weeks with a few more big names
set to leave and play eleswere

Starting a list of everything I have heard. ALL RUMOURS
Div 1
Shane Harvey - Linked to alot of other forums
Jarrod King - Macleod, Echuca and EDFL
Daniel Moore - Macleod and Echuca
Daniel Sage + Hayes - Craigeburn
Mungara Borwn - Stars
Barry Macdonald - Powelltown
Jeremy Page and Gareth Heanan - Whittlesea
Div 2
Shane Tennant - Mont
Guy Booker - Kilmore
Scott Gillchrist + Brad Regan - Wallan
Adam Curran, Roy Dyson - QLD FAT FARM
hahahahahaha

seriously though looking at other forums and speaking to people these are some people that I know are in talks with other clubs. It's only november so who knows but will be interesting watching.

ADD TO THE LIST IF YOU CAN
Mase strong rumours you are fielding offers from Epping, Wallan and Kilmore with Wallan the favourite-any truth mase

Erik Edwards very keen to play for the STARS this season, upon other players (choosing to be tight lipped at the moment) that will give us a great boost.

Havnt heard of anyone leaving, so we should be a strong outfit hopefully.
All the boys are keen to get back together and get the great feeling we had during 2008, so preseason will probably start in the next week.

Fielding offers?? Don't think so, until I find out where I'm getting posted in Jan I won't be able to make any decisions. Might not be able to play much anyway. Definately haven't spoken regarding money and signing. But if speaking to Gilly (wallan), Books (Kilmore) and about 10 old mates from Epping is fielding offers, then I'm guilty. May need to get your info correct.

Fielding offers?? Don't think so, until I find out where I'm getting posted in Jan I won't be able to make any decisions. Might not be able to play much anyway. Definately haven't spoken regarding money and signing. But if speaking to Gilly (wallan), Books (Kilmore) and about 10 old mates from Epping is fielding offers, then I'm guilty. May need to get your info correct.

Woud it be fair to say whatever happens you will not be at Whittlesea

Remove this Banner Ad

Who is going where in 2009 ?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back